OBJ goes off on Giants

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Post-2002 he certainly was, regardless of whether we want to blame it on injuries, especially relative to the credit some try give for team success that was in spite of him.  But I know from past experience, that is a verrrrry long argument of its own, so we'll just leave it at that.

Regardless of that difference in opinions however, I'm sure you'd agree attempting to prop up the greatness of Pennington in the same breath as trashing a list of HOFers is a mind-numbingly stupid position to take (obviously not the one you are taking).

yes, I am not "propping up his greatness", but isn't there some middle ground between Greatness and Crappiness??  I mean EVERY year that guy was healthy, Jets went to the playoffs!  I can't say that for any other Jets QB in my lifetime.

21 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

Pennington a crappy hack???  Listen I'm not getting involved in your guys' war here, but that's just wrong!!!

Couldn't beat a good defense to save his life.  He was a weaker-armed Kirk Cousins.  Pennington had one magical season, and one that ended with a blowout loss to the Raiders in the playoffs at that, and lived off of that for basically the rest of the decade with 2 different franchises.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Taylor didn't take anyone to the playoffs, he was terrible in 2017.  Buffalo won when their D played great and scored.  In the bills lone playoff game his D only allowed 10 points and lost as tyrod led his O to 3.  The next week that same D allowed 42 points.

They difference in the browns the instant Mayfield checked in was incredible.  We would have beat Cleveland by 20+ had Taylor stayed in.

This is true. Mayfield did make a difference when it came to running that offense once he got in the groove of things. The Browns were on the verge of getting blown out in that game before Tyrod's injury.

I also agree with your Tyrod and Bills position, as it is clear that the QB to take the Bills to the playoffs was not Tyrod Taylor, but Andy Dalton. The Bills made the playoffs while in the lockerroom watching Andy Dalton get them that backdoor playoff opportunity.

Matter of fact, Bills fans were so thankful for Daltons performance, that they collectively donated almost half a million dollars to Dalton's foundation. Not to Tyrod's foundation, Dalton's foundation.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24394817/andy-dalton-wife-thank-bills-fans-charity-money-donating-buffalo-hospital

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This is true. Mayfield did make a difference when it came to running that offense once he got in the groove of things. The Browns were on the verge of getting blown out in that game before Tyrod's injury.

I also agree with your Tyrod and Bills position, as it is clear that the QB to take the Bills to the playoffs was not Tyrod Taylor, but Andy Dalton. The Bills made the playoffs while in the lockerroom watching Andy Dalton get them that backdoor playoff opportunity.

Matter of fact, Bills fans were so thankful for Daltons performance, that they collectively donated almost half a million dollars to Dalton's foundation. Not to Tyrod's foundation, Dalton's foundation.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24394817/andy-dalton-wife-thank-bills-fans-charity-money-donating-buffalo-hospital

Ladies and gentleman, it's happened.  The 2 QB whispers have joined forces to rewrite history.

Despite, Tyrod Taylor QB'ing the Bills to the playoffs after a 20 year drought.  We have now learned, it was actually Andy Dalton, the QB of the Bengals who played all those games for the Bills and not Tyrod Taylor.  Which is incredible when you think about it.  He's a ginger and Tyrod is black.  How he fooled the entire team is one of the best stories in NFL history.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

You constantly make an endless list of excuses for crappy hacks who dragged their teams down (Sanchez, Pennington) while repeatedly trashing current and future HOFers who got their teams rings (Namath, Peyton, Eli, Favre).

First off, Eli is not a future HOFer.  I speak honestly about all QBs.  Only a Jet fan can praise Brett favre who sabotaged a great SB chance and bash mark Sanchez who helped us get close to a SB.

58 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yet you think Sanchez was good and still think he was good.  Are you finally willing to admit Sanchez sucks and always did suck?  Because he was worse than Tyrod Taylor, who you say sucks. 

Sanchez was a lot better than Taylor and did much more during our 2010 run than Taylor ever did in 2017 for Buffalo.  Mark was a good QB his first few years, he was good the one year in Philly.  The rest of the time he wasn't good but show me a QB who could succeed with the 2012 Jets?

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

First off, Eli is not a future HOFer.  I speak honestly about all QBs.  Only a Jet fan can praise Brett favre who sabotaged a great SB chance and bash mark Sanchez who helped us get close to a SB.

But I thought Sanchez was just along for the ride, like Tyrod?

Sanchez was a lot better than Taylor and did much more during our 2010 run than Taylor ever did in 2017 for Buffalo.  Mark was a good QB his first few years, he was good the one year in Philly.  The rest of the time he wasn't good but show me a QB who could succeed with the 2012 Jets?

Did Taylor ever have a game where his team rushed for over 200 yards and still lost because he threw 5 INT's?

That was the real Mark Sanchez.  The one you love. 

• Upvote 1

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Couldn't beat a good defense to save his life.  He was a weaker-armed Kirk Cousins.  Pennington had one magical season, and one that ended with a blowout loss to the Raiders in the playoffs at that, and lived off of that for basically the rest of the decade with 2 different franchises.

So when he went into new England and whipped the pats and belichick in week 16 of 2002 that wasn't a good D? The 02 Packers who were 12-3 and playing for homefield didn't have a good D?  I can go on but you don't make the playoffs as often as he did without beating some good defenses.

By the way, after the one magical season in 2002 he got hurt and missed almost half of 2003, in 2004 he was over if 2 missed FGs away from the AFC championship game, in an 2006 coming back after TWO rotator cuff surgeries he led us back to the playoffs after missing most of 2003 as we went 4-12, in 2008 he took a 1 win team and won 11 along with the division title while the great Brett favre could only win 9 with a more talented roster for us.

So when he went into new England and whipped the pats and belichick in week 16 of 2002 that wasn't a good D? The 02 Packers who were 12-3 and playing for homefield didn't have a good D?  I can go on but you don't make the playoffs as often as he did without beating some good defenses.

No.  Those weren't good defenses.  They were about average defenses.

The Packers were 12th in points allowed per game that year.  The Patriots were 17th. 

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But I thought Sanchez was just along for the ride, like Tyrod?

The D led the way but Sanchez was very important to the runs.  In 2009 he was more along for the ride as a rookie, in year 2 he and the pass O won a lot of games for us.

This is why we have the worst fanbase in sports.  We will worship a guy like favre who never wanted to be here who destroyed a great season and bash a guy like mark who helped us win.

Who worships Favre?

You're getting awfully defensive about a football player who no longer plays for the Jets, and hasn't for over 5 years.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Regardless of whether or not you think he deserves it, he absolutely will be.

You have to be an all time great to make the hall, Eli is not an all time great.  He's a compiler who will be under .500 as a starter by the end of this season

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Did Taylor ever have a game where his team rushed for over 200 yards and still lost because he threw 5 INT's?

That was the real Mark Sanchez.  The one you love. 

He was a rookie, Taylor wasn't good enough to play as a rookie.

Did Taylor ever throw a TD pass in the playoffs? Ever win a playoff game? Ever lead good O to a TD in a playoff game?  Mark once threw 3 TDs and led his O to 28 points on the road audit a 14-2 Patriots team, by the way that was the last time the pats didn't at least make the AFC championship game thanks to Mark and the Jets.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Raiders sure stopped him.  And every good defense for the rest of his paltry, sad career.

The raiders did stop him and stopped our O, the raiders were really good.  The Jets still scored 10 pts, 7 more than tyrod against Jax.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Who worships Favre?

You're getting awfully defensive about a football player who no longer plays for the Jets, and hasn't for over 5 years.

Jet fans on this site always talk glowingly of favre and will bash chad, Vinny, Sanchez,...

21 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Jet fans on this site always talk glowingly of favre and will bash chad, Vinny, Sanchez,...

lol what are you talking about?   I can't remember the last time Vinny was bashed.  Favre was transcendent for 11 games so of course people will speak glowingly of that.  But no one forgets him trying to play through a bicep tear when he should have been shut down (or shut himself down). 

Sanchez gets bashed because he was terrible.  Chad Pennington gets bashed because he wasn't very good and was also a huge prick. 

Only through your eyes do you see Sanchez and Pennington as victims.  The two of them each banked nearly $100M playing a game for a living.  There's no reason for the sympathy. 

• Upvote 1

Junc science

Troller extraordinaire.

Hijacking another thread with his silly Favre Chad Eli B/S while simultaneously humming Mark Sanchez.

I honestly cant believe the number of experienced posters he reels in.

Oh and yes. We knew it was only a matter of time before OBJ started up his mouth again.

He is so not worth it. Giants were smart to show him the door.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Junc science

Troller extraordinaire.

Hijacking another thread with his silly Favre Chad Eli B/S while simultaneously humming Mark Sanchez.

I honestly cant believe the number of experienced posters he reels in.

Oh and yes. We knew it was only a matter of time before OBJ started up his mouth again.

He is so not worth it. Giants were smart to show him the door.

Too be fair, the Giants paid OBJ to see that door and then they traded him to a better team. OBJ kinda won that. 

Im not one for the social media rants, you may be the same, but fans who get all caught up criticizing players on those rants usually follow those players on social media.

We see it all the time here. Mods just had to close a thread given the typical direction it was going because of some tweets from Robby Anderson.  And remember the Calvin Pryor threads? Fans literally follow these guys and track everything they say, then turn around and talk about their mouth.

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol what are you talking about?   I can't remember the last time Vinny was bashed.  Favre was transcendent for 11 games so of course people will speak glowingly of that.  But no one forgets him trying to play through a bicep tear when he should have been shut down (or shut himself down). 

Sanchez gets bashed because he was terrible.  Chad Pennington gets bashed because he wasn't very good and was also a huge prick. 

Only through your eyes do you see Sanchez and Pennington as victims.  The two of them each banked nearly $100M playing a game for a living.  There's no reason for the sympathy. 

You remember incorrectly, favre was mostly mediocre that season, we had a great record because the sched was so weak.  

Sympathy?  I just appreciate those that helped my team win, 2 guys who were here a while who loved being Jets.  You are making excuses for a guy that threw away a great season and never wanted to be here.  He couldn't get out of here fast enough after that season.

Jet fans?‍♂️

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

You remember incorrectly, favre was mostly mediocre that season, we had a great record because the sched was so weak.  

Sympathy?  I just appreciate those that helped my team win, 2 guys who were here a while who loved being Jets.  You are making excuses for a guy that threw away a great season and never wanted to be here.  He couldn't get out of here fast enough after that season.

Jet fans?‍♂️

True. I remember Favre nose diving peformance wise and still making the pro bowl. I sat there and knew that the only reason why a guy who threw 22 TD's and 22 INT's in the same season made the pro bowl is because he's Brett Favre. 

I remember waking up and hearing the news that the Jets traded for Favre. I litearlly called out of work that day. But the bottomline is he got with the Jets organization late, so when he began they couldnt throw the entire playbook at him and he was limited to safe throws. You can tell that from the first couple games, but then he had that 6TD game against the Cards and I know for sure all of us Jets fans knew that 2008 was our SB year. After that game he took a nose dive, and I think it was the Oakland game where he hurt his arm. 

It was a mediocre season, and the pro bowl selection was purely by name and not performance. It also rubbed me the wrong way how he basically whined like a bitch because he was a Jet and it was clear that he was just simply trying to get through the year in order to become a Viking the next year. 

I've always liked Favre, but I didnt like how he treated this Jets team like garbage. He didnt give a rats ass about this team or it's fans.