OBJ goes off on Giants

4 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

looks like fans were giving him grief, and he responded, it will be interesting to see how the Browns gel this year - could be fun to watch (as long as they lose week 2)

Those fans deserve some good news for a change (as much as we do)

I might feel the same under different circumstances, but honestly they have put together one of the most unlikable rosters imaginable.  I think there's a good chance that will come to be their undoing.

• Upvote 1

I mentioned in the GM thread that Gettleman was worse than Mac and some were confused by my take.

Pandering to this idiot then signing him to a monster deal (in the first place) then trading him away almost immediately, not getting ANYTHING for Landon Collins, letting go of Snacks for nothing, including Olivier in the trade, NOT picking Sam last year, sticking with Eli way too long, the list goes on and on.

He's awful and has no plan.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Gettleman is a f*cking dunce.

If Beckham was causing such a disturbance in the locker room and wrecking the culture, then why the hell did you give him a massive extension in the first place?

The Mara’s did as he was good for the box office. They had no choice but to trade him though, I mean enough is enough eventually in a team sport. I don’t think he lasts more than a year in Cleveland. These tweets are a disaster. 

Beckham didn’t mention any teammates specifically and did a good job of not discussing specifics of the locker room. He didn’t do anything more than what Gettleman did when he side swiped Beckham at a press conference.

Gettleman can talk sh*t at his press conference but Beckham can’t use his platform?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

The Mara’s did as he was good for the box office. They had no choice but to trade him though, I mean enough is enough eventually in a team sport. I don’t think he lasts more than a year in Cleveland. These tweets are a disaster. 

Giant fans care about winning and they weren't doing that.  I doubt Beckham had much of an effect on attendance.

He is a passionate player who hated losing which was why he hated playing with Eli.  He thought Eli would be gone after last year but when he realized he could be back for years he shot his way out.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Giant fans care about winning and they weren't doing that.  I doubt Beckham had much of an effect on attendance.

He is a passionate player who hated losing which was why he hated playing with Eli.  He thought Eli would be gone after last year but when he realized he could be back for years he shot his way out.

Hated losing so much he was sitting out games with a bruise and not drinking water. Spare me. He’s going to be a total nightmare in cleveland and it’s going to be glorious to watch the media continue to run interference for this guy while the Browns just end up doing what the Browns do. Lose.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I might feel the same under different circumstances, but honestly they have put together one of the most unlikable rosters imaginable.  I think there's a good chance that will come to be their undoing.

That combined with the novice head coach keeping order in that locker room. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Giants fans care about pretending to be first class and self importance.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

They’re all idiots 

Beckham had already been a problem long before last season. Yet these goofs thought that would suddenly change once they handed him $18 million a year?

The Giants are going to be awful for the foreseeable future. And I’m really going to laugh my balls off if this OBJ situation completely blows up in Cleveland’s face. Both Beckham and Landry have been headache’s in the past over not getting the ball enough. Having 3 massive ego’s on offense being controlled by a rookie HC who was a career RB’s/TE’s coach prior to October has the potential to be a massive clusterf*ck.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Untouchable said:

They’re all idiots 

Beckham had already been a problem long before last season. Yet these goofs thought that would suddenly change once they handed him $18 million a year?

The Giants are going to be awful for the foreseeable future. And I’m really going to laugh my balls off if this OBJ situation completely blows up in Cleveland’s face. Both Beckham and Landry have been headache’s in the past over not getting the ball enough. Having 3 massive ego’s on offense being controlled by a rookie HC who was a career RB’s/TE’s coach prior to October has the potential to be a massive clusterf*ck.

No argument there.

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

this right here.  giants fans think the giants are the Yankees.  They sure as hell are not!!!  When was the last time the Yanks had losing records 5 of the last 6 seasons?  giants kept this moron around for YEARS after he assaulted another man on the field.  takes a pi$$ in the endzone, blah blah blah.  he would have been gone the NEXT DAY if he was on the Yanks.

I was actually not happy they traded him because he made that franchise look like the bunch of morons they are!  they were never going to win anything with that jerk on their team, and now....I'm nervous....

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Hated losing so much he was sitting out games with a bruise and not drinking water. Spare me. He’s going to be a total nightmare in cleveland and it’s going to be glorious to watch the media continue to run interference for this guy while the Browns just end up doing what the Browns do. Lose.

I love Beckham as a player but I kinda agree with this. It’s just too much to deal with, especially if you’re not competing for titles. There’s a lot of Allen Iverson to Beckham. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think the caveat with this is that Beckham and Mayfield, while dicks, are obsessed with winning games. You can manage that kind of crazy. 

Yeah, until the losing starts.  They'll both throw their little tantrums and blame everyone else for it the moment things take a turn for the worse, and it will all spiral out of control from there.  With extraordinarily few exceptions, even the best of teams typically have to fight their way through some bad moments each season, and I think that's one area that is extraordinarily questionable if the Browns will be capable of handling, from the roster through to the coaching staff.  We all had a front row seat of how it worked out for the Jets when they kept doubling-down on douchebags following their 2009/2010 (relative) success.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, until the losing starts.  They'll both throw their little tantrums and blame everyone else for it the moment things take a turn for the worse, and it will all spiral out of control from there.  With extraordinarily few exceptions, even the best of teams typically have to fight their way through some bad moments each season, and I think that's one area that is extraordinarily questionable if the Browns will be capable of handling, from the roster through to the coaching staff.  We all had a front row seat of how it worked out for the Jets when they kept doubling-down on douchebags following their 2009/2010 (relative) success.

But, see, the 09-10 Jets were filled with sociopathic douchebags that didn’t care about winning games. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yes but Odell and Mayfield are really talented.

I think Baker is the goods and can probably compensate for a lot of the nonsense...but Odell wants his 10+ targets regardless. Mayfield seems to be at his best spreading it around. Beckham also drops a lot of passes. It wasn’t a overly necessary trade for the Browns.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I love Beckham as a player but I kinda agree with this. It’s just too much to deal with, especially if you’re not competing for titles. There’s a lot of Allen Iverson to Beckham. 

You’re basing this on nothing but they’re both black and eccentric. There’s zero Iverson in Beckham. Iverson was real as hell because of an unbelievably ****ed up past, essentially the Nate Diaz of basketball. Beckham’s a prep school kid of privilege whose attitude is based on being an Instagram influencer. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

That too.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

And have 1 winning season in the NFL between the 2 of them...

Cleveland won 7 games last year with Baker.  They were 0-1-2 and on their way to 0-2-1 before he came in against us and led them to the win.  In the previous 3 seasons combined they won a grand total of 4 games.

Beckham had almost 1400 yds and 10 TDs his lone winning season.  He carried an awful QB, one that led that offense to just 17 PPG.  Can you imagine what this guy will do with a good QB?