New York Jets free safety Marcus Maye fires back at Tyran Mathieu

26 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

To be fair to Bowles, who I hate, everyone here is acting as if Bowles said this to Mathieu AFTER The 2018 season. It was said after the 2017 season when Maye played great, for a rookie, and started all 16 games. 

Thank you...

Why should we let facts get in the way.....

FACTS!!!

The Hanging is at Noon!!!!

Image result for noose gif

• Upvote 1

Managing May will show us how smart the Jets are.

He is in year 3 of his rookie deal.  He should be motivated to play well, stay healthy and get another contract.  

Maybe the Jets provide it, but the smarter move is to draft his successor and get the benefit of 2 years of motivated play, and maybe get a comp pick when he leaves.

That is how the good teams work.  

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Because one the only 2nd round picks who has panned out should be traded away.  Because what all the good teams do is trade away good players for no reason other than to collect picks no better than the one we used on that player 2 years ago.  

New take though.  Usually it's Maye is better than our hated all pro S.  Now he should be traded right after the all pro safety is traded. 

Cant make this line of thinking up. 

After a solid rookie season he played just 6 games last year - not better than Mathieu - not close

and if Bowles values him that highly it might be a good opportunity to add draft picks, it not like Maye is an all pro, how many FS were available in FA last year? not like it hard to replace (or upgrade)

4 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

After a solid rookie season he played just 6 games last year - not better than Mathieu - not close

and if Bowles values him that highly it might be a good opportunity to add draft picks, it not like Maye is an all pro, how many FS were available in FA last year? not like it hard to replace (or upgrade)

You're 100% right.  He was coming off a really solid rookie season.  All this happened before year two, before he was injured and missed time.  Bowles was right.  None of what has happened since means he needs to be traded.  And with the assumption that a DC will trade for him. 

I just don't get the rush to trade a young player who seems to have talent and has for in because the coach we fired might want him. 

To me most good teams keep their good young players and develop them especially while under rookie deals.  Not dump them for more expensive FAs.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You're 100% right.  He was coming off a really solid rookie season.  All this happened before year two, before he was injured and missed time.  Bowles was right.  None of what has happened since means he needs to be traded.  And with the assumption that a DC will trade for him. 

I just don't get the rush to trade a young player who seems to have talent and has for in because the coach we fired might want him. 

To me most good teams keep their good young players and develop them especially while under rookie deals.  Not dump them for more expensive FAs.

Agree, all the talk around trading Williams and drafting Williams replacement had me looking for other options - $14m is expensive for his play on the field but using #3 to replace him does not make more sense to me, also think Lee could be good rushing the QB in the new defense so why dump them... would be nice to sign a few draft picks to second contracts...

On 4/22/2019 at 1:49 PM, roscoeword said:

Has Maye played more than Dee Miliner?  Miliner was a higher draft choice, and got hurt all the time. Hope Maye doesn't suffer a similar fate. We are truly cursed at drafting in the  secondary. Except for Revis. 

And Aaron Glenn, J Adams.....