Why don’t we want one of the big 3?

Philc1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Only trade down I would really be interested in is we send Seattle the 3 pick and get back their first round pick and Frank Clark

If Allen is even nearly as good as Clark he’s a successful draft pick 

Horrible trade. 

Thanks to Post's like this we know why fans aren't GMs and should stopping thinking they could be

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Quinnen's highlight reel plays are pretty impressive if you cared to search for them. Ed Oliver's highlights are definitely more exciting/explosive. There is no question he is a better athlete. However, Ed Oliver's highlights from this year come from games against Memphis/Navy/ECU/Tulsa/Texas Southern/TTU/Arizona/Rice. That is all. He didn't face a single team that finished in the top 25. 

Quinnen was dominating the SEC. 

Oliver was likely misused. 

I can see the case for Oliver, but many here are severely undervaluing Quinnen. 

I watched his game tape not his highlight reel. I don't hate QW, I hate QW @3 overall because I don't see the upside that Oliver possesses.

QW also played on what I thought was the greatest college team I've ever watched(at least until the CG). I'd wager a guess that over half of Bamas defense will be drafted by the NFL. Oliver played on an island at Houston.

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

Well I wouldn't be upset if they traded the pick simply because that 2nd rounder is very important this year at least for me. More picks early mean a better shot of filling all those holes with quality prospects. 

not with mac running the show-he has shown with certainty a second round pick has zero value to him-  he sucks something awful-the only chance we have is to stay in the top five anything besides that and you can enjoy watching the next hackenberg devin smith etc... bust out of the league

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Quinnen's highlight reel plays are pretty impressive if you cared to search for them. Ed Oliver's highlights are definitely more exciting/explosive. There is no question he is a better athlete. However, Ed Oliver's highlights from this year come from games against Memphis/Navy/ECU/Tulsa/Texas Southern/TTU/Arizona/Rice. That is all. He didn't face a single team that finished in the top 25. 

Quinnen was dominating the SEC. 

Oliver was likely misused. 

I can see the case for Oliver, but many here are severely undervaluing Quinnen. 

Let’s give Quinnen the benefit of the doubt and say that he has Ndamokong Suh’s career: 5 Pro Bowls, two first team AP’s, averages 5-8 sacks per year. Is that what you’d want to add to this roster at this point? It’s a tough call. IMO, this roster would be better off with a plus tackle or plus receiver than another really good DT, only because you’re directly impacting Darnold. 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Let’s give Quinnen the benefit of the doubt and say that he has Ndamokong Suh’s career: 5 Pro Bowls, two first team AP’s, averages 5-8 sacks per year. Is that what you’d want to add to this roster at this point? It’s a tough call. IMO, this roster would be better off with a plus tackle or plus receiver than another really good DT, only because you’re directly impacting Darnold. 

Plus Center and/or plus Tackle giving Darnold an extra second to scan the filed and to open up the run game is the way this NFL team should be built.

Just now, T0mShane said:

just goes to show you how the conception of winning games in today's nfl impacts the types of decisions you make.  positional value is key now, especially when you're developing a young qb.

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

just goes to show you how the conception of winning games in today's nfl impacts the types of decisions you make.  positional value is key now, especially when you're developing a young qb.

And even more so when you’ve already burned a bunch of draft capital on underwhelming safeties and defensive linemen 

Just now, T0mShane said:

And even more so when you’ve already burned a bunch of draft capital in underwhelming safeties and defensive linemen 

i said this earlier today - if the jets trade into the 4,5 or 6 spot they'll probably still go defense, and get extra picks that can address OL and cb.  if they trade back to the 10/11 range i think it's dillard or jonah.  they brought both in for private visits.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SR24 said:

It’s a win win for me

either fleece a team for #3 or land a T3 prospect. Hope Bosa is there at 3 but I’m fine with leaving with QW,Oliver or Allen

Lol mac is not going to “ fleece “ anyone for 3. He overpaid last yr, but that is because the qb prospects were that good. Not even close this yr.. I hope we do trade down, unless they are terrible offers. We trade back where we can pick a major position of need, OL, around mid first, and again in the 2nd. When we pick up 1. O tackle and center, 2 of our biggest needs 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I agree, which is why I prefer to trade back and take a tackle in the 6-15 spot. And find a center/upside WR in the 2nd. But if teams don't want to trade up and we are "stuck" at 3, the defensive players available are significantly better than the OT/WR players available. 

Debating between Oliver and Quinnen seems like a waste of time since I think both will be really good. 

• Upvote 1

Because this roster has so many holes, we cant afford to take a luxury pick of an IDL. Weve done that so many f*****ng times this past decade it makes me sick. There is no Aaron Donald In this draft. The Jets future success is directly correlated with the success of SAM DARNOLD. No one has as much of an effect on this team than he does. D line alone wont win us games, QB play will. We need to set him up to succeed. Oline needs to be priority 1. Mac has picked 2 Olineman out of 28 picks. TWO. Oline needs to be addressed.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol mac is not going to “ fleece “ anyone for 3. He overpaid last yr, but that is because the qb prospects were that good. Not even close this yr.. I hope we do trade down, unless they are terrible offers. We trade back where we can pick a major position of need, OL, around mid first, and again in the 2nd. When we pick up 1. O tackle and center, 2 of our biggest needs 

I think if they’re able to trade back to a spot outside the top ten, they’ll prioritize a CB. No way they’re going into the season with Darryl Roberts as their CB2.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think if they’re able to trade back to a spot outside the top ten, they’ll prioritize a CB. No way they’re going into the season with Darryl Roberts as their CB2.

if you consider private visits important, then the only visits i saw the jets have for 1st rounders besides the top defensive players were jonah williams, dillard and fant.  i think the odds are the jets are taking a tackle at 10 or 11.

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yep, same old story. We draft and sign dls and dbacks, but every yr we need more ?. Maybe one yr we can draft  2 OL studs top of the draft and let them anchor the OL for 10 years ?‍♂️ 

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I have no idea who that would even be. As far as the aggregate board goes Greedy and Murphy are clustered with the third tier of defenders, the second tier of OL, and A.J. Brown and N'Keal Harry, which translates to not at all a sure thing for the first round. The Penn State rando could be the first DB off the board.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

if you consider private visits important, then the only visits i saw the jets have for 1st rounders besides the top defensive players were jonah williams, dillard and fant.  i think the odds are the jets are taking a tackle at 10 or 11.

What other non-QB offensive players do you think anybody has in the first round? sh*t is bleak.

4 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I have no idea who that would even be. As far as the aggregate board goes Greedy and Murphy are clustered with the third tier of defenders, the second tier of OL, and A.J. Brown and N'Keal Harry, which translates to not at all a sure thing for the first round. The Penn State rando could be the first DB off the board.

The Draft Bro Community is now very high on Ya Sin, who dropped a 7.31 three-cone. 

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Ask for explanation, minimize same as overthinking. Total mystery why nobody who knows anything bothers anymore.

Oops. ?

Point well taken.

However I meant it as how someone like me who doesn’t study this would see it. Sorry it didn’t come across that way.

Trust me, I appreciate when people take the time to explain what they’ve studied.

That said, you might want to get over yourself just a tad, since nobody was asking you anything.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Draft Bro Community is now very high on Ya Sin, who dropped a 7.31 three-cone. 

I also didn't like him at the SB, he always had a hard time locating the ball.

5 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

The correct answer is no one knows. Someone toward the middle of the pack or late round could easily end up being a better player than anyone in the top 5

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Said by everyone every year since the draft was instituted.  Exactly.

Love how folks are so sure of their convictions when (1) they are just guessing; (b) they don't have 1/100th of the information real front offices have; (iii) the competition level in college is so uneven so as not to be able to make an apples to apples comparison; and (finally) some guys just digress when they get to the pros and some progress. 

2 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

It is true. Peyton would have been a Jet if not for Parcells. Parcells cost us Manning and Bellicheat. He did more harm than good for this franchise.

A little short term success for long term failure. Belichick is the best coach in the history of the NFL. No other coach would have had his success in the salary cap era & free agency. You really can say that Parcells screwed this Jet organization more than he helped it. 

7 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Said by everyone every year since the draft was instituted.  Exactly.

Love how folks are so sure of their convictions when (1) they are just guessing; (b) they don't have 1/100th of the information real front offices have; (iii) the competition level in college is so uneven so as not to be able to make an apples to apples comparison; and (finally) some guys just digress when they get to the pros and some progress. 

Love when folks say folks since it's basically the equivalent of walking around with a bell around your neck. Nobody is unaware of the uncertainty. Some prefer trying to find the edges rather than regarding the whole thing as throwing darts. I can see why you would go the other way.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Love when folks say folks since it's basically the equivalent of walking around with a bell around your neck. Nobody is unaware of the uncertainty. Some prefer trying to find the edges rather than regarding the whole thing as throwing darts. I can see why you would go the other way.

It’s not throwing darts but professionals with more experience and information have better aim than the rest of us just sitting at home guessing. 

Sure we think we can do a better job and once in a while we get one right and we can ALWAYS look at what they did wrong. 

But we can’t do a better job than them. 

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The three best players in this draft are Bosa, Quinnen Williams and Josh Allen.  Jets are going to be in a position to draft one of them

why is this a bad thing?

I suspect they are not sure of Allen.  At east that is what I am starting to hear.  He does not mesure up well against the best OTs in his conference?   Is that possible?

5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

It’s not throwing darts but professionals with more experience and information have better aim than the rest of us just sitting at home guessing. 

Sure we think we can do a better job and once in a while we get one right and we can ALWAYS look at what they did wrong. 

But we can’t do a better job than them. 

Please tell me more about how things work. I'm new.

45 minutes ago, Jetster said:

A little short term success for long term failure. Belichick is the best coach in the history of the NFL. No other coach would have had his success in the salary cap era & free agency. You really can say that Parcells screwed this Jet organization more than he helped it. 

False. Really Belichick is the best coach? Really. Jesus Christ how does anyone actually believe that crap. Brady drags that win column. You could be a good coach with Brady as your QB. Now Parcells was no good to, or just a little. Disagree man absolutely disagree.