Draft Trade Rumors

1 hour ago, MindOverMatter said:

There's no way the Jets pass an offer like this up. This trade gives us 4 3rd round picks which would allow Mac to move into the 2nd for a C or any other position that drops, or just stay put and finally sprinkle talent all over this deprived roster. 

It would also be fun to root for the Redskins to suck, there's a good chance they can be a top 15 pick next year.

no chance this type of compensation for the trade you are outlining

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the NYJ turn down two firsts and two seconds (at a minimum) to instead draft Nick Bosa, they are fools. That's like saying some team would trade 2 1sts and 2 2nds for Bosa who wasn't played a

Metcalf probably scares me more than anyone else scheduled to go in the first round. 

Consider this. The Rams traded with the Titans to go from 15 to 1. This is what the trade parameters were: Titans trade: #1 Overall 4th round pick 6th round pick Rams trade

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If we got a 2nd rounder for Lee I'll dance naked in my living room.  (Blinds may or may not be drawn for the mental health of the neighbours.)

Your neighbor told me you did that the other night when the Flames got knocked out.😎

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Draft picks in future years would be hard for Mac to accept, because he knows that unless he makes the team much better this year, he will not be using those picks next year. 

So he may think he is better off with the best player he can get this year.  

Because Mac is effectively a lame duck, his interests are not aligned with the rest of Jets. 

Unfortunately Darnold bought him at least 2 more years

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Good place to put this rumor: 

Jets have received a trade Offer from the Houston Texans that would bring Jadeveon Clowney and the 23rd pick to New York, for the #3rd pick. Another scenario involves Darron Lee in the deal and they would offer a 2nd round pick as well. 

Source?

3 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

Trading back with Washington is as far back as i'd be willing to drop. It would sting not picking one of the top defensive studs but @ 15 you could still get an Edge, OT, CB, WR...all these positions potentially could help the team more than one of the DT's or Josh Allen.

Get the feeling that Jets are staying put @ 3 and taking Allen or Williams.

the Edge defenders I like (i.e. Sweat) will be gone by 15.  I don't regard Burns or Ferell as much.  If we trade back to 15 and Sweat is there, then great.  But if it comes to either Burns/Ferell, then give me Dillard, Ford or Taylor right there and we'll put some of the draft capital together obtained from washington and move up for another pass rusher.  

4 hours ago, choon328 said:

Consider this. The Rams traded with the Titans to go from 15 to 1. This is what the trade parameters were:

Titans trade:

#1 Overall

4th round pick

6th round pick

Rams trade

2016 #15 overall

2016 2nd round pick (43)

2016 2nd round pick (45)

2016 3rd round pick (76)

2017 1st round pick

2017 3rd round pick

I would assume this would be a starting off point for a Jets/Redskins trade. It would have to be something like:

Redskins Trade

2019 1st Round Pick (15)

2019 2nd round pick (46)

2019 3rd round pick (76)

2019 3rd round pick (96)

2020 1st round pick

Jets Trade 

2019 1st round pick (3)

2019 6th round pick (196)

I approve 

8 minutes ago, 7561526667 said:

From Incarcerated Bob:

Jets have two “Substantial” offers to move back from #3 overall.

No decision yet from Jets GM he might wait to see who’s still on board once on the clock. #NFLDraft

Lol

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, 7561526667 said:

From Incarcerated Bob:

Jets have two “Substantial” offers to move back from #3 overall.

No decision yet from Jets GM he might wait to see who’s still on board once on the clock. #NFLDraft

Ask ole Bobby boy why Matt Paradis was not at Jets mini camp today.  🙄

• Upvote 1
Draft picks in future years would be hard for Mac to accept, because he knows that unless he makes the team much better this year, he will not be using those picks next year. 
So he may think he is better off with the best player he can get this year.  
Because Mac is effectively a lame duck, his interests are not aligned with the rest of Jets. 

lol. Wishful thinking for the macc haters. Everyone keeps saying this but where is any indicator that macc is a lame duck. It’s just not there outside of The message boards world. At least I haven’t seen anything real. Let’s say that.

I would say it’s much more likely that C.J. would be inclined to allow macc a few years with Gase and co to build around darnold. Why does it make smart business sense to retain macc through the Bowles firing, partner with him to pick a New HC, essentially allow him to force Gregg Williams on said new HC, spend hundreds of millions on FA’s of his choosing, allow him to play trade games with the #3 pick and then fire him? does this really sound realistic to anyone?

Not liking macc is fine and understandable but he’s here for a few more years outside of bell, Mosley, crowder, Poole and Montgomery deciding to sit on the bench and smoke cigars during games. We should just get used to this idea already.

Macc will take future picks in a compensation package for #3. No doubt in my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

People who think that the jets are going to get a ton for the pick are setting themselves up for disappointment.  This is not a strong qb draft.  The really strong offersare not going to be there.  Chart value will be lucky at best.  I say mac takes less.  Maybe far less.

I think the value is a lot more than this year's 2nd and next year's 1st.  That's less overall than we paid to move up from 6 to 3 last year.  I'd like a trade down but I don't feel like that's one I'd want to see happen.  To move down THAT far, I'd want to feel a little more wow.  The problem is, WAS doesn't really have a lot more to give.  My guess is while they are kicking the tires on this, they are far more likely to move up to a 6-10 range pick for a QB.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

I like the idea, but the return seems a little light.  If they include their first 3rd round pick in this years draft, I'd do it.  Then the haul would be this year's 1st[#15], their 2nd [#46], their first #3 [ #76], and next year's #1 which will most likely be a top 12 draft pick, if not higher. 

That would be quite a haul, although I  doubt, the Redskins would go for it.  Their "cupboard" at that point would be quite bare, especially for a rebuilding team.  Most likely they're just kicking tires....

• Upvote 2

I'd be fine picking in the teens. 15 to 3 is a big jump We would be gettin an absolute haul. At the very least we would get 2 1sts and 2 2nds, probably more than that. 

You have to assume if redskins are trading up it's for a qb. Macc can make them pay. Seems like They want to get ahead of the giants. 

Edit to add. Seems like giants redskins and raiders all have interest to move up in the draft. If Murray falls to us there could be a huge bidding war over our pick

• Upvote 3
31 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

To move down from 3 to 15 would require the skins to pay something along the lines of what they have the Rams to trade up for Griffin. If they're moving that high, odds are they want a quarterback. Make them bleed for it.

don’t forget the skins not only desperately need a QB but don’t have cap space to really get one outside of the draft

26 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I'd be fine picking in the teens. 15 to 3 is a big jump We would be gettin an absolute haul. At the very least we would get 2 1sts and 2 2nds, probably more than that. 

You have to assume if redskins are trading up it's for a qb. Macc can make them pay. Seems like They want to get ahead of the giants. 

Edit to add. Seems like giants redskins and raiders all have interest to move up in the draft. If Murray falls to us there could be a huge bidding war over our pick

2 1sts 2 2nds and ryan kerrigan. I’d take that deal

2 minutes ago, SR24 said:

#3 for Brandon Scherff and 15. Take Bradbury at 15 and then we watch our o line maul everyone 

still not enough. we got osemele + a 6th for a 5th. plus scherff is set to get a record breaking contract

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

1. i hate going down to 15

2. i feel like if we do, we are going to get screwed

To be honest, dropping from 3 to 15 isn't much different than dropping from to the 8-10 range. It's very possible one of the top tackles or CBs fall to us.  And if we were dead set on an edge rusher, both Ferrell and Winovich would be instant starters and solid/very good edge rushers from day 1. 

17 minutes ago, SR24 said:

#3 for Brandon Scherff and 15. Take Bradbury at 15 and then we watch our o line maul everyone 

12 minutes ago, cant wait said:

still not enough. we got osemele + a 6th for a 5th. plus scherff is set to get a record breaking contract

Yeah, this board is infatuated with really good players who are on the verge of monster contracts. I would love Scherff, but asking for him alone to move down from 3 to 15 is insane. 

We could likely get a 2nd, 3rd, next years 1st.  Scherff isn't worth that. If we got Scherff plus some picks then maybe. 

Either way, I think the Skins are the perfect trade partner. Combine their desperation for a franchise QB and owner/GM dumb enough to overpay.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah, this board is infatuated with really good players who are on the verge of monster contracts. I would love Scherff, but asking for him alone to move down from 3 to 15 is insane. 

We could likely get a 2nd, 3rd, next years 1st.  Scherff isn't worth that. If we got Scherff plus some picks then maybe. 

Either way, I think the Skins are the perfect trade partner. Combine their desperation for a franchise QB and owner/GM dumb enough to overpay.

they don’t have the cap room to get a QB any other way than through the draft too. and their roster is too good to tank with even if they wanted to this season. they are stuck squarely in the middle right now