Report: Jets and Giants Could Strike Deal if Murray Falls

JetNation

helmet.jpg

With the NFL draft only a few days away, the rumor mill is running on full speed and this is a big one from Kristian Dyer of The Athletic.

According to Dyer, the Giants have plenty of ammunition to pull of a deal for quarterback Kyler Murray who is said to be no lock to go number one overall to the Arizona Cardinals as previously reported.  With the Raiders and Giants possibly interested, the Giants may look to the Jets to jump ahead of the Raiders.

Source: If the #AZCardinals pass on Kyler Murray, the #Giants could potentially move up in the #NFLDraft. Their trade partner? The #Jets.

Giants have 12 picks & would want to move ahead of the #Raiders to draft Murray. Jets want multiple picks.#GiantsPride #JetsTwitter

— Kristian Dyer (@KristianRDyer) April 22, 2019

As expected, the Jets will want multiple picks from the Giants to make a move, but interest from two clubs in the top 10 looking to leapfrog each other could bode well for Gang Green.

You can follow Kristian Dyer on twitter @KristianRDyer.

The post Report: Jets and Giants Could Strike Deal if Murray Falls appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
zDUIqlEtnbc

Click here to read the full story...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wrote yesterday, the jets would do this in a second.  mccagnan wants more picks and he would love getting an early 2nd and more.  the giants have way more to lose.  if they trade up for a small qb and he does not translate well to the nfl they are royally screwed.  and they will all be saying they should have taken darnold.

14 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

jets and 31 other teams could possible strike a deal at any time! jets may even strike a deal with themselves! 

be sure to credit me when tweeting this amazing news.

I would only trade our #3 for BOTH of our picks in the third round.

Regardless. Jets need Murray on the board at 3 to get the haul needed to move on from #3. Raiders and Giants would be bidding against each other and both have multiple 1sts and high 2nds. Would definitely be interesting  

8 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

A trade like that between the Jets and Giants would cause mass hysteria.

People will be scrambling so hard to pretend they never said it can't happen that some innocent bystanders are going to get trampled.  I hope it happens because I think it's a great trade for the Jets, who will still get a top-5 non-QB.  But I have to admit it will be fun to watch the hysteria.

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

Regardless. Jets need Murray on the board at 3 to get the haul needed to move on from #3. Raiders and Giants would be bidding against each other and both have multiple 1sts and high 2nds. Would definitely be interesting  

I am still dubious it plays out this way for the reason I'll state below, but if it did....having to possibly choose between 4/27 or 6/17 would be a nice problem for Macc to have.  

The reason I am nearly certain the Cards are taking Murray is if there was even a slight change they weren't how could they possibly subject Rosen, their de facto franchise QB (if they don't take Murray) to the embarrassment, uncertainty and negativity he's been subjected to.  I just don't think any team could be dumb enough to knowingly do that to their QB.  I don't think I'd have initially thought Murray made sense for them, but based on where things have gone the last month, I'll go on record that I will be gobsmacked if they pass on Murray Thursday night.

Just now, nycdan said:

I am still dubious it plays out this way for the reason I'll state below, but if it did....having to possibly choose between 4/27 or 6/17 would be a nice problem for Macc to have.  

The reason I am nearly certain the Cards are taking Murray is if there was even a slight change they weren't how could they possibly subject Rosen, their de facto franchise QB (if they don't take Murray) to the embarrassment, uncertainty and negativity he's been subjected to.  I just don't think any team could be dumb enough to knowingly do that to their QB.  I don't think I'd have initially thought Murray made sense for them, but based on where things have gone the last month, I'll go on record that I will be gobsmacked if they pass on Murray Thursday night.

I just don't understand how an organization can trade a 1,3 and a 5 to move up and pick Rosen. Only to use their #1 overall pick next year to draft Kyler Murray because the college coach they hired likes him better for his offense that never won anything. We're all talking about how NYJ needs to trade down when in reality Arizona should be selling #1. 

12 minutes ago, nycdan said:

maybe he's in on the joke?

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Theres a decent chance that Arizona passes on Murray. Doubtful but there’s definitely a chance this happens. All it takes is Arizona’s owner or GM to pump the brakes on Kingsbury.

And if that happens, what is to stop SF from looking to trade with Oak or the Giants? SF can trade with OAK and know that they will end up with whatever star D player is left after the Jets pick. 

Just now, JetFreak89 said:

And if that happens, what is to stop SF from looking to trade with Oak or the Giants? SF can trade with OAK and know that they will end up with whatever star D player is left after the Jets pick. 

THey can. But those teams will be more inclined to trade with us at 3, because the cost will be lower and they know San Fran isn’t take a QB at 2. 

The Cardinals are worse run than the Jets.  Keim is worse than Mac.  When you think it about it, it’s not like Keim, John Lynch and Mac are in their second year.  They have been at it for awhile, and their team’s rosters are awful.   They are the three worst GMs in the NFL.  

I don’t know what to make of this.  Part of me thinks that Keim needs a first rounder for Rosen to trade Rosen to save face. 

35 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I just don't understand how an organization can trade a 1,3 and a 5 to move up and pick Rosen. Only to use their #1 overall pick next year to draft Kyler Murray because the college coach they hired likes him better for his offense that never won anything. We're all talking about how NYJ needs to trade down when in reality Arizona should be selling #1. 

I can't see how they hired Kingsbury without discussing this exact thing.  The fact that they hired him suggests they bought in back then.

27 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

maybe he's in on the joke?

I thought that might be the case earlier in the process but now, I don't see how it was worth it.  Even if they get a haul of picks, do you think Rosen is all hearts and flowers for the team now?  I can't see treating your FQB that way, even to muscle a few draft picks.  Would you have the Jets do that to Sam for extra picks?

1 hour ago, Ohhthepain said:

I've been saying if he slides past the Cardinals our phones gonna be ringing off the hook. Hopefully they pick Bosa

It would be smart for the Cardinals to take Bosa or another talent. The Cards have a ton of holes and they need talent. The only spot that isnt considered a hole would be the QB spot because of Rosen. 

Replacing Rosen with Murray will only fulfill a statement that Kingsbury made about Murray, but that's not how you deal with draft talent. You got Rosen a year ago and put him into an impossible position.

I never liked Rosen but even I can admit that he had no chance last season. The Cards need everything else but a quarterback.

If they drafted Murray I wouldnt be surprised, but I wouldnt consider it a smart move unless they get a 1st round pick for Rosen immediately. 

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

i wrote yesterday, the jets would do this in a second.  mccagnan wants more picks and he would love getting an early 2nd and more.  the giants have way more to lose.  if they trade up for a small qb and he does not translate well to the nfl they are royally screwed.  and they will all be saying they should have taken darnold.

they had a small qb before, tarkenton, and he did pretty well, just not for the giaints.  no comments on the draft.  i just think the jets need some additional quality picks and if they can parlay the 3rd pick into a top 10 plus more then it's worth exploring.

1 hour ago, JetNation said:

helmet.jpg

With the NFL draft only a few days away, the rumor mill is running on full speed and this is a big one from Kristian Dyer of The Athletic.

According to Dyer, the Giants have plenty of ammunition to pull of a deal for quarterback Kyler Murray who is said to be no lock to go number one overall to the Arizona Cardinals as previously reported.  With the Raiders and Giants possibly interested, the Giants may look to the Jets to jump ahead of the Raiders.

Source: If the #AZCardinals pass on Kyler Murray, the #Giants could potentially move up in the #NFLDraft. Their trade partner? The #Jets.

Giants have 12 picks & would want to move ahead of the #Raiders to draft Murray. Jets want multiple picks.#GiantsPride #JetsTwitter

— Kristian Dyer (@KristianRDyer) April 22, 2019

As expected, the Jets will want multiple picks from the Giants to make a move, but interest from two clubs in the top 10 looking to leapfrog each other could bode well for Gang Green.

You can follow Kristian Dyer on twitter @KristianRDyer.

The post Report: Jets and Giants Could Strike Deal if Murray Falls appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

zDUIqlEtnbc

Click here to read the full story...

I dont see the Jets helping the Giants

Archived