Draft Trade Rumors

10 minutes ago, varjet said:

Keim is an idiot.  For the team picking first-jerk around some kid to create draft noise?

Look at the up and coming QBs in the NFL today.  The GMs who drafted many of them are no longer employed.

This is where Keim and Mac are going.  

I think this is 100% the NFL telling the Cards that they can't have a Mario Williams situation where they had a contract and Mario signing before the draft even started. Murray is the pick... everything else is smoke

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

We're building for the future. As much of a beast Miller is..... his career is coming to an end in the not too distant future.

Which is exactly why you make the crazy move when Sams on a rookie deal! You add an elite edge rusher, Dillard/Jonah/Bradbury at 10, CB at #68, Riley Ridley at 93 and this teams ready to compete for a playoff spot if you ask me. I'm a big fan of using #3 to add veteran players as well. If we trade with WAS I want Scherff,Miller if we go with Denver +picks obviously. 

• Upvote 1

If Arizona is truly passing on Murray, wow, what a break for the Jets. Assuming the 49ers don't pick either and they do not trade out of the #2 slot, the Jets should have a multitude of potential trade partners.

So we have:

Raiders

Giants (least likely)

Denver

Cincy

Redskins

I can't see the Jets dropping past 15, and if they do make a deal, if all QBs are available at the 3rd slot, part of the trade HAS to include a #1 pick for 2020; especially if they drop in this year's first round in the 10-15th pick range.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Dick move if he winds up taking Murray. That happens, I'll root for Q to rip Kyler's head off (figuratively). 

31 minutes ago, choon328 said:

They must already have offers

There is no doubt. 

15 minutes ago, varjet said:

How do the New York/New Jersey/Long Island Jets pass up drafting Tony Accardo’s great-grandson? 

How many Bosa jersey’s to they sell to this fan base?  

I think in the movie Untouchables they had DeNiro as Capone beating someone with a baseball bat, but in reality that was Accardo working for Capone.

Some of us aren't Italian? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

Kingsbury has been gushing about Rosen, and now Keim is reaching out to only Quinnen Williams.

I smell defense with the first overall pick.

Quinnen Williams at #1 is the best possible scenario for the Jets IMO. Leaves the 2 best edge rushers available and QBs that someone may want to trade up for. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I think this is 100% the NFL telling the Cards that they can't have a Mario Williams situation where they had a contract and Mario signing before the draft even started. Murray is the pick... everything else is smoke

That is literally how every draft went until they put the rookie wage scale place

Getting the paper bags ready!

Get er' done McCoffee!

Vernon Gholston, DE/LB, Ohio State, 2008., Blair Thomas, RB, Penn State, 1990, Johnny “Lam” Jones, WR, Texas, 1980, Roger Vick, FB, Texas A&M, 1987, 1987, Kyle Brady, TE, Penn State, 1995, Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama, 2013, Dewayne Robertson, DT, Kentucky, 2003

instagramcapture_37c4a590-7be2-4d53-942c-2a57460e60b3.jpg

2 minutes ago, 7561526667 said:

If Arizona is truly passing on Murray, wow, what a break for the Jets. Assuming the 49ers don't pick either and they do not trade out of the #2 slot, the Jets should have a multitude of potential trade partners.

So we have:

Raiders

Giants (least likely)

Denver

Cincy

Redskins

I can't see the Jets dropping past 15, and if they do make a deal, if all QBs are available at the 3rd slot, part of the trade HAS to include a #1 pick for 2020; especially if they drop in this year's first round in the 10-15th pick range.

TBH I worry that if that happens and Mac is being inundated with trade calls from teams he will panic and end up not getting the pick in on time!!

It's happened before and we are the Jets after-all!!

14 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

To get buzz and smoke screen that they are not taking Murray, which of course they are... NFL has just told the cards they have to tone down the speculations to bring more eyes to the actual draft broadcast... 

Stop buttfumbling people for no reason idiot. You've been going crazy with that all over these threads. Grow the **** up

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Another good scenario for the Jets. If they trade to #1 for Bosa and the Cardinals go to #4 the Jets could use the Cardinals as leverage against any team who wants Murray.

if bosa/Q go 1/2 the jets should be able to trade out - and if not they're still deciding b/t oliver and allen.

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Another good scenario for the Jets. If they trade to #1 for Bosa and the Cardinals go to #4 the Jets could use the Cardinals as leverage against any team who wants Murray.

Raiders trading Khalil Mack for a haul that you ultimately give up to draft Nick Bosa would make me exceptionally happy.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Stop buttfumbling people for no reason idiot. You've been going crazy with that all over these threads. Grow the **** up

I’m of the opinion that there is nothing more pathetic than ‘buttfumbling’ a post, maybe if you are 11 years old....maybe!

otherwise, embarrassing.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports the Bills could trade up to No. 3 overall with the intention of selecting Alabama DT Quinnen Williams.

The Jets own the No. 3 pick. La Canfora's report is via "two general managers." Ace beat writer Joe Buscaglia "wouldn't doubt it." The Bills own the No. 9 pick, meaning any move would be extremely expensive. Sean McDermott and Brandon Beane have established an extremely aggressive culture, however. It is something to watch for.

Just now, BroadwayRay said:

If there's a mathematician among us who can figure out the maximum number of draft deals possible, I'm pretty sure the "analysts" have tweeted out rumors of 99 percent of the total by now.

The Bills would have to pay a ton to get that pick

• Upvote 1

The Jets 100% have offers already. But it would have to be a trade when the Jets are on the clock because no GM is trading to 3 in this draft until they see who goes 1-2. We made the move last year not for a specific player but for the right to draft 1 of the top 3 QBs.

And in years past teams trade to 1 or 2. But sitting at 3 and this years 1-2 not a slam dunk, no GM would make a move to 3 until the Jets are on the clock.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

TBH I worry that if that happens and Mac is being inundated with trade calls from teams he will panic and end up not getting the pick in on time!!

It's happened before and we are the Jets after-all!!

If things work out like this, McCagnan will long for the days when the first round was 15 minutes per selection. And even then, I remember when the Vikings took up their entire allotted time in round one and were jumped by Jacksonville.

At least the Jets have never done that!

Idk if anyone should trust Casserly but he literally just said, "Haskins, big surprise coming tonight....". They asked him what it was and he said, "If I knew it I'd tell you". Then said it's not fake but that he hasn't gotten the second half of the story. This ******* guy lol

On 4/24/2019 at 8:48 AM, TeddEY said:

I'm not opposed to trading down.  I'm opposed to trading down and taking a center in the 1st round.  I've said before, I have no interest in having the best center in the NFL.  Invest elsewhere.  Center is a place where we will be more than fine just being okay.

I think you are underrating the position.