Jump to content

SackSeer 2019


Recommended Posts

SackSEER is a black box and it didn't get good until they incorporated the Waldo stuff. The only thing I look at in terms of the other variables they consider is PD rate. Spoiler: zombie dragon.

As far as the other pass rushers go, you know what the issue is. They did enough to make Bosa and especially Allen look meh without actually presenting a viable alternative.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That Bosa writeup is terrifying, and it’s interesting watching the advanced metrics and the alleged rumors of Josh Allen being meh converge. 

Want nothing to do with him but fully expect hes this years Williams/Adam's talking head consensus guy that drops in Macs paunchy lap

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I'll still take that. I'm trying to figure out what to do if it's Oliver and him gone. That's the overriding question this week.

None of this stuff even incorporates the injury history. His likely potential upside isnt high enough to look the other way on 2 major injuries 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CTM said:

None of this stuff even incorporates the injury history. His likely potential upside isnt high enough to look the other way on 2 major injuries 

I understand it can be confusing sometimes with my penchant for hyperbole but this is why I was talking about having to move up to secure Oliver.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I understand it can be confusing sometimes with my penchant for hyperbole but this is why I was talking about having to move up to secure Oliver.

Theres no confusion on my part unless you actuslally do not find Bosa a palatable option at 1.3.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That Bosa writeup is terrifying, and it’s interesting watching the advanced metrics and the alleged rumors of Josh Allen being meh converge. 

I'm hoping Bosa is off the board before we pick and we are able to trade down a few spots to pick up a mid/late first to address the OL. I'd be happy with a Burns/Sweat/Oliver pick over Bosa/Allen with the addition of a top tier C or LT. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The only way that Nick Bosa ends up a good NFL player is if he drops very far and spends the rest of his career trying to prove everyone wrong and recover the money he and his family lost. 

If he gets picked high and cashes a big check, it is over.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I'll still take that. I'm trying to figure out what to do if it's Oliver and him gone. That's the overriding question this week.

Then I think you have to sell, no?  Hope someone wants Murray and take the best you can get?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CTM said:

Theres no confusion on my part unless you actuslally do not find Bosa a palatable option at 1.3.

I would say acceptable. I'm sure that at least one of Williams or Allen or trade presents a disaster scenario and I'm equally sure that's going to be the one Maccagnan chooses.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

That Bosa writeup is terrifying, and it’s interesting watching the advanced metrics and the alleged rumors of Josh Allen being meh converge. 

That's a little harsh on Allen. They basically just say "he's not Khalil Mack" but he had a good score and they project him as a productive NFL pass rusher. It's just a question of whether you're willing to take a merely Pro Bowl caliber OLB at 3 or if you are hoping for a HoF caliber guy elsewhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

SackSEER is a black box and it didn't get good until they incorporated the Waldo stuff. The only thing I look at in terms of the other variables they consider is PD rate. Spoiler: zombie dragon.

As far as the other pass rushers go, you know what the issue is. They did enough to make Bosa and especially Allen look meh without actually presenting a viable alternative.

I’m going to be f*ching pissed if we don’t come away with at least one zombie dragon in this draft. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I really don't know. The closer you look at the way the board falls the worse it gets.

I think at a certain point you just maximize value and improve flexibility next year.  If a team wants to give up another 1, why not?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Yeah, if somebody besides Bosa and Oliver is gonna fetch that, then sure.

I’ve generally thought that while the QB class is uninspiring, someone’s going to want the top choice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I’ve generally thought that while the QB class is uninspiring, someone’s going to want the top choice.

I'm sure you're right. It's just really hard to predict a huge return when the top two guys' start counts are so low. I mean there is a point where the offer isn't good enough to pass on even the admittedly less than ideal choices.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...