Raiders love Oliver

16 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Now we know why the rumors of the Jets loving Oliver came out. If you want Oliver you need to get ahead of the Raiders and trade with the Jets.

As a fellow JN mused, the timing of Mayock "sending his scouting team home" was suspiciously close the time the Jets suddenly fell in love with Oliver.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Charity? No. But I rather get a free 3rd pick if possible. Especially if the Jets know who the Raiders are taking at 3 and don't want that player. 

No way in hell do you move back 1 spot and only get a 3rd pick for it. 

If the Raiders want it bad enough make them pay. 

• Upvote 2

Smoke screen, Raiders want J Allen or Bosa take that to the bank!! They do not want Jets to take them or trade out of pick and someone looking to move ahead of them.   They want and need to replace K mack .  What better way then J Allen.    JETS DO NOT FALL INTO THE TRAP TAKE ONE OF THE TOP 3 STUDS!! 

ESPN's Rich Cimini reports Jets GM Mike Maccagnan "really likes" Houston DL Ed Oliver.

The public perception of Oliver's draft stock has been a roller coaster since the season ended, but it now appears as if he could come off the board in the first five picks as many expected four months ago. That said, the Jets have been heavily linked with a trade down, so perhaps they are targeting Oliver later in the top ten. New York is reportedly down on Kentucky OLB Josh Allen, who will likely be the best player available at No. 3.

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

ESPN's Rich Cimini reports Jets GM Mike Maccagnan "really likes" Houston DL Ed Oliver.

The public perception of Oliver's draft stock has been a roller coaster since the season ended, but it now appears as if he could come off the board in the first five picks as many expected four months ago. That said, the Jets have been heavily linked with a trade down, so perhaps they are targeting Oliver later in the top ten. New York is reportedly down on Kentucky OLB Josh Allen, who will likely be the best player available at No. 3.

My suspicion is that if this actually made it to the public domain, it is fake news.  

53 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Need a 2nd or a late 1st to move back 1 spot we aren't a charity team. 

I wish was a qb, not a D tackle.. the giants last yr really could have screwed with Mac, not that would be hard. If they told Mac last min. After mayfield was picked “ give us your first round pick for 19, or we are trading the 2nd pick to someone else “ you think Mac would have called their bluff ? Giants could have recieved a “ truckload “ for that 2nd pick once mayfield was picked. I really wouldn’t have been shocked if Mac gave the giants what they wanted to swap spots..

14 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I wish was a qb, not a D tackle.. the giants last yr really could have screwed with Mac, not that would be hard. If they told Mac last min. After mayfield was picked “ give us your first round pick for 19, or we are trading the 2nd pick to someone else “ you think Mac would have called their bluff ? Giants could have recieved a “ truckload “ for that 2nd pick once mayfield was picked. I really wouldn’t have been shocked if Mac gave the giants what they wanted to swap spots..

Jets lucked out that Barkley was a generational RB. The buzz about Barkley was deafening, Giants couldn't pass him up. Thank god, any other scenario other than that freak of nature & the Jets are watching Sam Darnold as a New York Giant.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Jets lucked out that Barkley was a generational RB. The buzz about Barkley was deafening, Giants couldn't pass him up. Thank god, any other scenario other than that freak of nature & the Jets are watching Sam Darnold as a New York Giant.

So you are saying mac, and/or fans would have been just as happy taking Barkley if giants took darnold, or traded the pick ? You are right about Barkley, but we just bought one of the best RBs in the game, fairly cheap. You can’t just buy the top qb in fa, like you can a rb. Teams do not let them go,RBs shelf-life is less then half a qb. Giants cold have traded back to about 10, received a 2nd and 3rd, and a first and 2nd this yr.. Barkley is amazing, but they had so many holes I’m shocked they didn’t do that.. either way, mac obviously didn’t say “ I”ll take darnold or Barkley and be happy with either.. no way.. He would have been fired if he took Barkley.. I think he knew if he didn’t do everything he could to land darnold after being so close, he would be gone.. it’s one thing if mayfield was there, but I think it would have been a huge letdown to trade up to 3 and only come out with Rosen or Allen.. 

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

or trade with the 49ers to jump ahead of the jets to get him.

The thing is that trade doesn't make any sense. Have the Niners and Raiders ever even made a trade with each other? The Niners just told Oakland to eat sh*t with respect to playing at Levi's too. Unless they're fleecing Gruden it's hard to imagine them doing this, and it's also hard to imagine Gruden giving up everything he just gained on the Mack trade just to replace him with Oliver.