Pauline: Jets would consider trading Anderson if they can get 3rd rounder

6 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

Want Robbie to stay, would accept a #2. If have to. Not a #3. Like the chemistry he’s built with Darnold, and kinda believe he may have his head finally screwed on sorta straight

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

If we got offered a high 2nd fine but a 3rd for our best wr and we don’t even have depth?

• Upvote 2

I opened this thread thinking the title referred to Henry Anderson, not Robby, which would make more sense given the players available that high in the draft. Trading Robby would be dumb, so I hope they don't do it. This is not a great WR draft. 

• Upvote 4

Jamison Crowder is the best all around WR on the Jets right now and it's not close. He and Bell will be the focal point of the offense this season. Herndon would be the 3rd option and Enunwa and Anderson would be the 4th and 5th. Enunwa has more flexibility to move inside when needed so he could move up depending on injuries. 

Gase had DaVante Parker and Kenny Stills last year who are both arguably better all around WR's than Anderson. Even with that Danny Amendola (slot) was 1st in targets, Kenyan Drake (HB) was 2nd in targets. Don't discount Gase's history. 

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If we got offered a high 2nd fine but a 3rd for our best wr and we don’t even have depth?

Being the best WR on this team doesn’t mean anything. His efficiency numbers and drop rate have been bad the last two years.

Finding receivers like Robby Anderson, guys that run fast in a straight line and drop half the balls thrown their way, is easy. That’s why the Jets found him in undrafted free agency. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, slats said:

I opened this thread thinking the title referred to Henry Anderson, not Robby, which would make more sense given the players available that high in the draft. Trading Robby would be dumb, so I hope they don't do it. This is not a great WR draft. 

This is actually a really deep WR draft in rounds 2-4. 

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Getting a third for Anderson would be incredible considering he’s probably worth less than that. Paying him would be uber dumb and classic Jets. 

Exactly. Robbie’s a time bomb after u give him a big contract, he’s not a smart man.

Could be a high 3rd. In Gase offense, I’d want Deebo Samuels on the cheap than a 12 million dollar stick boy. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Just seems stupid to ship off one of our better WRs before we see what he can do in Sams 2nd year and under Gase. 

But he may not fit the scheme Gase is trying to run. Remember he has trouble running routes correctly if its not just run straight down the field. Regardless a 3rd round pick is not enough for his talent. We need at least a 2nd for him. 

Just now, Jetster said:

Exactly. Robbie’s a time bomb after u give him a big contract, he’s not a smart man.

Could be a high 3rd. In Gase offense, I’d want Deebo Samuels on the cheap than a 12 million dollar stick boy. 

Buy low sell high. Turn assets into more valuable assets. Pretty basic stuff. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Flipping a former UDFA with a limited route tree for an early 3rd?  Not ideal, but I'd take it. 

It's very rare we get a guy who outperforms his pedigree and becomes a marketable asset to trade away. 

Until Mac drafts the next Stewart or Smith and Sam literally has nothing to throw to next season because Q is hurt and Herndon is in suspension 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Have you seen the wide receivers Macagnan has drafted?

Oh wait you can’t they aren’t even in the nfl

Who found Anderson as an UDFA? You can't argue that he can't find WR's while the guy you want to keep was found by Macc on the scrap heap.

3 minutes ago, Reynolds1029 said:

But he may not fit the scheme Gase is trying to run. Remember he has trouble running routes correctly if its not just run straight down the field. Regardless a 3rd round pick is not enough for his talent. We need at least a 2nd for him. 

No

Robby is a better version of Kenny Stills who had 854 yards and 6 touchdowns just one year ago playing for Gase

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

We have no depth.  Robby also has 1700 yards and 13 tds last two seasons despite playing with scrub Josh McCown and rookie Sam Darnold

I know you love to hate on home team players and say everyone sucks and yes Robby has flaws but he’s overall been pretty good

Oh, Phillip.

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Who found Anderson as an UDFA? You can't argue that he can't find WR's while the guy you want to keep was found by Macc on the scrap heap.

We have no wr depth and you want to trade our best wr.  Great for Sam’s development 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

We have no depth.  Robby also has 1700 yards and 13 tds last two seasons despite playing with scrub Josh McCown and rookie Sam Darnold

I know you love to hate on home team players and say everyone sucks and yes Robby has flaws but he’s overall been pretty good

Anderson was awful for 90% the games last year. His stats were padded in 2 games otherwise his year would've been looked at as awful by everybody.

Robby Anderson has done a good job rebuilding his image via social media. He's gotten more involved in the city (other games), participated in various Jets events, and was a feature in the uniform release.

Now's the wrong time to trade him - let's see what he's got this season. If we move him we have no outside deep threat. The more weapons for Darnold, the better.

• Upvote 2

i'm not understanding this move that much.  as others have said, anderson does have that scary speed and if he's paired with some good underneath guys then he can really be used effectively.  the jets gave him a second round tender.  was there any activity before?  and so they'll settle for a "solid" third rounder?  this sounds like mac is overthinking the draft and trying to finesse a player in the third round.  has that plan worked out so well over the past 4 drafts?  thought not.

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I really hope it’s nothing but an unfounded rumor.  Don’t know who the writer is, or how legit he is, but I think Robbie has the potential to be big for us as he develops even more chemistry with Sam.

Even with some of the off the field stuff, he seems to want to move on and turn his life around.  An interview Cris Carter said Robbie reached out to him for advice, that is a very good sign.  Cris had his own issues, and wants to help others.  My heart tells me Robbie isn’t a bad kid, but I hope to God it doesn’t turn out tragic like Carson Palmer and Chris Henry.   Robbie belongs in a great environment with the Jets players.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Ugh, why take away a weapon that Sam is comfortable with?  They were really clicking at the end of the season.  ?

The Jets have allergic to anything offense. I wouldnt not appreciate watching the Jets hire their first offensive minded HC in decades, only to undermine him with continuous SOJ front office nonsense. 

If Anderson is traded on or leading up to the Draft I will be very upset. 

• Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Does Robbie Anderson make up for significant draft resources invested in Devin Smith (# 37 overall pick), ArDarius Stewart (3.79) and Chad Hansen (4.141)?  I'd say no.  Especially when you consider the WR's we missed out on in 2017:  JuJu Smith-Schuster, Kenny Golladay and Cooper Kupp.  Stewart and Hansen aren't even in the league anymore just 2 years later.

Anderson is coming off one decent season where he was about replacement level or a little above.  Granted, he finished the season strong, but we've seen plenty of Jets do that only to see them fail to carry it over into the next season.  That doesn't overcome those serious draft flubs. 

Hitting on a UDFA seems impressive, but then you have to remember the sheer number of UDFA's that make their way onto NFL rosters.  Odds are good you'll hit on one every once in a while.  A lot of good WR's in NFL history were UDFA's:  Wes Welker, Rod Smith, Victor Cruz, Miles Austin, our own Wayne Chrebet, etc.