SackSeer 2019

CTM

SackSEER is a black box and it didn't get good until they incorporated the Waldo stuff. The only thing I look at in terms of the other variables they consider is PD rate. Spoiler: zombie dragon.

As far as the other pass rushers go, you know what the issue is. They did enough to make Bosa and especially Allen look meh without actually presenting a viable alternative.

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That Bosa writeup is terrifying, and it’s interesting watching the advanced metrics and the alleged rumors of Josh Allen being meh converge. 

Want nothing to do with him but fully expect hes this years Williams/Adam's talking head consensus guy that drops in Macs paunchy lap

Just now, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I'll still take that. I'm trying to figure out what to do if it's Oliver and him gone. That's the overriding question this week.

None of this stuff even incorporates the injury history. His likely potential upside isnt high enough to look the other way on 2 major injuries 

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

None of this stuff even incorporates the injury history. His likely potential upside isnt high enough to look the other way on 2 major injuries 

I understand it can be confusing sometimes with my penchant for hyperbole but this is why I was talking about having to move up to secure Oliver.

23 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I understand it can be confusing sometimes with my penchant for hyperbole but this is why I was talking about having to move up to secure Oliver.

Theres no confusion on my part unless you actuslally do not find Bosa a palatable option at 1.3.

50 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That Bosa writeup is terrifying, and it’s interesting watching the advanced metrics and the alleged rumors of Josh Allen being meh converge. 

I'm hoping Bosa is off the board before we pick and we are able to trade down a few spots to pick up a mid/late first to address the OL. I'd be happy with a Burns/Sweat/Oliver pick over Bosa/Allen with the addition of a top tier C or LT. 

The only way that Nick Bosa ends up a good NFL player is if he drops very far and spends the rest of his career trying to prove everyone wrong and recover the money he and his family lost. 

If he gets picked high and cashes a big check, it is over.  

35 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I'll still take that. I'm trying to figure out what to do if it's Oliver and him gone. That's the overriding question this week.

Then I think you have to sell, no?  Hope someone wants Murray and take the best you can get?

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

That's a little harsh on Allen. They basically just say "he's not Khalil Mack" but he had a good score and they project him as a productive NFL pass rusher. It's just a question of whether you're willing to take a merely Pro Bowl caliber OLB at 3 or if you are hoping for a HoF caliber guy elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

SackSEER is a black box and it didn't get good until they incorporated the Waldo stuff. The only thing I look at in terms of the other variables they consider is PD rate. Spoiler: zombie dragon.

As far as the other pass rushers go, you know what the issue is. They did enough to make Bosa and especially Allen look meh without actually presenting a viable alternative.

I’m going to be f*ching pissed if we don’t come away with at least one zombie dragon in this draft. 

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I really don't know. The closer you look at the way the board falls the worse it gets.

I think at a certain point you just maximize value and improve flexibility next year.  If a team wants to give up another 1, why not?

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I’ve generally thought that while the QB class is uninspiring, someone’s going to want the top choice.

I'm sure you're right. It's just really hard to predict a huge return when the top two guys' start counts are so low. I mean there is a point where the offer isn't good enough to pass on even the admittedly less than ideal choices.

Archived