Ed Oliver to Jets talk is a smokescreen

1 minute ago, derp said:

Amount of eyeliner Peter Schrager uses O/U amount of eyeliner Kay Adams uses?

There was some NFL show on ESPN the other day where they made all the hosts stand up the whole time and, in one segment, they threw red challenge flags at the camera and dropped some of the most idiotic hot takes you’ve ever heard and it took me a second to realize that this wasn’t a parody thing.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

The Oliver thing is clearly a smokescreen - under Mac we're very, very good at keeping a lid on leaks. Seems bizarre that suddenly everyone knows we love Oliver, unless we're trying to play it like that. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I know some of y'all like Bosa, Allen, and Oliver, but if we end up drafting Quinnen, I will be very excited.   No disrespect to anybody.....

giphy.gif&key=a19fcc184b9711e1b4764040d3

Which of the 4 bama dlineman blowing past a&M olineman is he in that clip?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

It will be Quinnen Williams because that is the only 'safe' choice that I will be utterly pissed off that we make.

Trade down - good

Draft pass rushing olb - okay with it.

Draft a true disruptive move around guy like Oliver - well, at least it is not the worst case scenario.

Draft Q Williams. - F it.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

I tend to believe everything I hear the two weeks leading up to the draft. 

It's when you'll get the most truthful info.

There is a lot of very solid information that breaks late. And it tends to be binary and spoon-fed the way people like it. There is also a lot of misinformation. Obviously.

I think we can do better than just giving up on being able to tell the difference.

My preference is an edge rusher OR a trade down where Mac gets legit value to move down.

I am not a fan of another interior lineman but it seems everyone -Pro footbal Focus, Daniel Jeremiah, CBS Sports, Kiper, McShay - all have Q. Williams as one of the top two players in this draft.

Unlike many here on JN who pour over player game tapes, I haven’t watched any tape on Williams but can this kid be an elite 3-4 defensive end? If we end up with him I fu$kin hope so. 

1 minute ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

It isn't really a matter of legit or not, is it? He's not really going out on a limb. If we're going on the assumption that it's Murray-Bosa, of course Williams should be everyone's projection for Maccagnan and there is nothing about it to discuss.

I will add that it's going to be really disheartening if they correctly identified Oliver as the pick to threaten in order to keep trade interest propped up and then turn around and take Williams anyway.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I will add that it's going to be really disheartening if they correctly identified Oliver as the pick to threaten in order to keep trade interest propped up and then turn around and take Williams anyway.

This sounds the most Maccagnan. Where the hell is Williams going to play? They moving Leo?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This sounds the most Maccagnan. Where the hell is Williams going to play? They moving Leo?

This was a trend that got bucked a little with the LWilliams pick in the first place. Ordinarily there is a departed starter or other clear path for the first rounder to start right away. Obviously that would not be the case for QWilliams. Oliver would be an interesting spot as far as this goes but if GWilliams couldn't get the best player on the team on the field for as many snaps as possible they wouldn't have let him draft him.

• Sympathy 1