Mini Camp Thread

4 hours ago, JiF said:

You guys realize this is 3 day voluntary mini-camp that only teams with new Head Coaches are allowed, they're literally running zero of the playbook just doing positional drills and they only practice for 1 hour, right?  

And you do realize the Bell has been participating in every single offseason program other than these 3 days, and he's been on location since April 8th, right?  

lmfao

There is literally no reason for him to be out there in April.  April.  For an hour a day.

Bell is going to be a beast for the Jets.  

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

I know its early and the only 2 throws I was able to see Sam throw.  Ball was out in front and give your receiver a chance.  All the other quarterbacks were directly on the body or behind.

good news on those 2 throws.  you think Sam is going to be QB1 during camp or it an open competition like previous years?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Are you referring to the season that he rushed for 1300 hundred yards and added 85 receptions 700 yards with 11 total TD's and his team went 13-3?  It was a while ago, so I get them confused. 

Yes, that’s the one. When he went over 100 four times and was held under 50 yards four times. No worries, though. Backs get more productive after they turn 27. 

I'm more mesmerized by the helmets than anything else. It's so weird how they almost seem to change color when paired with different jerseys. The green tops makes them look darker. The white ones make them brighter, almost candy colored. I like it. Honestly I could get used to it.

BTW, because apparently black is a thing the Jets are using now, gotta wear them on the two Monday Night games right?

• Sympathy 1

We're gonna hate it when they give Bell the lightest amount of touches possible this august. I'm not concerned, he should be doing the bare minimum so he's fresh for the season. 

Course now there's no contact so it probably wouldn't hurt to have him in action. But whatever. "voluntary". 

I know its early and the only 2 throws I was able to see Sam throw.  Ball was out in front and give your receiver a chance.  All the other quarterbacks were directly on the body or behind.

Right. It’s in shorts and all that but it’s those little things that separate solid qb’s and great.
Getting the ball in front of the wr so they can catch it stride wound change everything for the NY Jets

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

There is no offseason for whining Jets fans.  There's always something, real or imagined to whine about.  Uniforms, logos, extra OTAs, fired coaches, pro bowl S's.....

The last time the Jets were in a playoff game, Ned Stark and his whole family were living relatively comfortably in Winterfell.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I don't think I complained about it from a football standpoint.

It doesn't matter from a football standpoint.

I don't appreciate being called a whiner because I'm mildly disappointed--not twisted--that not every single player isn't at OTAs. 

I know, wasn't aimed at you.  I get those who wanted to see him there because he's the new big piece to the Jets road back.  I was speaking more to those who have said it's proof we shouldn't have signed him or see it as proof he's a bad seed who's selfish and not the kind of player who can be counted on.  I get why you wanted him there, don't see the way he's handled himself since he signed as proof that he was a mistake, 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

The last time the Jets were in a playoff game, Ned Stark and his whole family were living relatively comfortably in Winterfell.

And none of the things I listed as whining we've seen this offseason has anything to do with them not being in the playoffs since the end of the 2010 season.  Pretty much the definition of whining over uniforms, logos, OTAs etc.  

15 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Talking about changing the culture never changes the culture. You have to establish a culture and remove those who dont fit in it. I hope Gase and Williams establish this culture, because honestly, it really does start with the coaching staff. 

Totally agree.  I remember going to Hofstra to watch Parcells first practices with the Jets.  It was a similar wake up moment, especially coming after the two prior seasons having watched Kotite run practices.  The differences in their nononsense way of running practices was eye opening.  Hopefully the same intensity, importance in getting it right all spring and summer leads to a similar change in culture.  You're right, it's worked before, don't see why it won't help today. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I know, wasn't aimed at you.  I get those who wanted to see him there because he's the new big piece to the Jets road back.  I was speaking more to those who have said it's proof we shouldn't have signed him or see it as proof he's a bad seed who's selfish and not the kind of player who can be counted on.  I get why you wanted him there, don't see the way he's handled himself since he signed as proof that he was a mistake, 

Clearly not a mistake. 

Going to make us one of the most entertaining teams in the NFL. 

F*cking Le’Veon Bell. On the Jets.

Are you kidding me? 

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

Clearly not a mistake. 

Going to make us one of the most entertaining teams in the NFL. 

F*cking Le’Veon Bell. On the Jets.

Are you kidding me? 

Easiest move the Jets could make for fans to get behind.  He makes Darnolds life easier as his biggest, best weapon, makes the Jets so much better than before he signed.  He's our best RB and our best WR.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Yes, that’s the one. When he went over 100 four times and was held under 50 yards four times. No worries, though. Backs get more productive after they turn 27. 

I get the criticism of Bell, but Jets have done well in the past with older RBs such as Martin and Tomlinson. The contract is not prohibitive in later yrs to cut him once he declines.

8 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I'm not worried.  I doubt he's fully ready for football activity yet anyway.  Last thing we need is a blown hammy or something.

Looks like Sam's eye has recovered since he got punched in the face in that basketball game.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SMC said:

I get the criticism of Bell, but Jets have done well in the past with older RBs such as Martin and Tomlinson. The contract is not prohibitive in later yrs to cut him once he declines.

I’m just trying to get JiF to scream at me. I think Bell is great and I’m still shocked he signed here, even if it’s just for two years.