Why don’t we want one of the big 3?

Philc1

13 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Why? We got a second for Sheldon two years ago under the same circumstances 

Come on. Leo has not shown the least bit of production that Sheldon did. Further I'm willing to give Leo another look under a DC that actually has had some success in this League. You can't believe that Leo would fetch a 2nd based on his play so far. If you believe that I have a bridge in Brooklyn and waterfront property in Florida I can let you have cheap.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, choon328 said:

What's concerning is his non dominance at a smallish college program. That's the real concern.

If you think non dominance is racking up the most TFL over a three year period at the NG position, then yes, he didn't dominate. I wonder how he ever became a three time first team All American since most of those guys tend to suck. 

Just now, JetFaninMI said:

Come on. Leo has not shown the least bit of production that Sheldon did. Further I'm willing to give Leo another look under a DC that actually has had some success in this League. You can't believe that Leo would fetch a 2nd based on his play so far. If you believe that I have a bridge in Brooklyn and waterfront property in Florida I can let you have cheap in Florida.

Sheldon is better than Leo but Leo can fetch a 2nd round pick he was a top draft pick and is now entering a contract year a team with a crap defensive line would want him

Not when you drafted Sam and then signed Bell. You cannot make those moves and go with the OL we currently have. Sure trading for O was a start but you need a C and having depth in a position like OL has to be the focus. They can trade the pick and still add an EDGE in the first with little problem. That is provided Macc can make a deal.

I wouldn't pass on top tier talent because they don't play offense. I know defense is boring and it's old blah blah but there should be a few good OL prospects available in the 3rd round. Take Q/Allen/Bosa and double down on OL in the 3rd. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

If you think non dominance is racking up the most TFL over a three year period at the NG position, then yes, he didn't dominate. I wonder how he ever became a three time first team All American since most of those guys tend to suck. 

There are many many all American college players that were and are bad in the NFL.

Just now, SR24 said:

I wouldn't pass on top tier talent because they don't play offense. I know defense is boring and it's old blah blah but there should be a few good OL prospects available in the 3rd round. Take Q/Allen/Bosa and double down on OL in the 3rd. 

Not only that our defense was really bad last year despite having the 5th easiest strength of schedule

When Matt Barkley coming off the street can score on the jets defense At will they might need a player 

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Sheldon is better than Leo but Leo can fetch a 2nd round pick he was a top draft pick and is now entering a contract year a team with a crap defensive line would want him

For crying out loud! You just have been harping on the need to draft a DL now you want to trade what you think is a "top draft pick" to a team with a crappy DL? WE HAVE A CRAPPY DL according to you and you want to trade a guy from it and get a 2nd for him? You can't have it both ways guy.

For crying out loud! You just have been harping on the need to draft a DL now you want to trade what you think is a "top draft pick" to a team with a crappy DL? WE HAVE A CRAPPY DL according to you and you want to trade a guy from it and get a 2nd for him? You can't have it both ways guy.

So I shouldn’t want to upgrade over Leo with a generational talent?  

That’s like saying hey the jets should pass on Sam Darnold we still don’t know if Ryan Fitzpatrick can be the guy

Just now, choon328 said:

There are many many all American college players that were and are bad in the NFL.

Dude just stop, you're making yourself look foolish. How many players in college make first team all american every single year they played? That's some rarefied air right there. 

He's also the most decorated player in this draft when it comes to awards. I mean the guy also won the Outland trophy as a true sophomore and you're saying he wasn't dominant. LOL

2 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Who plays CB? There is no depth at the position. You really think in the passing league this has become that now neglecting that position is wise? No. You can still get an EDGE later in the first and then use the acquired picks to address other positions with them.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Well yeah 13, 9 and 10 sacks sucks let’s trade down to get a guard and a couple extra 5th rd picks

Who said anything about trading down? I am talking about staying at #3 and taking an edge guy that is going to have a higher ceiling than Clark. You stated that the Jets hope that Bosa/Allen could become Clark. I would aim higher, somebody who can wreck a game, like Von Miller or Mack. In my humble opinion, that would be either Sweat or Burns.

1 minute ago, RobR said:

Dude just stop, you're making yourself look foolish. How many players in college make first team all american every single year they played? That's some rarefied air right there. 

He's also the most decorated player in this draft when it comes to awards. I mean the guy also won the Outland trophy as a true sophomore and you're saying he wasn't dominant. LOL

It’s stat sheet scouting.   

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

So I shouldn’t want to upgrade over Leo with a generational talent?  

That’s like saying hey the jets should pass on Sam Darnold we still don’t know if Ryan Fitzpatrick can be the guy

NO its not even remotely saying that. You want to trade Leo for a 2nd no one will give you and then draft Q?

image.png.b868050bb7aef45688baeaf137bc469d.png

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

Who said anything about trading down? I am talking about staying at #3 and taking an edge guy that is going to have a higher ceiling than Clark. You stated that the Jets hope that Bosa/Allen could become Clark. I would aim higher, somebody who can wreck a game, like Von Miller or Mack. In my humble opinion, that would be either Sweat or Burns.

I don’t see Bosa or Allen being Von Miller.  But they will both be good

5 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Who plays CB? There is no depth at the position. You really think in the passing league this has become that now neglecting that position is wise? No. You can still get an EDGE later in the first and then use the acquired picks to address other positions with them.

The only way to help our secondary which is mediocre at best is to improve pass rush

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

It’s stat sheet scouting.   

It's even worse, it's delusional. The guy has won every award imaginable at the college level yet he wasn't dominant. Even the people who hate Oliver would admit that he was dominant.

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

Now you're just being stubborn. The NFL is geared towards mobile QB's who can evade the rush. If you can't cover your dead.

Pass rush can nullify even mobile qbs

And it’s the only way to actually beat Tom Brady

Just now, RobR said:

It's even worse, it's delusional. The guy has won every award imaginable at the college level yet he wasn't dominant. Even the people who hate Oliver would admit that he was dominant.

Agreed.  He has hours upon hours of really good tape to back up his metrics.  

6 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

No I think it's outrageously funny that our OL was rated in the top 15 after watching Sam run for his life most of the Season.

He was running for his life because our wide receivers were horrible, injured and never got open so Sam had to hold onto the ball and try to run around and improvise 

Wr was a bigger weakness than OL

3 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I think Gary is going to be red flagged on medicals for a lot lot lot of teams. Shoulder injuries are a really big deal for trench players and it shows up on draft day.

Good point.I was listening to Sirius yesterday and they were saying that Sweat may be ok medically now on many boards. I think he may be 1st edge guy to go off board.

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Good point.I was listening to Sirius yesterday and they were saying that Sweat may be ok medically now on many boards. I think he may be 1st edge guy to go off board.

I have Gary and Hollywood Brown off the board and Sweat on. Simmons is a dogsh*t human so I didn't reach the question of the dogsh*t knee.

• Upvote 1