Pauline: Jets would consider trading Anderson if they can get 3rd rounder

2 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

And from what I've seen the talent in this draft is the depth from the second to fourth round. It's heavy and possession receivers running backs interior offensive lineman and tight ends. My personal opinion is maccagnan has to trade down and get at least four players who are contributing in the first game of the season. He trades for players or trades our players I still want to see people that are actually playing on day one. I expect this to be a very busy draft for us moving up and down

he does have 2 3rd rounders and a 4th, but i understand and favor getting more if possible.

19 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Not entirely sure how “truthful” this report is, or whether Gase has been honestly involved but, if so, consider—

Gase was originally a WR coach for Den, and eventually tailored an offense that featured Bey bey Thomas as their X - who as far as X WRs go, couldn’t be more opposite than Robbie. Then he worked with Alshon and Marshall.  

If he wants his X to catch and run, playing big boy ball at those premium spots, then yes. He may very well be telling Macc; go ahead ship Robbie out. 

Remember: Jets are linked to some 6’5 WRs in the draft - who are more than just downfield burners. That’s the word on the street. 

You mean it's not about how the fans feel but how the player fits in Gase's offense? (Sarcasm) Interesting...

• Upvote 1

The only way it makes any sense is if the team feels anderson is a bad seed and will be a negative for the QB. Otherwise makes no sense.  Trading Lee makes sense.  Maybe even Leo if they draft a DT but not Anderson and not for a 3rd.

The Leo trade will happen next year if we draft Williams or Oliver. If he benefits from having the additional talent on the line they can franchise him and get a trade going Ala Dee ford or Frank Clark. That wouldn’t be the worst football thinking.

Trading Anderson for a 3rd is less intelligent football thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I think I remember reading somewhere Robbie Anderson might be at MetLife for the draft party. 

OMG! Could you imagine that happening while he was there? Would he just finish his drink, slam a $10 on the bar, turn and wave his fingers in the peace sign like Nixon?

Very uncomfortable

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

personally I think it would be great to get some value from a guy who cant help but drop passes when it matter most and is 1 cops wifes eye from being suspended and owed a lot of money soon.

Its like you guys want to compete to be crappy. Robbie who is relatively better than recent bad draft picks, sure. but not a good enough good receiver on the field to justify his off field issues. The kid is from where is is from and sure we need attitude on the team, but not this juvenile crap.

Our new coaching staff is smart enough to not keep this trash if you can get value or replace. We are in a position where we might have to keep him because we don't have alternative, but yeah sign me up all day to take a draft pick. We can get a kid off the street that can drop passes. He is a 1 trick pony we can do without. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

personally I think it would be great to get some value from a guy who cant help but drop passes when it matter most and is 1 cops wifes eye from being suspended and owed a lot of money soon.

Its like you guys want to compete to be crappy. Robbie who is relatively better than recent bad draft picks, sure. but not a good enough good receiver on the field to justify his off field issues. The kid is from where is is from and sure we need attitude on the team, but not this juvenile crap.

Our new coaching staff is smart enough to not keep this trash if you can get value or replace. We are in a position where we might have to keep him because we don't have alternative, but yeah sign me up all day to take a draft pick. We can get a kid off the street that can drop passes. He is a 1 trick pony we can do without. 

So trade Anderson for a 3 or ideally a 2 and than draft a WR to replace him in the 3rd or 4th? Than draft a C with the 2nd round pick? Sounds like a lateral move at best, trading away your best WR for draft capital that the Jets aren't known for making the best use of. Anderson is the only player keeping the defense honest and not stacking the middle of the field + 8 man boxes vs Bell.

48 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I like it in theory. In practice, I hate throwing Darnold out there with Crowder, Herndon and some rookies.

Yea that part also makes this a little suspect... although teams have worked with less. Quincy, Crowder, Herndon and Bell is a good start on paper. Would need to hit on your WRs in the draft tho 

The question is, has management decided they’re not prepared to offer Anderson a long term extension next year. If they’re not comfortable with him in a big guaranteed contract, then absolutely trading in the draft is a possibility.

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Yea that part also makes this a little suspect... although teams have worked with less. Quincy, Crowder, Herndon and Bell is a good start on paper. Would need to hit on your WRs in the draft tho 

Three 3’s would be interesting this year.  Could target two WRs in that round that could really help this team.  Butler/ Hurd would be nice. 

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Three 3’s would be interesting this year.  Could target two WRs in that round that could really help this team.  Butler/ Hurd would be nice. 

What an odd year for Macc to go all out on picks. It’s not a particularly strong year outside of Defensive front 7 and he’s basically waving a flag saying “take my sh*t’! I need picks galore”

Given his antics off the field, if the Jets were offered a 3rd for Anderson, I'd grab that pick and run like I stole it. Anderson has a 10 cent brain just like Geno Smith. Getting a 3rd for him is excellent return on an idiot.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1