Draft Speculation, Hopes, & Dreams (MERGED)

Mac does not want to stay at #3.  That's the only thing we know for sure.  I have it on good authority (ok, I dreamed it last night) that Mac has the following options planned:

If Murray goes #1 and; 

• Q. Williams or Ed Oliver goes #2, Mac has a deal in place with the Raiders for #4 and #35 for #3, so Chucky can take Bosa.  The simple equation here is Oliver/Q + OL > Bosa.
  • But wait, there's more!  If that happens and Q or Ed Oliver is still available Mac has a potential deal in place with the Falcons for #14, #45, #79, Isaiah Oliver, CB and a 2020 first round pick for #4 and #105.  Don't discount this possibility.  The Birds are bulking up to make what is possibly the last run they have with Ryan, Jarrett and Julio all on their roster.  He then trades Darren Lee and #93 to the other Birds for #53.  That leaves Mac with #14, #35, #45, #53, #68, and #79.  He trades #35  and a mid-round 2020 for Clark.  We're then looking at a first, two seconds and two thirds with a pass rusher and potential #2 CB already in hand.  Say hello to our new LT, C, WR, OLB and G!  If this happens Mac will be sipping mimosas all day instead of Dunkin' Donuts! 

If Murray doesn't go #1 and;

• If Bosa goes #1 and Allen or Q go #2, then the same trade could happen with Oakland for Chucky and Cheesy to nab Kyler Murray.  Or Mac has a deal in place with the Redskins for #15, #46, #76 and a 2020 first for #3 and #105. 

Trades will happen, early and often.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 3

Mac has a potential deal in place with the Falcons for #14, #45, #79, Isaiah Oliver, CB and a 2020 first round pick

This deal, minus the 2020 first round pick, works out per the trade chart. But the extra 1st rounder (= in points to a 2019 second rounder) puts it way over the top. 

This is a complete pipe dream.

tldr version:

Macc trades #3 for some picks, trades one of those picks for some picks and a player, and then trades a player and a pick for a pick and he uses some picks to trade for different  player. 

With all of the remaining picks, he drafts players we need. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Curious as to what you guys would do if you were GM Thursday. I’d shake this team up. First I’d trade back into 1st round and get at least a 2 and 3 this year and a 2 next year. Not out of the question. Then trade Leo for 2. He’s just not worth the contract he’ll demand. We can get same production off the scrap heap. Cut ties now and get what you can. Next, trade Lee and one of the 3’s to move into 2nd round. Right there we’d have a low 1st, three 2nd rounders, two 3rd rounders. That’s 6 picks to redo the roster. Edge (Burns, Sweat) C (McCoy, Bradbury, or Jenkins), CB (Greedy, Oruwarie, Baker, Layne, Love) OT (Dillard, Little, Risner) WR (Metcalf, M Brown, AJ Brown,  Ridley, Campbell) and another edge (Z Allen, Polite, Ferguson, Winovich) The majority of these guys will be there in rounds 2 & 3.  While it’s not a draft full of spectacular talent, it’s still deep. And we’d still have a few picks left for Macc to screw up.

34 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Mac does not want to stay at #3.  That's the only thing we know for sure.  I have it on good authority (ok, I dreamed it last night) that Mac has the following options planned:

If Murray goes #1 and; 

• Q. Williams or Ed Oliver goes #2, Mac has a deal in place with the Raiders for #4 and #35 for #3, so Chucky can take Bosa.  The simple equation here is Oliver/Q + OL > Bosa.
  • But wait, there's more!  If that happens and Q or Ed Oliver is still available Mac has a potential deal in place with the Falcons for #14, #45, #79, Isaiah Oliver, CB and a 2020 first round pick for #4 and #105.  Don't discount this possibility.  The Birds are bulking up to make what is possibly the last run they have with Ryan, Jarrett and Julio all on their roster.  He then trades Darren Lee and #93 to the other Birds for #53.  That leaves Mac with #14, #35, #45, #53, #68, and #79.  He trades #35  and a mid-round 2020 for Clark.  We're then looking at a first, two seconds and two thirds with a pass rusher and potential #2 CB already in hand.  Say hello to our new LT, C, WR, OLB and G!  If this happens Mac will be sipping mimosas all day instead of Dunkin' Donuts! 

• If Bosa goes #1 and Allen or Q go #2, then the same trade could happen with Oakland for Chucky and Cheesy to nab Kyler Murray.  Or Mac has a deal in place with the Redskins for #15, #46, #76 and a 2020 first for #3 and #105. 

Or... we take Josh Allen at 3, and you can start dreaming about Kate Upton leaving Verlander for a JN poster ( much better dream boop! Trust me.)

41 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

If Murray goes #1 and; 

Love the effort and would be awesome but has as much chance of happening as The Giants winning the Super Bowl in 2019.

39 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

This deal, minus the 2020 first round pick, works out per the trade chart. But the extra 1st rounder (= in points to a 2019 second rounder) puts it way over the top. 

This is a complete pipe dream.

So if we take out the 2020 first round pick is it not a COMPLETE pipe dream?  

• Haha 1

Just now, BettyBoop said:

So if we take out the 2020 first round pick is it not a COMPLETE pipe dream?  

From my personal perspective, I think it's unlikely that the Falcons give up so much for an interior defensive linemen...but the numbers work, so it's not a pipedream. 

4 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

From my personal perspective, I think it's unlikely that the Falcons give up so much for an interior defensive linemen...but the numbers work, so it's not a pipedream. 

If the falcons need DLine so bad offer then Leo for their 2nd

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

If the falcons need DLine so bad offer then Leo for their 2nd

They're only $2mm under the cap right now. I'm sure if they wanted to, they could figure out how to fit Leo's $14mm into the equation, but with Julio Jones wanting a new contract and Grady Jarrett counting for $15mm playing under his Franchise tag, it could be a tough pill to swallow.

20 minutes ago, J_Smith said:

Trade back into the 1st.

take Hockenson or fant in round 1

take center from pick acquired in trade in round 2

take a tackle in round 3 (1st one)

take corner or edge in round 3 (2nd)

then BPA of pass rusher/wr/DT the rest of the way

A TE in the first? You’re fired ? I like the other choices though ?

56 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

If Murray goes #1 and; 

Since we’d be out of the top 6 picks, history suggests Mac would fail gloriously. If that happens, that thing he’d be sucking on would not be mimosas. 

5 minutes ago, CurtMart said:

Since we’d be out of the top 6 picks, history suggests Mac would fail gloriously. If that happens, that thing he’d be sucking on would not be mimosas. 

Can’t see that happening. The talent in this draft is very deep across all positions. Would be hard to F this up with whatever picks we have in first 3 rounds.

5 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

A TE in the first? You’re fired ? I like the other choices though ?

I think they’re the 2 best weapons in the draft. Fant has the ability to split out wide and is a matchup nightmare. Hockenson would allow Gase to utilize Herndon out wide.

Without a top o line, i think our best offense would be owning the middle with Hockenson/Fant, Herndon, and bell. The routes over the middle develop much quicker than the outter ones do

• Upvote 1

Just now, J_Smith said:

I think they’re the 2 best weapons in the draft. Fant has the ability to split out wide and is a matchup nightmare. Hockenson would allow Gase to utilize Herndon out wide.

Without a top o line, i think our best offense would be owning the middle with Hockenson/Fant, Herndon, and bell. The routes over the middle develop much quicker than the outter ones do

We need an edge, C, OT, CB alot more than another TE. But here’s a sleeper for you.

Kahale Warring TE San Diego State

If he pulled off all of the OP’s original scenario netting Clark, the CB, next years 1st and any combo of the other pics, that would have been a very impressive maneuvering with the #3 pick.

I can’t see macc sucking on anything he didn’t want to suck on after that type of a haul.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

If he pulled off all of the OP’s original scenario netting Clark, the CB, next years 1st and any combo of the other pics, that would have been a very impressive maneuvering with the #3 pick.

I can’t see macc sucking on anything he didn’t want to suck on after that type of a haul.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

It’s not the haul. It’s what you do with the haul. So yeah, he might be sucking on something. 

• Upvote 1

I would take Quinen Williams if he's there, but I would not take Bosa or Allen if I could trade back and get  multiple picks that would be fair value.

Getting a edge pass rusher and a center that will both start and excel would be a win for me, and a top offensive tackle or cornerback at the 2nd level would convince me to make the trade.

Boss is a injury risk and Allen's dominance at the pro level is a question mark to me.

2 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

We need an edge, C, OT, CB alot more than another TE. But here’s a sleeper for you.

Kahale Warring TE San Diego State

Yea i have us addressing those in rounds 2 and after, where i think we can find capable starters or contributors.

but if I am gm, I’m getting my quarterback the best weapon in free agency( ✔️) and the draft. Then I’ll trust my scouts to find me the best center/tackle prospects available in rounds 2 and 3 where we should find starters

• Upvote 1