MDL_JET

Pauline: Jets would consider trading Anderson if they can get 3rd rounder

5 hours ago, RoadFan said:

I followed Chris Henry's career for fantasy reasons.  Immense talent.  Same with Martavis Bryant.   And now Preston Williams.  Maybe a human element too... hoping they would/will overcome and succeed.

Henry was obviously a troubled kid, probably a bad kid to begin with.  But I have to mention that his autopsy showed he had CTE in multiple parts of his brain.  

4 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

All I’m going to say about Henry is, Carson loved the guy, cried like a baby when he died.  Carson is as stoic a man as they come, devoutly religious (he and his wife), and Chris lived with him and his family for a time.  Carson comes from a well to do family, so how much could they have in common?  

Yet, Carson loved the guy.

How the hell did this thread take a Chris Henry turn? 

I loved that man. He was baller and good kid, but mental health amongst other things did him in ( @T0mShane i wouldn't lump him in with the trash bags, he legit had some cognitive challenges) Anyway, true story, me and one of my homies have one for Henry every year in december

4 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Not sure, did you watch any jets games last season? Or the season before? Specifically when Robbie gave up on routes that led to interceptions and/or when he dropped game deciding touchdowns and first downs on uncontested passes or maybe completely being outclassed by actual good receivers on a weekly basis? Really which game should we talk about to really highlight my point??? Hmmm - it is so hard to pick just one.

I once too was a big Robbie supporter because I mistook being better than other jet receivers as proof of being good. Even taking the leap that just catching some lucky tosses one year with Fitz as that proof of being better than other WR wearing Green and white. The truth is he was neither. His inconsistent production is the first clue, but really watching him play you can't conclude him being good by any real demonstrative qualities.

My fav game last yeah was against Houston. He was out classed by Hopkins - I know who wouldn't he out class right? But Hopkins plays against less talented guys all the time but they don't give up plays all game nor do they drop game winning 4th quarter 4th down plays. Good player come through and don't get the dropsies.

Look Robbie is nothing special, and is nothing more than an unreliable deep threat with off field issues and no real passion for the game. 

Give me any value and I lose him 10 of 10 times.

Also Gase probably will feature and use guys he can rely on. Not Andersen

Oh and fumbles don't forget them either. Remember when he handed the ball of to the other team lol that was great. 

Maybe you forgot about all the games he lost us and plays he gave up because of the off field stuff, like threatening a cops wife with his happy juice, 

But I didn't. Neither did our GM. What is sad is we can't get value with him and just have to hope he gets better or at least will try this year. He does like the new uniform so there is that. Awesome

It’s funny your the only one claiming this . I’m remember Pryor and  lessee giving up on routes leading to interceptions . Robby not so much but the lie has to fit the agenda . I guess it’s something new instead of the same one 1 trick pony stuff.. 

So if the third round has so many promising receivers, who'd be on cheap contracts ... why would another team trade for Anderson rather than just pick one of these guys?

Only explanation would be that our GM and scouts are smarter than the other teams.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Idk why people are shocked Gase and Macc haven't come out and said that Robby isn't in their plans. He's still on the team and they're trying to trade him. Saying negative things about him only hurts their negotiating leverage. "But why would they say nice things about him?" (Whiny child's voice) 

The answer is simple, they're not idiots. You put it out to the media that he's an important part of the team and he can do more than just run vertical routes bc you want other teams to believe he's an integral part of your team. That way they know you're not going to give him away like the Steelers had to do with Brown.

This is all a part of negotiating. Make the people you're negotiating with believe they need to have what you're selling. Negotiating 101.

Any trade will probably happen on day 2 when a team misses out on a WR in the 2nd round of the draft.

7 hours ago, Paradis said:

I loved that man. He was baller and good kid, but mental health amongst other things did him in ( @T0mShane i wouldn't lump him in with the trash bags, he legit had some cognitive challenges) Anyway, true story, me and one of my homies have one for Henry every year in december

That’s fair. I shouldn’t minimize his psychological issues. I was reflexively responding to HelenofTroy saying Henry dies in a “tragic car accident,” which is like saying Nicole Brown Simpson died in a “tragic cutlery accident.”

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Jetster said:

I was shocked when the Bengals drafted this nutjob 😲 Because the Bengals have a stellar record regarding nutjobs & felons. I think in there minds they believe it's easy turn your life around in a sh*thole like Cincy. No crackheads here baby.

Obviously you've never been to Cincy.

Robbie has a lot to prove this Season. A lot of talk from Him about how he should have had this last season and gotten that. I wonder if the Jets keep him and he has a middle of the pack Season who will he blame it on then? He is one of the best of a very mediocre lot of WR's and until we see them play on the field this year they are mediocre so spare me the bullsh*t of how great they are.

I don't know how true this rumor about trading Robbie is but the very fact that there is one gives me pause when considering his value to the new Coaching Staff. Maybe Gase doesn't like him for his offense? Maybe he see's the one trick pony that a lot of us do? Anderson has done some talking this off-season and while the old OC was terrible it always sends up a red flag when guys blame those who are gone for their performance. I am indifferent when it comes to Robbie. He doesn't strike me as ever being the main guy and I'm thinking he never will be. The Jets are stocked with 2's and 3's and they are a dime a dozen. Robbie needs to step it up this year. Will he get that chance with the Jets? We will see but I won't lose any sleep if he is traded.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Paradis said:

I'm not convinced that CTE makes you drive drunk, assault people, get firearms charges, etc. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

I'm not convinced that CTE makes you drive drunk, assault people, get firearms charges, etc. 

There are supposedly forms of CTE that numb the frontal lobes and cause people to have no fear.  Dana White from the UFC and Roseanne Barr are supposedly examples of famous people with this condition 

11 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

If this were the case a trade for Andersen, why would Rotowire state the following:

Jets' Robby Anderson: Locked in for key role under Gase

Rotowire  APR 23, 2019

Coach Adam Gase believes the Jets can do more to get Anderson involved in a variety of ways, Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports.

Anderson has proven himself as a deep threat with career marks of 14.7 yards per catch and 8.0 per target, but the nature of his role combined with shaky quarterback play has made consistency elusive. While Gase seems to be hinting at a more dynamic role that allows Anderson to move around the formation, it will be tough to find snaps in the slot with Jamison Crowder, Quincy Enunwa and Le'Veon Bell all on the roster. The added competition for targets could easily be offset by improved efficiency, as Anderson turns 26 in May and quarterback Sam Darnold celebrates his 22nd birthday a month later. The two showed a strong connection late last season when Anderson caught 23 of 39 targets for 336 yards (8.6 YPT) and three touchdowns over the final four weeks.

The jets keep their best WR to help their young qb - what a concept!

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Yeah, this trade rumor doesn’t seem to make sense. I think Darnold really got comfortable with Robby last year. I wouldn’t be so quick to get rid of a guy like him.  He is a unique player on this offense, we don’t really have anybody else like him. Despite some of his limitations and faults he really provides a valuable capability on a team that looks to have some short / intermediate pass catchers now with Crowder, Herndon, Bell.  Robby takes the top off a defense. I’ve always thought his comparison in the league was DeSean Jackson and that’s a player who can change a game. 

In fact, that could be an interesting trivia question someday about who caught Sam Darnold‘s first NFL touchdown pass. 

I'd be disappointed if the Jets traded Anderson for a third. For all the people here (myself included, to a degree) who feel that the most important thing the Jets can do is to continue to develop Darnold, how does a third round pick help him more than Anderson? 

As you say, the Jets are suddenly loaded with short range targets. Herndon, Crowder, Bell, Montgomery, Burnett, even Enunwa, while Anderson is the only guy who can get deep with consistency. By all means take a WR between the third and fourth rounds, but get everything you can out of Anderson this year. 

One argument for trading him in this thread is an unwillingness to pay him $12M/year. If you think he's gonna get that on the open market in 2020, then get the season out of him that's gonna pay him that money and accept your 3rd-4th round comp in 2021 if you don't wanna be the team who pays him. 

• Like 1

Sad is the fact that we are discussing our so called #1 WR who was a UDFA and paying him $12 million a year and discussing drafting a DT with our #3 pick. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

There are supposedly forms of CTE that numb the frontal lobes and cause people to have no fear.  Dana White from the UFC and Roseanne Barr are supposedly examples of famous people with this condition 

Maybe. But he had issues since at least his rookie year. I'm unsure about college. 

As for Anderson, he's a knucklehead in the last year of his contract that is incredibly overrated by Jets fans. 50 catches, 94 targets. 

• Upvote 4

Only thing that makes sense here, IF the report has any credence, is that the Jets have decided  that Anderson has to many off field issues to risk giving a big long term contract to.

A lot of us hope he has turned a corner in his behavior because he hasn't been arrested in a year.  Perhaps the people that see him every day don't think he is done with his erratic behavior, and want to get some value for him before he walks.

the Jets are run by morons

(and that includes Adam Gase)

everyone around here has their hopes up way too high 

just cause they changed the laundry doesn't mean they are going to win a ton of games

this team won 4 games last year 

again... the team is run by morons. a committee of message board posters, drafting and signing free agents with only copies of USA today as reference material could do better. 

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

just cause they changed the laundry doesn't mean they are going to win a ton of games

again... the team is run by morons. a committee of message board posters, drafting and signing free agents with only copies of USA today as reference material could do better. 

Yea sure.  At one time I thought you were an excellent poster.  

There is definitely an established way of doing things in the NFL.  On top of that the Jets, Johnsons and Mac are going to be conservative about money. 

They will bring in players who have had behavioral issues, but not give them real money-like ASJ.   Give them a prove it deal, get the play, and move on.

I can't see the Johnsons giving Robbie a long-term contract for real money, but let's be real.  Robbie has put up good numbers-he could get a contract for 8 figures.  It just depends how long, and how much is guaranteed.  

The Jets are still short of receivers.  The smart answer would have been to give him a front-loaded two year contract for real money, 2/3's guaranteed.   Real money would be a bit lower than Quincy.  That would help the team, because we really don't have a replacement yet, and we are unlikely to get one unless Mac swings at WRs instead of OL, and that will create other issues.  

In the absence of that, the writing would appear to be that this is Robbie's last year here, either because the Jets don't want to risk it or he does not fit in Gase' system.  But it is very Mac-sy to write and live with guys on the last year of their contracts.   If a team thinks that a player is in their mid-term future, they should never let them play on the last year of their contract.   When taking into account larger numbers, nothing really good comes from it.  

7 minutes ago, Dupe said:

Yea sure.  At one time I thought you were an excellent poster.  

thanks for your opinion 96 post person under a throw away account

get boned 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I don’t disagree that the team has not been run well, but last year‘s 4 wins are in the past.  In 2019, the Jets will be fielding a roster that’s about 1/3 different than last year and coached by new people on both sides of the ball with new schemes. If there isn’t hope now then there never will be.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I don’t disagree that the team has not been run well, but last year‘s 4 wins are in the past.  In 2019, the Jets will be fielding a roster that’s about 1/3 different than last year and coached by new people on both sides of the ball with new schemes. If there isn’t hope now then there never will be.

i get it. everyone just bought spanky black jerseys and want to feel good about it

but it's a con and the latest proof is they want to trade Robby Anderson for a 3rd rounder rather than pay him 

they are not capable of making good decisions and they aren't really committed to winning 

it's about selling things in the offseason (tickets, merch) cause when the games are actually on TV the demand won't go up 

everything they do is short term even the Bell move... it will be shocking and scary when Jamal and Sam need deals 

7 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

It’s funny your the only one claiming this . I’m remember Pryor and  lessee giving up on routes leading to interceptions . Robby not so much but the lie has to fit the agenda . I guess it’s something new instead of the same one 1 trick pony stuff.. 

So Houston didn't happen or the other game crushing drops and fumbles that took us out of at least 2 or three games? I mean his lack of production contributed losing all the games but a couple he was the catalyst that ended out chances.

But that didn't happen cause you can't tell the difference between a good receiver and just better than Peake. Gotcha.

15 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

So Houston didn't happen or the other game crushing drops and fumbles that took us out of at least 2 or three games? I mean his lack of production contributed losing all the games but a couple he was the catalyst that ended out chances.

But that didn't happen cause you can't tell the difference between a good receiver and just better than Peake. Gotcha.

What great Wide Receivers has Macagnan drafted that make you think he can upgrade over Robby with a third rd pick?

Just now, Philc1 said:

What great Wide Receivers has Macagnan drafted that make you think he can upgrade over Robby with a third rd pick?

None 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Just cause he missed doesn't mean he can't hit. But that also doesn't mean Robbie is good. His play speaks for itself. Much rather get draft capital from a foolish team and have a chance on someone with upside. Insert rookie with speed boom already better that Robbie based on upside and possibility alone.

We missed in RB and QB guess we should not have got Bell or Darnold right? 

• Butt Fumble 1

I would just keep him. He seems to have a good connection with Sam. Quincy is always hurt and there isn't much risk vs Robby's upside. I am not a big fan, his helmet throwing and off the field antics will always be a concern. But he is worth the risk because wideout isn't a huge position of strength and Macc doesn't seem to be able to draft them. So hang on to him and ride it out, especially if you are only getting a 3rd back.

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Only thing that makes sense here, IF the report has any credence, is that the Jets have decided  that Anderson has to many off field issues to risk giving a big long term contract to.

A lot of us hope he has turned a corner in his behavior because he hasn't been arrested in a year.  Perhaps the people that see him every day don't think he is done with his erratic behavior, and want to get some value for him before he walks.

50 CATCHES 94 TARGETS. Maybe thats why they don't want to pay him? Maybe that coupled with those behavior issues is a major factor why they don't want to pay him? It would give me pause that's for sure.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PCP63 said:

Maybe, maybe not... Having clinical psychological issues however, can. It's my field of work, so I feel like I can say that with some degree of authority. 

26 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I would just keep him. He seems to have a good connection with Sam. Quincy is always hurt and there isn't much risk vs Robby's upside. I am not a big fan, his helmet throwing and off the field antics will always be a concern. But he is worth the risk because wideout isn't a huge position of strength and Macc doesn't seem to be able to draft them. So hang on to him and ride it out, especially if you are only getting a 3rd back.

Does he though? 

Big picture, it would be smarter to keep Anderson for 1 more year, unless we get a trade offer nearing a 2nd rnd pick (we can discuss whether it's worth paying him long term elsewhere)... but this notion that he and Sam are on the same page --  I would challenge that. 

2 hours ago, slats said:

I'd be disappointed if the Jets traded Anderson for a third. For all the people here (myself included, to a degree) who feel that the most important thing the Jets can do is to continue to develop Darnold, how does a third round pick help him more than Anderson? 

THIS.

it;s in the AS IF! category...  as if the Jets would draft someone thats gonna match that production and take the ytop off the D..?  smfh

On 4/23/2019 at 2:05 PM, MDL_JET said:

Just seems stupid to ship off one of our better WRs before we see what he can do in Sams 2nd year and under Gase. 

I know. Why in the world would they take a weapon away from Sam. Need to be adding to that list, not subtracting!

Mac has used this off-season trying to unf*ck this team once and for all. He upgraded a few positions lacking talent. He also confessed (via his actions)that Darron Lee was a mistake and immediately upgraded the position. 

Robbie Anderson is a kid that Mac knew close to nothing about other than he saw something and took a chance on him. I doubt he knew much about how mentally stable he may or may not have been? He's a decent player, but certainly not great. He also never really caught chemistry with Sammy the way people would have thought. 

Now throw in the fact that Mac has added a few very nice pieces to Sam's arsenal in Crowder and Bell. These guys will catch chemistry with Sammy like a duck takes to water.

Why not rid yourself of all of your problems in one fail swoop?

Anderson will only become more and more of a problem as times goes on. When you listen to him talk, that's the only logical conclusion you could arrive at. Like I saisd, he has 10 cent brain.

A 3rd rounder for a time bomb is exceptional value given his antics. I would take it and run. Besides, it's not like this would be a costly loss. He never had great chemistry with Sammy and the draft is tomorrow. We could find equivalent value with a 3rd rounder with relative ease minus the trouble.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

A sad story about a troubled player, Chris Henry on the Bengals.  Carson loved the guy, tried to help him, Chris even lived with Carson and his family for awhile. 

He died in a tragic accident, devastated Carson and his teammates. Robbie could use the support and leadership from this team, he appears to be trying to change his life around, and he’s a good player, one that is developing with Sam.

Yeah, thought you meant Carson had some crazy incident