Why don’t we want one of the big 3?

Philc1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well the big three this year imo are no where near as good as most big threes in most drafts.

Bosa or Allen would be fine Q Williams would be a huge disappointment for me.

I have a feeling Bosa will be there for us.

I think Bosa is a 49er.  If he’s there at 3 absolutely snatch him up

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Not in the draft. This was back in 1997 before the draft

Manning wanted to come out as a junior but Parcells said he wouldn’t guarantee taking him first overall that made a big financial difference to him at the time

• Upvote 1

Just now, JetFaninMI said:

Well I wouldn't be upset if they traded the pick simply because that 2nd rounder is very important this year at least for me. More picks early mean a better shot of filling all those holes with quality prospects.

So trade Leo for a second.  We get another early pick plus avoid Mac’s next stupid contract

Win win 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Philc1 said:

Manning wanted to come out as a junior but Parcells said he wouldn’t guarantee taking him first overall that made a big financial difference to him at the time

Yes but you forget they traded down. They did not take Farrior #1. Basically that addition to the Marino-O'Brien thing is not really valid

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The three best players in this draft are Bosa, Quinnen Williams and Josh Allen.  Jets are going to be in a position to draft one of them

why is this a bad thing?

What makes you think every NFL team has the same 3 players at the top of their draft boards? Those guys are my top 3, but I am sure there are teams with guys like White/Oliver/Jonah and a couple of others. 

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

What makes you think every NFL team has the same 3 players at the top of their draft boards? Those guys are my top 3, but I am sure there are teams with guys like White/Oliver/Jonah and a couple of others. 

Devin White?!?! Lol

12 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The three best players in this draft are Bosa, Quinnen Williams and Josh Allen.  Jets are going to be in a position to draft one of them

why is this a bad thing?

Josh Allen is not among the top 3 players in the draft.

Jets fans are overrating Allen because the team whiffed on Barr and it's such a dire need 

Ed Oliver is a better prospect than Josh Allen. 

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

We passed on Dan Marino and Payton Manning for Kenny O’Brien and James Farrior

Now Mac is trying to trade down to draft a Guard

What a joke

QBs vs interior Dlineman interesting.

Do you really feel that the top three of this draft are totally can't miss pro bowlers?

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Josh Allen is not among the top 3 players in the draft.

Jets fans are overrating Allen because the team whiffed on Barr and it's such a dire need 

Ed Oliver is a better prospect than Josh Allen. 

OLB is a dire need but Barr did us a favor he’s ridiculously overrated

I’m only ok with drafting Oliver if we switch to a 4-3 and he plays outside Otherwise he’s too small to play the interior in a full time 3-4 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Because JJ Watt and Aaron Donald are unicorn elite all-time players and their teams were non-competitive until they found decent quarterbacks. Q. Williams isn’t the prospect that Watt or Donald were, and he’s redundant with Leonard Williams here. 

Watt was taken 11th, Donald 13th. Revisionist history has Watt and Donald being consensus all time greats out of college. Quinnen is just as good a prospect as Watt/Donald were. Whether he ends up being as good is a different question. 

From Watt's draft profile:

WEAKNESSES

Won't consistently get the edge on tackles with his get off or quickness. Plays high at times, can be blown off the ball by the double team, but does fight hard to hold ground. Lacks some lateral mobility both rushing the passer and playing in space. Will occasionally give up outside contain.

From Donald's draft profile on NFL.com: 

WEAKNESSES

Marginal height and frame is nearly maxed out. Hands are more active than strong -- could play with more pop and power. Overpowered in the run game and ground up by double teams. Gets snared and controlled by bigger, longer blockers. Not a two-gap player. Has some tweener traits -- lacks ideal length and bend to play outside.

DRAFT PROJECTION

Rounds 4-5
  • Upvote 1

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Watt was taken 11th, Donald 13th. Revisionist history has Watt and Donald being consensus all time greats out of college. Quinnen is just as good a prospect as Watt/Donald were. Whether he ends up being as good is a different question. 

From Watt's draft profile:

WEAKNESSES

Won't consistently get the edge on tackles with his get off or quickness. Plays high at times, can be blown off the ball by the double team, but does fight hard to hold ground. Lacks some lateral mobility both rushing the passer and playing in space. Will occasionally give up outside contain.

From Donald's draft profile on NFL.com: 

WEAKNESSES

Marginal height and frame is nearly maxed out. Hands are more active than strong -- could play with more pop and power. Overpowered in the run game and ground up by double teams. Gets snared and controlled by bigger, longer blockers. Not a two-gap player. Has some tweener traits -- lacks ideal length and bend to play outside.

DRAFT PROJECTION

Rounds 4-5

The overthinking about Quinnen Williams is quite frankly shocking.  The guy is a monster

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1