OBJ goes off on Giants

jetstream23

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Gettleman is a f*cking dunce.

If Beckham was causing such a disturbance in the locker room and wrecking the culture, then why the hell did you give him a massive extension in the first place?

Because now they're getting 1st and 3rd round picks for him?

6 hours ago, JiF said:

OMG - I want nothing but doom and gloom for the Browns.  I hope this toxicity is so high you can see the explosion from miles away.  

My biggest wish; is OBJ treats Mayfield's jaw the way IK treated Geno's.  

Mayfield may be another one that losses his cool if there’s fire in the locker room. That team could turn toxic real fast 

7 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Because now they're getting 1st and 3rd round picks for him?

I’m supposed to believe they wouldn’t have gotten just as much, if not more, if they would’ve traded him last offseason?

Before he had yet another year of acting like a dickbag and getting injured? And was a year younger to boot?

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Such an amazing team player.

Also comical seeing Kitchens basically going out of his way to say that he isn't going to criticize Beckham simply because he's not allowed to.  A bit cringe-worthy when feeling the need to repeat it's voluntary and not mandatory 5 times in response to a single question.  Sounds like they're off to a great start.

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

Such an amazing team player.

Also comical seeing Kitchens basically going out of his way to say that he isn't going to criticize Beckham simply because he's not allowed to.  A bit cringe-worthy when feeling the need to repeat it's voluntary and not mandatory 5 times in response to a single question.  Sounds like they're off to a great start.

Exactly. I wrote this in the John Dorsey thread last month and thought it would take at least a few months into the season to start to become a thing, but it's already starting:

On 3/13/2019 at 6:46 AM, greenwichjetfan said:

Kitchens hasnt proven anything in the league other than calling plays for 8 games. Being a HC is very different from an OC, and while the talent on the Browns is unreal and undeniable, his main job will be to manage the egos and operations of the team. Coming out publicly last year and stating two different times that he has no problem with the way Baker behaves is a recipe for disaster. If he lets Baker do what he wants, he has to let everyone else, and that’s going to be an issue long term. 

20 hours ago, nyjunc said:

You remember incorrectly, favre was mostly mediocre that season, we had a great record because the sched was so weak.  

Sympathy?  I just appreciate those that helped my team win, 2 guys who were here a while who loved being Jets.  You are making excuses for a guy that threw away a great season and never wanted to be here.  He couldn't get out of here fast enough after that season.

Jet fans?‍♂️

Through Week 11, we had the # 1 offense in the entire NFL with Favre at QB, and were in first place in the AFC.

Nice try though. 

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Through Week 11, we had the # 1 offense in the entire NFL with Favre at QB, and were in first place in the AFC.

Nice try though. 

We were in first, not sure if we had the #1 O but that's irrelevant.  We had 2 huge scoring games that skewed rankings.  49 vs Ari (Ari became to NE 3 times that year and their D allowed 49 to us, 48 to Philly and 47 to NE) and 40 vs SL.

In that run:

Scored 20 to beat Miami with a hail Mary on 4th and 13 from Miami 22 and a last second revis int in the ez to win.

Scored 10 vs NE, the same week he was on the phone giving friends on the Lions tips on beating the Packers.

At SD threw 2 huge TDs after the Jets were down 38-14 in a blowout loss. In that game he was given a 7-0 lead on an int return. After doing nothing on O and going down 17-7 Leon Washington returned KO to SD 3 where favre led an impressive 3 yd TD drive.  Man this offense really clicked with him!

Against awful Cincy team, didn't put the game away until final minutes on a drive that began at the cin 41.

In 5 qtrs at awful Oakland led our O to 13 points.  Our lone TD drive was an impressive 87 yards, he threw for 11 yds on the drive, we ran the other 76.

Vs awful KC, threw late int to put KC up.  To his credit he led GW TD drive but that game shouldn't have been close.

After that KC game he had his only good stretch of football the entire season .  In that stretch he threw 5 TDs and 2 INTs.

After the Ten game the weather turned cold and favre checked out.

In those first 11 games that averaged 26 PPG on O which is good but not spectacular.  It's less impressive when you realize he led O to 15 garbage time points at SD, and had 2 40+ pt games which had a lot of garbage time points.

He was mediocre most of that season outside of a 3-4 game stretch meanwhile the guy we cut for him was leading a team that had 1 win the year before to 11 wins and a division title.

23 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Jet fans on this site always talk glowingly of favre and will bash chad, Vinny, Sanchez,...

You have made two good points.  Some of the rest are convoluted and erroneous.

1]  There are no bright spots to be remembered from Brett Farve's tenure as a New York Jet.  He did sabotage our season, was an a$$hole, and a sexual harasser, to boot.

2]  Mark Sanchez for all of his warts, was a better quarterback than Tyrod Taylor.  He did "lead" us in those two seasons, and was effective in the playoff wins.  As limited as he was, and despite the balance of his Jets, and NFL career, he does deserve credit for that. 

One other point, unrelated to this one, but about the original premise of this thread.  Odell Beckham Jr. is a selfish, childish, cancer, who is more interested in himself than "winning".  His desire to win is lip service that he constantly trots out as the cover all excuse for his boorish behavior.  If he truly cared about winning, he would go about his business in a way that is conducive to that result, instead of constantly acting like an entitled, spoiled six year old antisocial malcontent.  He will never be a "winner".  If he is on a team that happens to win it will be in spite of him, not because of him.  He leads no one, and he never will.

You have made two good points.  Some of the rest are convoluted and erroneous.
1]  There are no bright spots to be remembered from Brett Farve's tenure as a New York Jet.  He did sabotage our season, was an a$$hole, and a sexual harasser, to boot.
2]  Mark Sanchez for all of his warts, was a better quarterback than Tyrod Taylor.  He did "lead" us in those two seasons, and was effective in the playoff wins.  As limited as he was, and despite the balance of his Jets, and NFL career, he does deserve credit for that. 
One other point, unrelated to this one, but about the original premise of this thread.  Odell Beckham Jr. is a selfish, childish, cancer, who is more interested in himself than "winning".  His desire to win is lip service that he constantly trots out as the cover all excuse for his boorish behavior.  If he truly cared about winning, he would go about his business in a way that is conducive to that result, instead of constantly acting like an entitled, spoiled six year old antisocial malcontent.  He will never be a "winner".  If he is on a team that happens to win it will be in spite of him, not because of him.  He leads no one, and he never will.

None of his teammates have said anything of the sort about Beckham, but you all believe everything the dumb ass media feeds you.

It’s interesting the players that are said to be cancers meanwhile real cancers like Roesthlisberger aren’t criticized. Wonder why that is

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

We were in first, not sure if we had the #1 O but that's irrelevant.  We had 2 huge scoring games that skewed rankings.  49 vs Ari (Ari became to NE 3 times that year and their D allowed 49 to us, 48 to Philly and 47 to NE) and 40 vs SL.

In that run:

Scored 20 to beat Miami with a hail Mary on 4th and 13 from Miami 22 and a last second revis int in the ez to win.

Scored 10 vs NE, the same week he was on the phone giving friends on the Lions tips on beating the Packers.

At SD threw 2 huge TDs after the Jets were down 38-14 in a blowout loss. In that game he was given a 7-0 lead on an int return. After doing nothing on O and going down 17-7 Leon Washington returned KO to SD 3 where favre led an impressive 3 yd TD drive.  Man this offense really clicked with him!

Against awful Cincy team, didn't put the game away until final minutes on a drive that began at the cin 41.

In 5 qtrs at awful Oakland led our O to 13 points.  Our lone TD drive was an impressive 87 yards, he threw for 11 yds on the drive, we ran the other 76.

Vs awful KC, threw late int to put KC up.  To his credit he led GW TD drive but that game shouldn't have been close.

After that KC game he had his only good stretch of football the entire season .  In that stretch he threw 5 TDs and 2 INTs.

After the Ten game the weather turned cold and favre checked out.

In those first 11 games that averaged 26 PPG on O which is good but not spectacular.  It's less impressive when you realize he led O to 15 garbage time points at SD, and had 2 40+ pt games which had a lot of garbage time points.

He was mediocre most of that season outside of a 3-4 game stretch meanwhile the guy we cut for him was leading a team that had 1 win the year before to 11 wins and a division title.

For f*cks sake. 

Just admit you were wrong about something and move on. 

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For f*cks sake. 

Just admit you were wrong about something and move on. 

I watched every play of that season, I'm not wrong.  You can pretend all you want, the man made his career being the iron Man.  He doesn't get an injury excuse.  He never wanted to be here and played like it the majority of that season.  As soon as it got cold he completely checked out but please let's annoint this man for helping us get to 9-7 against the weakest sched we've ever had and missing the playoffs while bashing guys that actually helped us win.

11 minutes ago, DLJ said:

None of his teammates have said anything of the sort about Beckham, but you all believe everything the dumb ass media feeds you.

It’s interesting the players that are said to be cancers meanwhile real cancers like Roesthlisberger aren’t criticized. Wonder why that is emoji849.png

Just because none of his teammates have decided to throw him under the bus, doesn't make him a winner or a great teammate.  Do you really believe that Eli Manning or Saquon Barkley would consider him to be a good teammate? 

Did the media create the litany of bizarre behavior displayed on a consistent basis by OBJ over the course of his career?  Much of his borderline judgement and ridiculous activities were posted by the schmuck himself.

I'm not interested in, or swayed by, what the media "feeds" me.  I make my own judgements, based on what I observe and know to be true.  His endzone spectacle I observed.  His on-field tantrums, I observed.  His hotel room "posting"  I observed. His antics with Jalen Ramsey and the Jaguars, I observed.  His internet ravings and rantings I read.  What I believe about Odell Beckham Junior is based on all of this, and more.  I don't like the media any more than you do.  This is not on them.  It's on him.  Stop making excuses.

I don't know why you mention Ben Rapelisberger.  I hate him.  I would be the last person to ever defend anything about him.  As far as I'm concerned, he belongs in jail. 

Oh boy, here we go again with the junc having no grasp at all how statistics actually work, or what any of them even mean.  Randomly pointing to things he claims support his fabrications, despite the fact that they never do, and regularly contradicting himself along the way.  When you have to not only cherry-pick stats, but then immediately make excuses for why those cherry-picked stats mean something different than they show, strictly because you want them to, you are already wrong every time.  Especially when you go right into making an argument fully dependent on the things you just finished saying don't count or, better yet, never even happened but you simply claim would have.

The fact that we have to listen to junc ranting on things that have absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread proves it all rather definitively.  Beckham being an incessantly whiny psychopath is somehow all Eli's fault, despite the fact that such an argument is immeasurably idiotic in every single form, other than junc clearly having a personal grudge with the Manning family.  Then we get to hear him carry on for the 5000th time about other players who have nothing to do with any of this, using arguments that have been repeatedly objectively proven to be factually incorrect, simply to remind us his general lack of understanding of basic logic, statistics, and you know... words, especially when it comes to the QB position.

14 hours ago, DLJ said:

Gettleman is a complete dick who took an unprofessional and gratuitous shot at his former player in a presser but Beckham is the cancer who ‘ can barely speak English’

K...

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Players are always "at fault" with fans...to a fault. 

Folks are already concluding that OBJ is undermining Cleveland because he's not showing up for Voluntary workouts, yet no one has said a word about a guy who held out an entire year in Pittsburgh because he wanted a new contract, Is a no show for the Jets workouts after the Jets gave him the contract he wanted from the Steelers. 

They are both non-stories, but it's OBJ and is an easy target. Seen the same thing with AB, even though AB was acting like an ass, how many folks took offense to the GM of the Steelers publicly  saying that "We have 52 kids and Ben Roethlisberger"? No one.

Its ridiculous. 

I wouldnt be surprised if Steelers fans are on their forums talking about how Selfish Bell is for not showing up to camp while Jets fans barely care. It's all based on whatever particular agenda a fanbase is trying to push.

On 4/23/2019 at 11:11 AM, nyjunc said:

That too.

Cleveland won 7 games last year with Baker.  They were 0-1-2 and on their way to 0-2-1 before he came in against us and led them to the win.  In the previous 3 seasons combined they won a grand total of 4 games.

Beckham had almost 1400 yds and 10 TDs his lone winning season.  He carried an awful QB, one that led that offense to just 17 PPG.  Can you imagine what this guy will do with a good QB?

Big stats from one player can be a product of a bad team. Doesn't just translate over automatically

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Players are always "at fault" with fans...to a fault. 

Folks are already concluding that OBJ is undermining Cleveland because he's not showing up for Voluntary workouts, yet no one has said a word about a guy who held out an entire year in Pittsburgh because he wanted a new contract, Is a no show for the Jets workouts after the Jets gave him the contract he wanted from the Steelers. 

They are both non-stories, but it's OBJ and is an easy target. Seen the same thing with AB, even though AB was acting like an ass, how many folks took offense to the GM of the Steelers publicly  saying that "We have 52 kids and Ben Roethlisberger"? No one.

Its ridiculous. 

I wouldnt be surprised if Steelers fans are on their forums talking about how Selfish Bell is for not showing up to camp while Jets fans barely care. It's all based on whatever particular agenda a fanbase is trying to push.

Except for Beckham's nonsense does not live in a vacuum, as much as you want to pretend it does in order to help support your blind love for the Brown-eyes.  Rather, he has a history that has spanned his entire career of being a problem, and this is just piling more evidence on top of it all, showing nothing has changed.  No one is celebrating Bell's no-show, but he's also not spending that time to throw his 50th different child-like temper tantrum, as Beckham is.  He also doesn't have his head coach going on a cringe-worthy repetition of saying 5 times in an answer to one question that the league dictates it's voluntary, not mandatory.

Your last statement is certainly true though, and you are notoriously one of the most guilty of it, which is exactly what you are doing here, so get over it.

11 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Except for Beckham's nonsense does not live in a vacuum, as much as you want to pretend it does in order to help support your blind love for the Brown-eyes. 

I doesnt live in a vacuum, it lives on social media, where fans go to follow and hang on every word then come back to fan forums to criticize every word they said.

I didnt have to read pass this first sentence given that it concludes with contradiction. 

Wasnt there a bunch of nonsense with Leveon Bell and isnt he NOT at voluntary workouts??? The fact that I didnt make that a big deal, does that make me a guy who has blind love Bell? More telling, does that make YOU a guy who has blind love for Bell but will criticize someone else who's done similar? 

I dont see any thread talking about how Bell held interviews AFTER signing with the Jets criticizing his old team, QB and coach, and then doesnt show up to voluntary workouts. 

Like I said, agenda. Everything else said was to support what is clearly an agenda. How about making that Leveon Bell thread Jets fan. 

36 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I doesnt live in a vacuum, it lives on social media, where fans go to follow and hang on every word then come back to fan forums to criticize every word they said.

I didnt have to read pass this first sentence given that it concludes with contradiction. 

Wasnt there a bunch of nonsense with Leveon Bell and isnt he NOT at voluntary workouts??? The fact that I didnt make that a big deal, does that make me a guy who has blind love Bell? More telling, does that make YOU a guy who has blind love for Bell but will criticize someone else who's done similar? 

I dont see any thread talking about how Bell held interviews AFTER signing with the Jets criticizing his old team, QB and coach, and then doesnt show up to voluntary workouts. 

Like I said, agenda. Everything else said was to support what is clearly an agenda. How about making that Leveon Bell thread Jets fan. 

You're throwing a fit because the single player who is notorious for being the most bat-sh*t crazy in the entire NFL is getting criticized for continuing his endless nonsense with his new team before he's done a single thing for them.  Convenient that you're running away from the starting point of this thread, which was his little hissy fit about the Giants, and trying to take one point of many criticisms completely out of context in an attempt to justify your blind love for the league's biggest douchebag, to help support your most pitiful excuse for fandom.

Go throw your little temper tantrum about Bell in another thread if you like.  This is about Beckham and one has literally nothing to do with the other.  Your endless list of excuses does nothing but prove yourself to be monstrously hypocritical in every single word you say.

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Actually, I dont really care about what OBJ (Or Bell for that matter) says on social media. 

If anything, im one of the few NOT throwing a fit. 

You guys are all over the place. Enjoy the draft Green. 

You're in a rush to defend a guy with a career-long track record of being a headache, solely because he's new to your favorite team.

Archived