Ed Oliver to Jets talk is a smokescreen

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Looking at the general reaction on Twitter (for what that means) I would say 70-30 in favor of the "pussy" pick

That's what makes it the pussy pick. I'm sure Maccagnan is comfortable with where he is. Just like I'm comfortable thinking the obvious pick is what everybody else thinks is controversial. Different approaches.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

In everyone's opinion. It's the pussy pick. Maccagnan makes the pussy pick. This is not good but nor is it bad. One entirely valid approach to the draft is mitigating risk everywhere you possibly can, and not straying too far from the wisdom of crowds is a part of that. Of course this is not his actual philosophy outside of the first round so it shouldn't be the guiding consideration there either.

100% spot on. the fat guy that runs fast is the default pick for the spineless GM afraid to make a decision 

Out of curiosity, and because I've got no memory, what was the concensus on Leo going into 2015, draft? Similar thoughts to Quinnen, in so far as they thought he was unblockable game disrupter? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, morny said:

Out of curiosity, and because I've got no memory, what was the concensus on Leo going into 2015, draft? Similar thoughts to Quinnen, in so far as they thought he was unblockable game disrupter? 

I don't think anybody who was actually paying attention thought that. He has always been a read and react player.

5 minutes ago, morny said:

http://www.nfl.com/player/leonardwilliams/2552486/combine

See, like this. I understand all of it except how it equals the broad consensus best player in that draft.

27 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Also, same as LWilliams and Adams, he's the one who is where he is on boards because everybody says so and not for reasons I have seen articulated or understand.

Bizzare. Not sure how this takes hold, just dumb luck that our idiot GM continues to have talking head consensus guys fall into his lap that everyone else passed on

31 minutes ago, morny said:

Mel Kipers of the world said potential best player in the draft, numbers said mediocre athlete and  jag. 

Mac said yas give me some draft monkey lurve

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

Mel Kipers of the world said potential best player in the draft, numbers said mediocre athlete and  jag. 

Mac said yas give me some draft monkey lurve

Beyond that. Anonymous scout had compared him to Reggie White coming out. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Also, same as LWilliams and Adams, he's the one who is where he is on boards because everybody says so and not for reasons I have seen articulated or understand.

Speaking of which, did we ever see the agility numbers for Quinnen Williams or will that be like a surprise?

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

In everyone's opinion. It's the pussy pick. Maccagnan makes the pussy pick. This is not good but nor is it bad. One entirely valid approach to the draft is mitigating risk everywhere you possibly can, and not straying too far from the wisdom of crowds is a part of that. Of course this is not his actual philosophy outside of the first round so it shouldn't be the guiding consideration there either.

Have no idea why you sent this to me over a post I made to Tom that Schrager is a talking head on the Good Morning Football morning show on the NFLN.  

And I don't agree that drafting LW, widely considered the best player in the draft is a pussy pick, if that's what you're saying.  Nice way to twist the draft to fit your agenda, yes.  Pussy move, lol, ok

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Speaking of which, did we ever see the agility numbers for Quinnen Williams or will that be like a surprise?

Doubtful. Dont think he ever ran them. His first step/quickness do look significantly better than Williams coming out though.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

He does, but so does Henry Anderson’s lol

Valid. This sucks. It feels like Williams now. If we're going for safe cant miss hell just take Hockenson and he's your starting TE for the next 10 seasons and can at least put the ball in the endzone.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Valid. This sucks. It feels like Williams now. If we're going for safe cant miss hell just take Hockenson and he's your starting TE for the next 10 seasons and can at least put the ball in the endzone.

Do you believe that the Jets would fore a trade to avoid that possibility

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Do you believe that the Jets would fore a trade to avoid that possibility

Why? No one's trading up for Quinnen Williams and it seems unlikely anyone is bullish on Haskins Lock Duke guy.

Hockenson's projected top 15. He wont bust. We have two DT's making decent money. It's a bit outside the box, but Williams is Leonard 2.0. The concept of a reach when you're not taking a QB in round 1 is silly at this point.

Maybe they get the trade down after all. It’s likely Heimerdinger is tasked with that part, so maybe he pulls it off. It’d be tough to draft Q. Williams, then wait until Round Three to draft a CB and maybe a WR(?), and then spend the whole summer hearing about Gregg Williams finding a way to get Quinnen, Leonard, and Anderson on the field at the same time. It’s just boring, which is not the return you expect when you tank a season to get the third pick. 

• Upvote 1

Why? No one's trading up for Quinnen Williams and it seems unlikely anyone is bullish on Haskins Lock Duke guy.

Hockenson's projected top 15. He wont bust. We have two DT's making decent money. It's a bit outside the box, but Williams is Leonard 2.0. 

It’s YOLO stupid, but they could do the same with DK Metcalf and pray to God he stays healthy 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

It’s YOLO stupid, but they could do the same with DK Metcalf and pray to God he stays healthy 

Maccagnan wont do it. But if the rationale is safe, "cant miss"  maybe at least consider the one guy on offense in this draft that qualifies instead of taking DT for the 58th time. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Maccagnan wont do it. But if the rationale is safe, "cant miss"  maybe at least consider the one guy on offense in this draft that qualifies instead of taking DT for the 58th time. 

I agree. And you’d get the added bonus of drafting a player who will score TDs, which would be novel

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Have no idea why you sent this to me over a post I made to Tom that Schrager is a talking head on the Good Morning Football morning show on the NFLN.  

Because even a talking head on good morning footballmerica is capable of telling you that QWilliams is the chalk pick for Maccagnan. Yeah, he's an idiot. But so what. It doesn't take a genius.

Also you seem to be having this weird issue with the whole message board thing. Not everything that is said in response to one of your posts is intended as the initiation of a personal conversation with you.

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I agree. And you’d get the added bonus of drafting a player who will score TDs, which would be novel

Vegas book apparently took taking "No" for Murray going 1 off the board, which could be best case here for Jets and saving Maccagnan from himself. If Quinnen is gone- then it has to be Oliver right? Keim is arguably worse than Maccagnan.

2 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

That is both proprietary and ambiguous. I don't know why you're talking to me.

????????

Not everything that is said in response to one of your posts is intended as the initiation of a personal conversation with you.

Vegas book apparently took taking "No" for Murray going 1 off the board, which could be best case here for Jets and saving Maccagnan from himself. If Quinnen is gone- then it has to be Oliver right? Keim is arguably worse than Maccagnan.

I’m missing what that first part means: that Vegas is locked in for Murray going 1?

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Montez Sweat. Going to drop because of medical issues( no team taking him in top five probably top 10.    If he makes it to 24 , he will be a Raider. 

If Bosa goes number 1 Josh Allen will go two. Now what do the Jets do. q Williams .

Bills will take sweat if he is there. He's not falling to 10 or to 15.