Pauline: Jets would consider trading Anderson if they can get 3rd rounder

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Buy low sell high. Turn assets into more valuable assets. Pretty basic stuff. 

UDFA for a high 3rd? Over giving Robbie Anderson 12 million dollars? Yes please. 

I don’t think Robbie is anything special & Darnold can get the ball to anyone that gets open. 

• Upvote 4

58 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The only way it makes any sense is if the team feels anderson is a bad seed and will be a negative for the QB. Otherwise makes no sense.  Trading Lee makes sense.  Maybe even Leo if they draft a DT but not Anderson and not for a 3rd.

While I mostly agree with this, the other possibility to consider is if Gase isn't a fan, and doesn't think Anderson really fits into the things he wants to do.  If that were the case and you know he'll get minimal use before walking next offseason, then I could see considering a deal.

With that said, the more likely situation is that this rumor is either complete BS, or Maccagnan is mind-numbingly stupid (I mean, the latter is obviously true regardless, but it's just a question of whether it applies to this particular topic).

53 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Why the **** would they do that? Trade a known player who has a useful skill set and create another hole for an unknown. 

Isn't this draft fairly plentiful at WR? I don't  know, I don't follow deeper into the draft. If it is then dump this problem child and move on, if not then keep Anderson.

The real question is this. Would you give Robby Anderson a 4 year $48+ million extension right now?

If the answer is "no" then you should have no problem trading him bc that's what he'll command on the open market if he has the same season this year as last year. 

If the answer is "yes" then you're crazy.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Apache 51 said:

Isn't this draft fairly plentiful at WR? I don't  know, I don't follow deeper into the draft. If it is then dump this problem child and move on, if not then keep Anderson.

It's really not top heavy, but the mid rounds seem to be where the quality will be had. 

even with that, it's a crap shoot. If we had another good WR then I can see taking the chance, but if Macc hits and miss in the mid rounds as he always does then essentially what we'll be doing is taking a target away from Darnold. 

Bad enough Macc doesnt believe in Olinemen. 

Just kidding I actually like Anderson's skill set. However he's obviously not a High character guy and that's why they have not premiered him on offense and why he is not getting paid. This just tells me that he's on the trade block in a package deal. I told everybody we are going to be very busy in this draft moving up and down and trading players

• Upvote 1

I’ll give Robbie credit for continuing to show up downfield. Probably flirt with Pro Bowl playing in KC in that offense..

but I would ship him out too for a 2nd or high 3rd... Why? don’t like him enough to pay him big bucks and hes resume has a couple of strikes. I’d prefer a bigger dude playing X over Robbie. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Just kidding I actually like Anderson's skill set. However he's obviously not a High character guy and that's why they have not premiered him on offense and why he is not getting paid. This just tells me that he's on the trade block in a package deal. I told everybody we are going to be very busy in this draft moving up and down and trading players

Let’s hope so, unless Robbie is going down the sideline he’s pretty useless, a catch & duck player, Gase likes catch & run players, hands like a WR & legs churning like a RB (Deebo Samuel). 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

It's really not top heavy, but the mid rounds seem to be where the quality will be had. 

If we had another good WR then I can see taking the chance. Bad enough Macc doesnt believe in Olinemen. 

Thanks for thew answer, and can Enunwa stay healthy....I see, and agree this is football, not Rugby. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Trading Anderson for a third round pick would make no sense to me

This makes sense if (and only if) they have no intention of signing him long term, so the best they will get for him when he walks after this year is a potential 2021 3rd round comp pick - depending on how much he signs for and whether the Jets have a net loss of FAs in the 2020 off-season.  In that case, dealing him for a 3rd this year basically advances that comp pick by 2 years, and you can replace his primary role in this offense (run deep, Robby) fairly easily.  A starting 5 of Crowder, Enunwa, Herndon, Bell, and Burnett/Draftee at the skill positions in the 11 set isn't bad.

They can definitely keep Anderson, and use him if they do - but if they aren't planning for him to be on the team beyond this season, dealing him makes sense.

1 minute ago, Apache 51 said:

Thanks for thew answer, and can Enunwa stay healthy....I see, and agree this is football, not Rugby. 

Enunwa is a nice piece but he's a lower tier #2 at best. Anderson is a legit #2 WR in this league who can get away with being a #1 given that he has an elite trait which is speed. 

However, if we let Anderson go this WR group is literally a bunch of Jags. I really like Enunwa, but feelings aside, none of these players have proven to be irreplaceable. If Macc trades Anderson it must be followed up by some other move for a veteran. We cant go in there with some rookie and depend on that. 

If there's validity to this then hopefully Macc has something in his bag of tricks, but from the outside looking in I dont like the sound of trading Anderson, who's a good football player. We dont have alot of good football players on the offensive side of the ball. 

• Sympathy 2

25 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I really hope it’s nothing but an unfounded rumor.  Don’t know who the writer is, or how legit he is, but I think Robbie has the potential to be big for us as he develops even more chemistry with Sam.

Even with some of the off the field stuff, he seems to want to move on and turn his life around.  An interview Cris Carter said Robbie reached out to him for advice, that is a very good sign.  Cris had his own issues, and wants to help others.  My heart tells me Robbie isn’t a bad kid, but I hope to God it doesn’t turn out tragic like Carson Palmer and Chris Henry.   Robbie belongs in a great environment with the Jets players.

Umm ... did something happen with Carson Palmer that I'm not aware of?

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I don't want to trade him, but if they love a guy in the draft that can replace Anderson and is under contract for a longer time, I guess it's an ok move. 

No it's not.  And that is one huge "IF".

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

It would also make sense if they have no intention of re-signing him. He’s a UFA in the offseason and they just gave Q and Crowder decent deals. Anderson is one of the lone successes in Macc’s storied career. I can’t see him shipping him off to just draft another WR. But then again, there really isn’t any semblance of a plan either. 

No semblance of a plan???

What would you have done differently this offseason?

Maccagnan should get punched in the face if he trades for AJ Green who is washed up. Le'Veon Bell and Odell Beckham jr. Should both get punched in the face for not showing up for voluntary workouts. And Robby Anderson should be punched in the face period, cuz he been drinking dat juice in da hood

Not entirely sure how “truthful” this report is, or whether Gase has been honestly involved but, if so, consider—

Gase was originally a WR coach for Den, and eventually tailored an offense that featured Bey bey Thomas as their X - who as far as X WRs go, couldn’t be more opposite than Robbie. Then he worked with Alshon and Marshall.  

If he wants his X to catch and run, playing big boy ball at those premium spots, then yes. He may very well be telling Macc; go ahead ship Robbie out. 

Remember: Jets are linked to some 6’5 WRs in the draft - who are more than just downfield burners. That’s the word on the street. 

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Not entirely sure how “truthful” this report is, or whether Gase has been honestly involved but, if so, consider—

Gase was originally a WR coach for Den, and eventually tailored an offense that featured Bey bey Thomas as their X - who as far as X WRs go, couldn’t be more opposite than Robbie. Then he worked with Alshon and Marshall.  

If he wants his X to catch and run, playing big boy ball at those premium spots, then yes. He may very well be telling Macc; go ahead ship Robbie out. 

Remember: Jets are linked to some 6’5 WRs in the draft - who are more than just downfield burners. That’s the word on the street. 

Miles Boykin.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

With Maccagnan’s sterling record of finding receiving talent in the middle rounds? This is a layup for Ol Macccc

And from what I've seen the talent in this draft is the depth from the second to fourth round. It's heavy and possession receivers running backs interior offensive lineman and tight ends. My personal opinion is maccagnan has to trade down and get at least four players who are contributing in the first game of the season. He trades for players or trades our players I still want to see people that are actually playing on day one. I expect this to be a very busy draft for us moving up and down

• Upvote 1