OBJ goes off on Giants

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The core of those SB teams were gone or on their way out.  The guys who carried that QB would no longer be there.  With a good QB they wouldn't have been shocking SB wins, they would have been expected.

So, I take it you would pick the 4 losing seasons out of 5 over the 8 straight .500+ with 2 SB's?

9 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Taylor didn't take anyone to the playoffs, he was terrible in 2017.  Buffalo won when their D played great and scored.  In the bills lone playoff game his D only allowed 10 points and lost as tyrod led his O to 3.  The next week that same D allowed 42 points.

Yet this same guy defended Mark Sanchez and constantly argued he lead us to 2 AFC Title games, but the defense let him down. 

Unreal. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Young black entitled Millennial who thinks he's a superstar and his brand is more important. I can't stand this guy or anybody like him. Blaming the team is classless. He's more concerned with his clown haircut and his clown clothes. Maybe he should have concentrated on being a good leader..and an example as a teammate? La he's going to cry cuz he got kicked out and nobody's impressed with his one handed catches lol! Totally awesome that they traded him to a team with 10 other guys just like him with criminal pasts who are all me guys! I can't wait to watch them in implode! Couldn't have happened to a better example of everything wrong with the current NFL player's mindset. Crying with your clown haircut! Enjoy yourself Superstar LMFAO

But it would be cool if he was a young white man, right? 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JiF said:

No... but it wouldn't be cool if it was any young man. However I mentioned him being a black man because it's important. Because he's a bad example to young black men growing up in this Society. He's teaching them to be classless and not to know humility. You don't get a free pass cuz you have a special gift. The Free Ride is over

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

Fact:  Tyrod Taylor was the starting QB for the Buffalo Bills when they made the playoffs for the first time in 20 years.

Would you like to participate in providing facts and not feelings? 

In his 15 starts (including WC game) he led his O to an average of 17.8 PPG. Buffalo making the playoffs with him was nothing more than a coincidence.  

14 minutes ago, JiF said:

And you insinuating that I'm racist because I said " black man " makes you sound like a scared unintelligent fool. It makes the rest of us wonder if you even have the capacity to scramble an egg. I however am not afraid to be different or voice my opinion. Maybe you should actually read my post and try to think about it for a few days? I was trying to reflect on the social aspect of the young players in the NFL and why this hyper talented young man was traded and the fact that he's blaming the franchise for losing, whilst skirting his accountability for his own behavior. He doesn't seem like much of a deep thinker and neither do you... have a nice day

16 minutes ago, JiF said:

So, I take it you would pick the 4 losing seasons out of 5 over the 8 straight .500+ with 2 SB's?

They had a completely different team when they were competitive record wise and Eli's turnovers were keeping NYG out of the playoffs

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yet this same guy defended Mark Sanchez and constantly argued he lead us to 2 AFC Title games, but the defense let him down. 

Unreal. 

What is unreal is your lack of reading comprehension.  I always said the D led us there, yes the D let us down in title games but we were led by our D.  When you have nothing just make stuff up.

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I mentioned in the GM thread that Gettleman was worse than Mac and some were confused by my take.

Pandering to this idiot then signing him to a monster deal (in the first place) then trading him away almost immediately, not getting ANYTHING for Landon Collins, letting go of Snacks for nothing, including Olivier in the trade, NOT picking Sam last year, sticking with Eli way too long, the list goes on and on.

He's awful and has no plan.  

He thinks he’s smarter than he is. You really laid out the case against him. Thank goodness he was the GM last year and let Darnold slide to 3.

It wouldn’t surprise anyone that the tables start to turn in NY as the Jets ascend and the Giants become the afterthought. Multiple reasons for this and several include self-inflicted wounds by the Giants, but don’t discount the approaching decline of the Patriots over the next few years and an NFC East that includes a playoff caliber Cowboys team and a recent SB winner in the Eagles. The writing is on the wall. 

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Gettleman is a f*cking dunce.

If Beckham was causing such a disturbance in the locker room and wrecking the culture, then why the hell did you give him a massive extension in the first place?

They should have let him walk? They got a 1st 3rd and Jabril Peppers out of that  contract. . 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Untouchable said:

They should’ve traded him last offseason (like many thought they would) before they ever gave him that monster extension.

I agree.  All he did was hurt his net worth by getting injured YET AGAIN last year.  AAAAND throw on top of that the giants now have to eat a lot of $$$ from that monster contract as well.  didn't make sense why they gave him that huge extension last year and now it REALLY made no sense.  guess the idiots were getting theiw feewings huwt with all the OBJ hate....

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

No... but it wouldn't be cool if it was any young man. However I mentioned him being a black man because it's important. Because he's a bad example to young black men growing up in this Society. He's teaching them to be classless and not to know humility. You don't get a free pass cuz you have a special gift. The Free Ride is over

32 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

And you insinuating that I'm racist because I said " black man " makes you sound like a scared unintelligent fool. It makes the rest of us wonder if you even have the capacity to scramble an egg. I however am not afraid to be different or voice my opinion. Maybe you should actually read my post and try to think about it for a few days? I was trying to reflect on the social aspect of the young players in the NFL and why this hyper talented young man was traded and the fact that he's blaming the franchise for losing, whilst skirting his accountability for his own behavior. He doesn't seem like much of a deep thinker and neither do you... have a nice day

Yes, I'm the one who looks like a scared unintelligent fool in this conversation.

38 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

In his 15 starts (including WC game) he led his O to an average of 17.8 PPG. Buffalo making the playoffs with him was nothing more than a coincidence.  

I too enjoyed watching Tyrod Taylor lead the Bills to the playoffs that year.  Those fans deserve better!  Thank goodness Tyrod ended that drought for them.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Larz said:

The owners call the shots with the head coach hire and the starting QB in the vast majority of teams and I think it’s obvious with the giants 

Doesn't excuse it and doesn't excuse OBJ contract and trade, Collins, Snacks, etc.

The dude doesn't have a plan.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

The browns have a lot of talent, my biggest question about them is Freddie kitchens.

That's legitimate. It's one thing to come in unexpectedly and be promoted to OC and get hot. Folks love that type of story. It's another to go from RB coach, to OC to Head Coach in less than 1 year. 

That's unheard of. 

I think it's a great opportunity for him and I am rooting for him because he comes off as a good guy, but the facts are the facts. I've never seen a coach become a head coach the way Kitchens did it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Unreal. 

Bottom line, his support of Mayfield could not be a better sign that Baker will ultimately have his career go up in flames from here.  No one could ever possibly be more constantly wrong about everything than he is about QBs.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Bottom line, his support of Mayfield could not be a better sign that Baker will ultimately have his career go up in flames from here.  No one could ever possibly be more constantly wrong about everything than he is about QBs.

I'm just about always right about QBs, I said for over a decade Brady was better than Peyton and now it's an insult to even compare the two.  When Eli was the whipping boy in NY I backed him but late in his career he's been mediocre/bad.  Brett favre cost us a division title and more.  I said for years how Tannehill wasn't good,...

You can't find one example where I have been wrong about QBs.  You may have interpreted things wrong but that's on you.  For example, I never said mark Sanchez was great or that he would be great.  I simply defended him from those that acted like he was Kyle Mackey and when I have discussed Peyton I have always acknowledged he's an all time great but you have to find ways to separate the greats.  He's not Tom Brady, that doesn't mean I said he sucked.  The problem with these discussions are the interpretations rather than the actual discussions.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Taylor didn't take anyone to the playoffs

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Fact:  Tyrod Taylor was the starting QB for the Buffalo Bills when they made the playoffs for the first time in 20 years.

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I'm just about always right about QBs

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I'm just about always right about QBs, I said for over a decade Brady was better than Peyton and now it's an insult to even compare the two.  When Eli was the whipping boy in NY I backed him but late in his career he's been mediocre/bad.  Brett favre cost us a division title and more.  I said for years how Tannehill wasn't good,...

You can't find one example where I have been wrong about QBs.  You may have interpreted things wrong but that's on you.  For example, I never said mark Sanchez was great or that he would be great.  I simply defended him from those that acted like he was Kyle Mackey and when I have discussed Peyton I have always acknowledged he's an all time great but you have to find ways to separate the greats.  He's not Tom Brady, that doesn't mean I said he sucked.  The problem with these discussions are the interpretations rather than the actual discussions.

You constantly make an endless list of excuses for crappy hacks who dragged their teams down (Sanchez, Pennington) while repeatedly trashing current and future HOFers who got their teams rings (Namath, Peyton, Eli, Favre).

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

You constantly make an endless list of excuses for crappy hacks who dragged their teams down (Sanchez, Pennington) while repeatedly trashing current and future HOFers who got their teams rings (Namath, Peyton, Eli, Favre).

Pennington a crappy hack???  Listen I'm not getting involved in your guys' war here, but that's just wrong!!!

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Instead of worrying about headlines from "HotNewHipHip" (Who?), maybe OBJ should worry more about trying to stay on the field for an entire season. 

When I saw this guy mope and run into the locker room before the half on MNF because Saquon Barkley was having a good game I was pissed and I’m not even a giants fan

6 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

Pennington a crappy hack???  Listen I'm not getting involved in your guys' war here, but that's just wrong!!!

Post-2002 he certainly was, regardless of whether we want to blame it on injuries, especially relative to the credit some try give for team success that was in spite of him.  But I know from past experience, that is a verrrrry long argument of its own, so we'll just leave it at that.

Regardless of that difference in opinions however, I'm sure you'd agree attempting to prop up the greatness of Pennington in the same breath as trashing a list of HOFers is a mind-numbingly stupid position to take (obviously not the one you are taking).

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

What is unreal is your lack of reading comprehension.  I always said the D led us there, yes the D let us down in title games but we were led by our D.  When you have nothing just make stuff up. 

Yet you think Sanchez was good and still think he was good.  Are you finally willing to admit Sanchez sucks and always did suck?  Because he was worse than Tyrod Taylor, who you say sucks.