Draft Trade Rumors

I am off the williams train and on the oliver train.

williams is risky being a one year wonder on a stacked team that had an offense that burned up the clock.

i can see him coming here and getting winded after we go 3 and out again and again and no other defensive talent next to him. Youve heard this all before but Im thinking a guy in olivers situation might pan out better for us

43 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You are the one that doesn't remember, but you are accusing others of changing the narrative?  I remember having a similar argument with some numbnuts who claimed Abraham was never injured badly enough to require surgery.  Turns out he had something like 9 during his NFL career. 

Ok, I'm changing the narrative?  How's that?  Let's start with I wasn't sure which injury was the playoff game, which wasn't.  He was injured.  Didn't need surgery.  Regardless, it was a bad stomach, if you want I'll pull up one of the many articles saying just that.  Sorry you have some kind of crush on JA and want to change ththe narrative of that game in Oakland.  Or that he was injured for big parts of 2 of his 4 seasons with the Jets.  

35 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Snyder has gone rogue. He saw all of the success the young QB's had last year and all of the excitement it brought each Franchise and he wants a piece of that. Hopefully the Jets take advantage of the situation.

I personally think the 49ers are sticking at 2. Pairing Bosa with Dee Ford with Buckner on the line would be tremendous for them. Now let's just hope the Cardinals take Williams #1.

I understand that there is a saying in Alabama to the effect of "thank G-d for Mississippi," because otherwise Alabama would be the most backward State in the Union.  That it is also very good at football is another story.

In Jets-land, we say "thank G-D for Snyder," because otherwise the Johnsons would be the worst owner in the NFL.  

Look at what the Chiefs and Oilers did to move up.  I agree that 15 may be too low to get a QB, but I would think 8-15 gets you someone decent.  

• Upvote 1

Most of the trades we never hear chatter about before hand (bears and SF, Jets and colts) so this could all be chatter to make people drop and overdraft qbs., Rather than true rumors.   Redskins probably called to know prices, but it seems that the price for 3 may be too expensive.

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Ok, I'm changing the narrative?  How's that?  Let's start with I wasn't sure which injury was the playoff game, which wasn't.  He was injured.  Didn't need surgery.  Regardless, it was a bad stomach, if you want I'll pull up one of the many articles saying just that.  Sorry you have some kind of crush on JA and want to change ththe narrative of that game in Oakland.  Or that he was injured for big parts of 2 of his 4 seasons with the Jets.  

What the **** are you even talking about?  They were both the playoffs. The "bad stomach" game he played about a half.  The takeaway for you and much of this board is that he is a dog.  What it should be is that with him sick, the Jets couldn't stop the Raiders, or maybe that Curtis Martin fumbles in the playoffs.  The other games he didn't play.  He was out with a significant knee injury for weeks before the playoffs even started, but Serby or some other douche that didn't like him blasted him in the press because he mentioned that he was concerned with permanent damage to his knee.  

11 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Would you take Trent Williams or Scherff in a package with the Redskins second rounder this year to move down to 15? 

I suggested this on twitter earlier I’d 100% take #15,46 and Scherff for #3. In fact i don’t want to trade with them unless Scherff is in the deal. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

What the **** are you even talking about?  They were both the playoffs. The "bad stomach" game he played about a half.  The takeaway for you and much of this board is that he is a dog.  What it should be is that with him sick, the Jets couldn't stop the Raiders, or maybe that Curtis Martin fumbles in the playoffs.  The other games he didn't play.  He was out with a significant knee injury for weeks before the playoffs even started, but Serby or some other douche that didn't like him blasted him in the press because he mentioned that he was concerned with permanent damage to his knee.  

No the takeaway is you have no fu'king idea what you're talking about and jumped into something for no reason.  You decided I was giving someone a hard time when I wasn't.  

Abraham played less than 20 snaps in that game btw, with a stomach issue.  They lost 10-7.  He went out, the pass rush was gone and Gannon to Rice killed the Jets.  CM, over 100 yard on 15 or so carries, yes one fumble.  

15 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Would you take Trent Williams or Scherff in a package with the Redskins second rounder this year to move down to 15? 

The problem with this is you are taking on another massive contract when you could get 5 on rookie contracts, so for that reason alone I wouldn't do it. 

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

How did this become a Jon Abraham argument thread? 

THEY ARE ALL JOHN ABRAHAM ARGUMENT THREADS!!!

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

No the takeaway is you have no fu'king idea what you're talking about and jumped into something for no reason.  You decided I was giving someone a hard time when I wasn't.  

Well, you have me there.  I certainly have no ******* idea what you are talking about or who I thought you were giving a hard time. 

• Post of the Week 1

On 4/23/2019 at 3:59 PM, MindOverMatter said:

Trading back with Washington is as far back as i'd be willing to drop. It would sting not picking one of the top defensive studs but @ 15 you could still get an Edge, OT, CB, WR...all these positions potentially could help the team more than one of the DT's or Josh Allen.

Get the feeling that Jets are staying put @ 3 and taking Allen or Williams.

Same. It's gonna be Allen unless the Jets get a massive haul. Washington is just crazy enough to do it. Would involve the 15th pick, their second rounder and next year's first rounder AT LEAST, but probably more. I could see Dillard being there at 15. Wouldn't mind that. Maybe Burns falls to 15. Murphy is another possibility. And of course, if the Jets like him enough, Bradbury. Not a good spot to take a WR, IMO. 

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

Same. It's gonna be Allen unless the Jets get a massive haul. Washington is just crazy enough to do it. Would involve the 15th pick, their second rounder and next year's first rounder AT LEAST, but probably more. I could see Dillard being there at 15. Wouldn't mind that. Maybe Burns falls to 15. Murphy is another possibility. And of course, if the Jets like him enough, Bradbury. Not a good spot to take a WR, IMO. 

There are already reports of Snyders planning to do something stupid like trade up for Haskins or Murray if he falls.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, PepPep said:

That's good enough IMO to pull the trigger. You can still get a good player on the OL, TE, DE whatever at 15.

Their 1 next year could be another top 15 pick. And now you can pick in the 2nd. Sign me up. No need to get greedy unless they're begging you.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Ok, I’ll defer to you because I just don’t have the knowledge I think you do on this subject, but with regard to Jonah Williams, the analysis I heard totally contradicts what Alexander said with the same analyst saying that Bradbury has ALL the attributes you’d hope Williams would have, but he doesn’t and is “overrated”.

Who is right? Alexander or the guy I heard?  I don’t know.

But let’s just hope Maccagnan is sent down the amount of luck from the heavens he was sent  last year, because with that guy “luck” is the best thing to root for.

Then again I think I’m asking for too much now, the Franchise QB was delivered in spades last year, all I want for the Jets this year is an upgrade to the Oline, to continue protecting the prize...small steps, don’t want to jinx anything.  They don’t have to be All Pro, just serious quality.

Many playoff runs begin this year, finding a dominant Pass-rusher, even at the top of the draft is almost as difficult as being in position to draft a Sam Darnold, hope the Jets don’t roll the dice too hard...Trade down, build that Oline.

Well to be completely honest, I'm on the newer side to trying to evaluate a little deeper than just being a fan. There are some guys on here that I like to read too, but overall I am a novice. OL and DL happen to be my areas of the most interest though. It's the most fun for me.  Especially this season because of our needs and the deep DL, Edge rushers in the draft. 

I hear ya, it seems like there are an equal amount of analysts who see things from the opposite perspective. Who the hell do you trust? lol  The guy Paul Alexander was an OL coach for 30 years and a very respected OL evaluator in the league. I like him. 

Anyway, I would not be crushed if we took an edge rusher in the first, but I'm really hoping for OL with our first two picks. That would be what I do. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, TeddEY said:

I think it's fairly obvious that great pass rusher vs. average pass rusher is a much more meaningful difference than great center vs. average center.

I don't see that as obvious AT ALL. I personally believe that sacks are a hugely overrated stat in the modern game.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

THEY ARE ALL JOHN ABRAHAM ARGUMENT THREADS!!!

Well, you have me there.  I certainly have no ******* idea what you are talking about or who I thought you were giving a hard time. 

It's so ******* weird. Like you reply to one of his posts as a jumping off point and he's like I beg your pardon are we acquainted.

14 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Keep those "Raiders want a QB" rumors going

How about this scenario:  We trade with Raider from 3 to 3 for their high second pick after Arizona passes on Murray, then trade with Washington for 15, their second and their first and second this year so they can take Haskins. At 15 we select Dillard, then use our fourth and Raiders second to get into bottom of first for McCoy or Bradbury. 

36 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Then so therefore the players we pay to prevent them to at least the same extent. You guys and your philosophies.

No its not equal. Say you draft an edge and he adds 5 sacks, but adding a really good OLineman not only decreases number of sacks, it also makes the four other lineman more effective, and also dramatically increases the effectiveness of the running game. In todays NFL OL is way more important than DL, EDGE or pretty much anything on defense, only behind QB in terms of importance to team performance IMO

7 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

No its not equal. Say you draft an edge and he adds 5 sacks, but adding a really good OLineman not only decreases number of sacks, it also makes the four other lineman more effective, and also dramatically increases the effectiveness of the running game. In todays NFL OL is way more important than DL, EDGE or pretty much anything on defense, only behind QB in terms of importance to team performance IMO

And that is also not true. 

Is the offense important now?  Yes.  But so is defense.

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It’s either Williams or hopefully a trade. Williams going to the Jets is about 90% certain imo. I don’t even know who else Maccagnan would take there. Allen potentially I guess. I doubt Oliver is even being considered. 

Could you be more specific with your Williams’s

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I don't see that as obvious AT ALL. I personally believe that sacks are a hugely overrated stat in the modern game.

You can see it however you like...  But, the highest paid center makes less than the 20th highest paid edge rusher.

So, what you see doesn't line up with what the NFL sees AT ALL.

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Then so therefore the players we pay to prevent them to at least the same extent. You guys and your philosophies.

TIL:

Sacks are not important. But preventing sacks, are in fact important. 

Pass-rusher is no longer a premium position in the NFL. But the positions tasked at countering those players are in fact, important. 

A truly elite offensive tackle can make his entire offensive line better, while at the same time negating the players we've already chalked up as not important. Even an elite pass-rusher, cannot make his defensive line better either.....