Pauline: Jets would consider trading Anderson if they can get 3rd rounder

2 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Umm ... did something happen with Carson Palmer that I'm not aware of?

A sad story about a troubled player, Chris Henry on the Bengals.  Carson loved the guy, tried to help him, Chris even lived with Carson and his family for awhile. 

He died in a tragic accident, devastated Carson and his teammates. Robbie could use the support and leadership from this team, he appears to be trying to change his life around, and he’s a good player, one that is developing with Sam.

4 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

http://draftanalyst.com/nfl-draft-notes-tuesday-april-24

Where does that leave the New York Jets?

As previously reported, I continue to hear the Jets are doing all they can to move down from the 3rd selection.  In fact one person told me the Jets are “desperate to move down,” and they feel no one available at the third slot is a player they really need.  Last week I reported that except for Nick Bosa, the Jets are not enamored with any of the pass rushers who may be available to them early in round one.

The team is in need of extra picks in the top 100, owning the third pick of the draft as well as two choices in round three, selections 68 and 93.

The Jets have already started recruiting players who may slip through the seven rounds of the draft and they can sign as undrafted free agents. 

I’m also told the Jets will consider trading receiver Robby Anderson if they are able to get solid (3rd round) compensation in return. 

Anderson, an undrafted free agent, has been terrific addition on the field for the Jets yet has caused some headaches as well. He was tendered by the team in February and is slated to become a free agent after the season.

I really don't understand why they would trade him. Just seems like a dumb move for a 3rd round pick. 

Ixd dump him for anything 5th round or higher.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

2 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

A sad story about a troubled player, Chris Henry on the Bengals.  Carson loved the guy, tried to help him, Chris even lived with Carson and his family for awhile. 

He died in a tragic accident, devastated Carson and his teammates. Robbie could use the support and leadership from this team, he appears to be trying to change his life around, and he’s a good player, one that is developing with Sam.

Henry was a straight up nutbag who was arrested twenty times for various sh*tty sh*t who ended up falling out of the back of a pickup truck driven by his fleeing wife who was trying to avoid getting her ass kicked by him. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, choon328 said:

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Someone still has to run the deep routes to keep defenses honest

No idea where that thinking came from, honestly. You don't need a deep threat to keep defenses honest, and having one won't make them honest anyways. 

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Can draft a younger cheaper version of Anderson in 3rd. Deep WR class this year.

And they know a 3rd round picks is going to be as good as Anderson or have the same chemistry with Darnold? 

It would be asinine to trade away a good player just to use that pick to draft a rookie to replace him. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Henry was a straight up nutbag who was arrested twenty times for various sh*tty sh*t who ended up falling out of the back of a pickup truck driven by his fleeing wife who was trying to avoid getting her ass kicked by him. 

I was shocked when the Bengals drafted this nutjob ? Because the Bengals have a stellar record regarding nutjobs & felons. I think in there minds they believe it's easy turn your life around in a sh*thole like Cincy. No crackheads here baby.

39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The comparison is beyond ridiculous

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

And they know a 3rd round picks is going to be as good as Anderson or have the same chemistry with Darnold? 

It would be asinine to trade away a good player just to use that pick to draft a rookie to replace him. 

The rookie doesn't get a contract next year. I would just play him out and take the comp pick but there's a reasonable argument to do a deal now. There are a lot of wow athletes and wow giant humans at receiver in this class.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

The rookie doesn't get a contract next year. I would just play him out and take the comp pick but there's a reasonable argument to do a deal now. There are a lot of wow athletes and wow giant humans at receiver in this class.

I consider those receivers as an insurance policy, with regards to an oft injured Enunwa

3 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

It is not just about the field. We are still long overdue for a hard push to get more rookie contracts onto the roster. A trade could do that and possibly replace a lot of Anderson's value right away.

I realize that. I'm a fan of Robby's. I don't think he's a bad guy, and as valuable as i think he already has been. His potential i don't think has been fully tapped yet. For whatever reason, his deep threat abilities are hard to find. Lots of pretty good slot receivers. Lots of possession type receivers. Not many who can get open deep on a regular basis and catch the ball.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I was shocked when the Bengals drafted this nutjob ? Because the Bengals have a stellar record regarding nutjobs & felons. I think in there minds they believe it's easy turn your life around in a sh*thole like Cincy. No crackheads here baby.

1 hour ago, HelenOfTroy said:

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I followed Chris Henry's career for fantasy reasons.  Immense talent.  Same with Martavis Bryant.   And now Preston Williams.  Maybe a human element too... hoping they would/will overcome and succeed.

Henry was obviously a troubled kid, probably a bad kid to begin with.  But I have to mention that his autopsy showed he had CTE in multiple parts of his brain.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

http://draftanalyst.com/nfl-draft-notes-tuesday-april-24

Where does that leave the New York Jets?

As previously reported, I continue to hear the Jets are doing all they can to move down from the 3rd selection.  In fact one person told me the Jets are “desperate to move down,” and they feel no one available at the third slot is a player they really need.  Last week I reported that except for Nick Bosa, the Jets are not enamored with any of the pass rushers who may be available to them early in round one.

The team is in need of extra picks in the top 100, owning the third pick of the draft as well as two choices in round three, selections 68 and 93.

The Jets have already started recruiting players who may slip through the seven rounds of the draft and they can sign as undrafted free agents. 

I’m also told the Jets will consider trading receiver Robby Anderson if they are able to get solid (3rd round) compensation in return. 

Anderson, an undrafted free agent, has been terrific addition on the field for the Jets yet has caused some headaches as well. He was tendered by the team in February and is slated to become a free agent after the season.

I really don't understand why they would trade him. Just seems like a dumb move for a 3rd round pick. 

In a nut shell Mac might be the worst GM in football the reason he cant trade out of that spot because he amplified that he is desperate to trade out any smart GM sees that and will fleece him. Then he wants to trade Anderson when he has no replacement. Crowder is a slot guy Enunwa cant stay on the field this just shows that Mac should have been fired. The guy fell on Darnold fell on Adam's and fell on Williams.  The guy has incredible  luck with the top player falling on him. Outside of the top 5 he has drafted really nothing spectacular Herdon might be the only decent find but his off field issues might end that too. Mac should be put in a room and away from the war room as bad as Gase is in Personnel decisions He still did a better job drafting in Miami then Mac did with the Jets.

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Henry died on December 17, 2009 when he was dragged from a moving truck that his fiancé was driving after a verbal altercation. An autopsy revealed that Henry had developed chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) during his playing career due to repetitive hits to the head.  Because CTE can only be diagnosed in an autopsy and Henry was still active in the NFL when he died, Henry represented the first case where an active player had died and could be diagnosed with CTE.

39 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I followed Chris Henry's career for fantasy reasons.  Immense talent.  Same with Martavis Bryant.   And now Preston Williams.  Maybe a human element too... hoping they would/will overcome and succeed.

Henry was obviously a troubled kid, probably a bad kid to begin with.  But I have to mention that his autopsy showed he had CTE in multiple parts of his brain.  

All I’m going to say about Henry is, Carson loved the guy, cried like a baby when he died.  Carson is as stoic a man as they come, devoutly religious (he and his wife), and Chris lived with him and his family for a time.  Carson comes from a well to do family, so how much could they have in common?  

Yet, Carson loved the guy.

• Upvote 1

A 3rd round pick, in this draft for Robby Anderson?  I generally like Pauline but this screams of someone looking for some clicks.

I dont get the Robby hate on this board.  The kid had a bad off-season but didnt hurt anyone (specifically domestic violence) and had a very good season last year.  He has played his 2 "veteran" seasons with Josh McCown and a 21 year old rookie at QB.  Let the kid have one season with a legit OC and QB and then judge him.

My guess is he is a breakout player in the league and goes over 1000 with 8+ TDs.

• Upvote 3

If this were the case a trade for Andersen, why would Rotowire state the following:

Jets' Robby Anderson: Locked in for key role under Gase

Rotowire  APR 23, 2019

Coach Adam Gase believes the Jets can do more to get Anderson involved in a variety of ways, Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports.

Anderson has proven himself as a deep threat with career marks of 14.7 yards per catch and 8.0 per target, but the nature of his role combined with shaky quarterback play has made consistency elusive. While Gase seems to be hinting at a more dynamic role that allows Anderson to move around the formation, it will be tough to find snaps in the slot with Jamison Crowder, Quincy Enunwa and Le'Veon Bell all on the roster. The added competition for targets could easily be offset by improved efficiency, as Anderson turns 26 in May and quarterback Sam Darnold celebrates his 22nd birthday a month later. The two showed a strong connection late last season when Anderson caught 23 of 39 targets for 336 yards (8.6 YPT) and three touchdowns over the final four weeks.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, genot said:

I realize that. I'm a fan of Robby's. I don't think he's a bad guy, and as valuable as i think he already has been. His potential i don't think has been fully tapped yet. For whatever reason, his deep threat abilities are hard to find. Lots of pretty good slot receivers. Lots of possession type receivers. Not many who can get open deep on a regular basis and catch the ball.

That's cool. I had neglected to read in the thread title where this came from, so you must be kinda pleased that it's definitely not gonna happen.

7 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

We should trade all our good players for draft picks in the hopes the players we draft become good players.

We don’t have many good players. Just Sam who will be a star. We have a lot of average players who many on here think are good. Robbie is not a premier WR by no stretch of the imagination. Robbie is a one trick pony, frail and has had concerning issues. No way I sign him to a long term contract. Getting a 3rd rounder for him would be excellent considering he was an UDFA. There are tons of quality WR’s in this draft. The key is to stockpile as many picks as you can and address pass rusher, OT, C and CB. That’s 4 essential positions that are more important than a WR who can only run go routes and will demand a big contract next year. He doesn’t have the best hands, he’s limited in YAC and he’s useless going over the middle. And he’s relatively short compared to many of the WR’s in the game today. He’s no Tyrek Hill. Not in skill set anyways.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Robby can’t catch .. We watching the same Robby ? 

Not sure, did you watch any jets games last season? Or the season before? Specifically when Robbie gave up on routes that led to interceptions and/or when he dropped game deciding touchdowns and first downs on uncontested passes or maybe completely being outclassed by actual good receivers on a weekly basis? Really which game should we talk about to really highlight my point??? Hmmm - it is so hard to pick just one.

I once too was a big Robbie supporter because I mistook being better than other jet receivers as proof of being good. Even taking the leap that just catching some lucky tosses one year with Fitz as that proof of being better than other WR wearing Green and white. The truth is he was neither. His inconsistent production is the first clue, but really watching him play you can't conclude him being good by any real demonstrative qualities.

My fav game last yeah was against Houston. He was out classed by Hopkins - I know who wouldn't he out class right? But Hopkins plays against less talented guys all the time but they don't give up plays all game nor do they drop game winning 4th quarter 4th down plays. Good player come through and don't get the dropsies.

Look Robbie is nothing special, and is nothing more than an unreliable deep threat with off field issues and no real passion for the game. 

Give me any value and I lose him 10 of 10 times.

Also Gase probably will feature and use guys he can rely on. Not Andersen

Oh and fumbles don't forget them either. Remember when he handed the ball of to the other team lol that was great. 

Maybe you forgot about all the games he lost us and plays he gave up because of the off field stuff, like threatening a cops wife with his happy juice, 

But I didn't. Neither did our GM. What is sad is we can't get value with him and just have to hope he gets better or at least will try this year. He does like the new uniform so there is that. Awesome

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I don’t know what’s dumber trading our best WR for a 3rd or Pauline

Best WR ? :) 

The same guy who can't catch a cold on contested passes . Is a terrible possession guy and can't move the chains . Sure he's a part to the puzzle with his ability to take the top off the defense and keep them honest but that's about all he is, a one dimensional WR who constantly hears the footsteps and short arms passes in traffic. There are a few big WR's in this draft that can move the chains and be the big possession guy we need to keep drives going Robby is just not that guy and never will be.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

We don’t have many good players. Just Sam who will be a star. We have a lot of average players who many on here think are good. Robbie is not a premier WR by no stretch of the imagination. Robbie is a one trick pony, frail and has had concerning issues. No way I sign him to a long term contract. Getting a 3rd rounder for him would be excellent considering he was an UDFA. There are tons of quality WR’s in this draft. The key is to stockpile as many picks as you can and address pass rusher, OT, C and CB. That’s 4 essential positions that are more important than a WR who can only run go routes and will demand a big contract next year. He doesn’t have the best hands, he’s limited in YAC and he’s useless going over the middle. And he’s relatively short compared to many of the WR’s in the game today. He’s no Tyrek Hill. Not in skill set anyways.

I could agree or disagree with anything or everything you said because it’s all opinion. 

But hes 6’-3”. That is not relatively short in any sense other than in an alternative universe of giants. 

8 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I could agree or disagree with anything or everything you said because it’s all opinion. 

But hes 6’-3”. That is not relatively short in any sense other than in an alternative universe of giants. 

Didn’t know he was that tall. Thx. But he doesn’t play tall.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Paradis said:

I’ll give Robbie credit for continuing to show up downfield. Probably flirt with Pro Bowl playing in KC in that offense..

but I would ship him out too for a 2nd or high 3rd... Why? don’t like him enough to pay him big bucks and hes resume has a couple of strikes. I’d prefer a bigger dude playing X over Robbie. 

Speaking of which, there is chatter that the NFL will likely suspend Hill for half the season. Anderson would be a suitable replacement for Hill I would think. Of course the Chiefs just traded a fair amount of draft capital.

3 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

All I’m going to say about Henry is, Carson loved the guy, cried like a baby when he died.  Carson is as stoic a man as they come, devoutly religious (he and his wife), and Chris lived with him and his family for a time.  Carson comes from a well to do family, so how much could they have in common?  

Yet, Carson loved the guy.

I didn’t know all those details about Chris Henry living with Carson, Shaelyn and the family, but this doesn’t surprise me in the least. I know the Palmers a little bit, my daughter was classmates with their twins. Great family, very down to earth and they lead by example in the community.

Losing a teammate or anyone under such tragic circumstances is horrible, but finding out that CTE likely played a big role is even more devastating. No winners in a situation like this.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

If this were the case a trade for Andersen, why would Rotowire state the following:

Jets' Robby Anderson: Locked in for key role under Gase

Rotowire  APR 23, 2019

Coach Adam Gase believes the Jets can do more to get Anderson involved in a variety of ways, Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports.

Anderson has proven himself as a deep threat with career marks of 14.7 yards per catch and 8.0 per target, but the nature of his role combined with shaky quarterback play has made consistency elusive. While Gase seems to be hinting at a more dynamic role that allows Anderson to move around the formation, it will be tough to find snaps in the slot with Jamison Crowder, Quincy Enunwa and Le'Veon Bell all on the roster. The added competition for targets could easily be offset by improved efficiency, as Anderson turns 26 in May and quarterback Sam Darnold celebrates his 22nd birthday a month later. The two showed a strong connection late last season when Anderson caught 23 of 39 targets for 336 yards (8.6 YPT) and three touchdowns over the final four weeks.

Yeah, this trade rumor doesn’t seem to make sense. I think Darnold really got comfortable with Robby last year. I wouldn’t be so quick to get rid of a guy like him.  He is a unique player on this offense, we don’t really have anybody else like him. Despite some of his limitations and faults he really provides a valuable capability on a team that looks to have some short / intermediate pass catchers now with Crowder, Herndon, Bell.  Robby takes the top off a defense. I’ve always thought his comparison in the league was DeSean Jackson and that’s a player who can change a game. 

In fact, that could be an interesting trivia question someday about who caught Sam Darnold‘s first NFL touchdown pass. 

There are a ton of signs that Robbie Anderson is not in the Jets long term plans. I would prefer a 2nd round pick, but if they can offload him for a 3rd in the last year of his contract, it's not a bad move.

Anderson continues to be overrated by some fans. He does one thing well, and he's a JAG at best in all other areas. He's had plenty of opportunities to be the main weapon on this team, and he has yet to produce any type of meaningful season.  Admittedly, the quarterback play has been subpar, but he's also playing from behind more often than not which tends to inflate WR stats.

Bottom line, he's not some irreplaceable weapon, and if they don't plan on giving him a big long term contract, it's better to get something in return than lose him for nothing.

• Upvote 1