Draft Trade Rumors

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

This is basically a list of guys I do not want. 

Totally fair.

I still think more picks from mid-first to 3rd round can only help. I hate Mac, but he’s due for a draft where he hits on more than 1 player. Law of averages.

16 minutes ago, section314 said:

Apples vs Oranges, and you know it. If Smith was traded for Adams, would be something to discuss.

Acting like Mangold over Abraham was the difference maker is just as disingenuous as my post.  That's my point.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

You literally can not run your draft by hoping to get a Hall of Famer because it's totally unrealistic. 

While you are obviously more likely to draft a great player at 3 than 15, you are just as more likely of finding a great player somewhere in the draft with 4 picks as opposed to one. 

One thing I've learned from watching 40 drafts is that the whole thing is a crapshoot. A guy who people consider a great pick tomorrow might be a total bust in five years and a guy considered a reach tomorrow might be the next Jerry Rice. 

I, personally, prefer the odds of having more picks. 

That’s pretty much it. At this point, people are hoping Oliver is Danold, Allen is Mack, Q is Cox, and Bosa is his brother. But those guys can also become average players. A new car has the most value right before you buy it. Rosen was being talked about as a top 5 pick last year. Fast forward a year and they can’t trade him for a 2nd. 

Take more swings in round 1 and round 2. 

#3 for #15, #46, #76 and a 2020 1st gives us 3 swings in the 1st round over the next two years and six day 2 picks. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Honestly don’t think DK is a fit in this offense, though I grant you I may be biased as I’m really not a huge fan. Frankly if we get 15, I’m either looking to trade down again or just take Bradbury there. I want as many day 2 swings as I can get.

I am with you. I think metcalf is intriguing. I think he is a good physical specimen and a decent prospect but I don't believe he is right for us or that he is a lock to translate into a dominant nfl receiver. I think we have much more pressing needs. Greedy Williams would be a great fit for us if he were available in a trade down. Noah fant I believe is a better and safer weapon than metcalf if we wanted to go with an offensive player.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I’ll sign up for that right now. I cannot see McCoy dropping to 46. 

Elg Jenkins then.

Im not advocating anyone specifically, but rather visualizing what kind of strategy it sets us up for. I’d love to add 3 offensive pieces and 2 defensive all in too3 rounds.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Just in trade with Redskins is all about done, to happen on draft day unless the jets number one ranked player falls to them in which they will just take him. All confirmed and watch it will happen

When you post stuff like this, it helps if you name your source. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Jonah Williams at 3 is ok by me. 

Jonah Willams' workouts were so bad.  just awful. And not like in just one area, like across the board.  Short arms AND a bad bench press? How does that happen. He was terrible in everything but 40 yard dash. 

i get he had a good college career but anywhere in the top 20 feels like a mistake 

• Upvote 2

"yes there's an Aaron Donald his name is Ed Oliver. There might be a Gerald McCoy if 2 teams pass on Quinnen Williams. 

i get that people want line. there's no line. there's no sushi at the steakhouse, there's only steak 

trade downs are like saying let's go get all you can eat sushi cause it's more food and i'm super hungry 

quality doesn't equal quantity"

If you are convinced that Oliver is donald or that Williams is mccoy  you take them.  But you better bloody well be right because Robertson, Mo wilk, shel rich, Quinto coples, Leo williams were all going to be those guys.

This team has over drafted interior Dline for years and years to the point that we have played guys at olb because of it.

If you invest SO heavily in one position it better pay off and it hasn't for the Jets.

This has all the ear marks of Leo Williams.  Best player in the draft, beast, difference maker and years later he is an okay player that makes no real difference in winning.

Also I've heard you use the line that mac can't draft after the 1st round  so we can't trade down. 

You can't have that attitude or you are lost, 100% lost and have given up.  I am as big of a critic of mccagnan as anyone but to use that as an excuse for not making the right football move is foolish.

I think the difference of opinion we have is that you think the top guys are all world pro bowlers day one and I think the top end of the draft is weak and risky.  Spread out the risk.

24 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

You literally can not run your draft by hoping to get a Hall of Famer because it's totally unrealistic.  

ED Oliver's  20 yard shuttle was faster than Saquon Barkley (and WRs like Desean Jackson and Antonio Brown) 

that basically never happens at 280 

granted it doesn't mean he's 100% going to be a HOFer but he's special enough that we know there won't be another Ed Oliver next year (or maybe the next 10 years)

i'm comfortable in predicting the Jets won't get an athlete of that quality at 15 

https://sports.yahoo.com/stock-rising-290-pound-dt-ed-oliver-runs-faster-short-shuttle-than-saquon-barkley-190130731.html

• Upvote 3

ED Oliver's  20 yard shuttle was faster than Saquon Barkley (and WRs like Desean Jackson and Antonio Brown) 
granted it doesn't mean he's 100% going to be a HOFer but he's special enough that we know there won't be another Ed Oliver next year (or maybe the next 10 years)
i'm comfortable in predicting the Jets won't get an athlete of that quality at 15 
https://sports.yahoo.com/stock-rising-290-pound-dt-ed-oliver-runs-faster-short-shuttle-than-saquon-barkley-190130731.html

And if they draft Sams center for the next 10 years... so the heck what? The whole goal of this draft HAS to be giving the offense what they need to be competitive. If that kind of guy is there at 15 and I get a 2nd rd swing I didn’t have before, I’m walking away happy.
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I think the difference of opinion we have is that you think the top guys are all world pro bowlers day one and I think the top end of the draft is weak and risky.  Spread out the risk.

I'm not the only person who considers this a historic defensive line class 

Ed Oliver and QW are better prospects than all these guys listed or the Jets drafted including Mo, Sheldon and Leo

its not "The top end" i believe Bosa will be injured and Josh Allen might take 5 years, if ever (not a Myles Garrett or Clowney freak, good but not great)

the draft is what it is you take the best players you can. We all wish there was a Calvin Johnson or a Jon Ogden but there isn't this year 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

And if they draft Sams center for the next 10 years... so the heck what? The whole goal of this draft HAS to be giving the offense what they need to be competitive. If that kind of guy is there at 15 and I get a 2nd rd swing I didn’t have before, I’m walking away happy.

the Jets traded 1.6, and 3 second rounders to move up 3 spots last year for Sam Darnold

three second rounders for 3 spots 

if the Jets GM takes 1.15 and the Skins 2nd for 1.3, that would be a fire able offense by the time NY media is through with Mac

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

the Jets traded 1.6, and 3 second rounders to move up 3 spots last year for Sam Darnold three second rounders for 3 spots 

if the Jets GM takes 1.15 and the Skins 2nd for 1.3, that would be a fire able offense by the time NY media is through with Mac

And that’s fair... I’m operating under the assumption that it’s more than that.

Honestly it’s gonna have to be or he’s getting roasted by everyone.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, slats said:

Metcalf probably scares me more than anyone else scheduled to go in the first round. 

Either of the Browns? Like I said, I’m not hard-stancing any one in particular, just playing out the offense-first philosophy.

14 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Just in trade with Redskins is all about done, to happen on draft day unless the jets number one ranked player falls to them in which they will just take him. All confirmed and watch it will happen

13 minutes ago, slats said:

When you post stuff like this, it helps if you name your source. 

You mean sauce.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the Jets traded 1.6, and 3 second rounders to move up 3 spots last year for Sam Darnold

three second rounders for 3 spots 

Seriously 

People are so damn desperate for that 2nd round pick that they’re willing to take total sh*t value and pass on a true bluechip prospect in order to obtain it.

Mind boggling 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

And that’s fair... I’m operating under the assumption that it’s more than that.

Honestly it’s gonna have to be or he’s getting roasted by everyone.

OK so the other side of that coin 

who is going to trade multiple firsts and seconds for Kyler Murray 

if the Skins really want this player they can play chicken and trade up to 5 or 7 or 8 they don't have to get to 3

Oakland is more likely to take Oliver than Murray JMO Mike Mayock understands value and they are not desperate to win RN 

supply and demand and all he's not as good a prospect as Darnold who went 3 last year 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Ed Oliver and QW are better prospects than all these guys listed or the Jets drafted including Mo, Sheldon and Leo

its not "The top end" i believe Bosa will be injured and Josh Allen might take 5 years, if ever (not a Myles Garrett or Clowney freak, good but not great)

the draft is what it is you take the best players you can. We all wish there was a Calvin Johnson or a Jon Ogden but there isn't this year 

i think the concept of 'prospects' is overstated.  the evaluation of a prospect is typically done in relation to others of the same position, and this can be compared across years.  to this end, i agree that the top DTs seem to be superior to most DTs of recent years.

however, what often gets lost in falling in love with 'prospects' is, what players will have the biggest impact on the game?  which players at which positions will help the team the most?  is a pretty good LT more impactful to helping the team win than a very good DT?  is a pretty good RT more impactful than a strong safety?  will saquon barkley help the giants win more than another position, since rbs make an immediate impact?

the texans have jj watt and clowney and can't get to an afc championship game and now they even have a good qb and a stud wr.  the colts smoked them with a good offensive line and a competent qb.  and that's the model the jets should be following, this is today's nfl.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

F--k a trade down 

seriously it only makes sense if the GM can draft, which this one cant 

Orlando Pace called, he's got Walter Jones on line 2, let's get James Farrior 

I agree, but I also wonder how much Bowles influenced who was taken hence why Mikey Mac kept his job after Bowles was fired... I think that last draft was more Mikey Mac and less Bowles, hence why it improved. Mac is a long time talent evaluator, it doesn't make sense that he would be so bad yet still keep climbing the corporate ladder.  I think Mac tried to accommodate Bowles too much in the first 3 drafts. Yes... I know... I know.... Hackenberg... but as bad as that pick was Hackenberg was worth a shot... Yes a second rounder is a tragic pick, but I think with more freedom (Gase stated that he didn't want personnel control in Miami, but they gave it to him anyway), Mac will make or break his job with this draft. Also, Williams has a good track record recommending good defensive draft picks.

I just have a feeling that with the change in personnel that this is going to be a much different draft because these coaches want hard ass players and not choirboys that Bowles wanted.

• Thumb Down 1

OK so the other side of that coin 

who is going to trade multiple firsts and seconds for Kyler Murray 

if the Skins really want this player they can play chicken and trade up to 5 or 7 or 8 they don't have to get to 3

supply and demand and all he's not as good a prospect as Darnold who went 3 last year 

Yes but at that point why go to 5 when the raiders could easily trade out potentially. In other words, 3 is a lock to get your guy. If Mac drives too hard a bargain, then yes he risks scaring them off. You’re not getting Indy value for this pick... but I think a mid 1, 2 and a high pick next year is easily doable. Even more so if they could get Kerrigan out of there (no idea how doable that is)

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

What was D-Rob's shuttle time?  What was Gholston's?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I hear this same revisionist shi* every year.  (I'm not pointing the finger at you on this one) Oh all those other 1st rounders that I lobbied for were lousy compared to this group of dline!

Q Williams has had one year of production.  His team got destroyed in the biggest game of the year and he was a total non factor.

Oliver (who I like) is from a small school.

Bosa and Allen both  have questions.

At some point you have to strategically build a football team.  Having safeties, dlineman and ilbs drafted high every year is not a recipe to win.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Seriously 

People are so damn desperate for that 2nd round pick that they’re willing to take total sh*t value and pass on a true bluechip prospect in order to obtain it.

Mind boggling 

'Blue chip prospect' is where the differences of opinion are.

Not all drafts are created equal, some are top heavy, others are top light and have depth.

3 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Thats never going to happen in this weak draft. The value chart is bogus! Where are the cant miss qb prospects that washington is trying to get? oh i see, they dont exist.

This is not like last year where darnold/rosen/mayfield were there. HUGE DIFFERENCE PEOPLE GET OFF THE CRACK PIPE 

Crack pipe?  While you keep repeating that this is a weak draft?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

to this end, i agree that the top DTs seem to be superior to most DTs of recent years.

is a pretty good LT more impactful to helping the team win than a very good DT?  is a pretty good RT more impactful than a strong safety? 

We are agreeing the DT crop is dank. Let's start there

Mac doesn't draft for need. So we can have this big philosophical debate (and I see your points) but we should agree that Mac doesn't think that way 

all the players he's ever taken in the first round were value picks. Even trading up for Darnold at 3 is value for a guy who some should have gone 1. 

the problem is the "pretty good LT" pre draft can end up guards or busts 

Mac doesn't have job security to develop a player. year to year these guys have to make instant impact or he gets fired

a worthless player who doesn't play (*or a Robert Gallery playing out of position due to draft status*) is a far worse outcome than taking the stud DT or EDGE (if Bosa falls or even Allen aren't my favorite outcomes but those guys start day 1)  

there is an outcome where he trades down to the perfect place, takes the first round center (Bradbury, right?) and a tackle too maybe and a Wr and it's like Xmas morning and they get every offensive player they need, none of them bust

or he could trade down miss out on all those players, the ones he gets sucks and we spend the next 10 years talking about how dope Ed Oliver is doing 

Crack pipe?  Whole you keep repeating that this is a weak draft?

Exactly... I’m sick of the weak draft stuff. It may be top heavy but the difference between a late 1 and a 3 is pretty small in this draft. There’s a LOT of talent in this draft. Exactly the reason I’ll take 4 swings in the 2nd and 3rd over 1 premium top 3 pick.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

you relly need to post a source or is it merely an opinion?

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

I’ve heard some things like that too. I listened to Paul Alexander on moving the chains last night and he basically said all of the issues with Jonah will not stop him from being a dominant LT (not guard) in the NFL.
Just for what it’s worth. I’m ok with Jonah, Ford, Bradbury Dillard or even Little In the first.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

In agree that Jonah will be a good LT at the next level. I also like most of the names you listed but I'm at a big F no to Little in the first. Hate him as a prospect. 

8 minutes ago, slats said:

Lol, I don't listen to that douche-bag. 

Oh geez I had him on the car radio for about 5 minutes yesterday and couldn't take it.  

He had some draft expert on and the guy was throwing out names Fatso had never heard of before and he was like "yeah, he's a good player, that guy can play, he's gonna be a good one, good player".

Clueless.  

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What was D-Rob's shuttle time?  What was Gholston's?

to answer your question they weren't nearly as good dude 

he's a 99 sparq. that means he's got rarer physical gifts than 99 percent of current D linemen

the sparq database only goes back to like 2013 tho 

but those guys wen't as rare athletes to be completely honest

side note what's the alternative to looking for rare athletes? Find the Chad Penningtons of the world? 

you're right they should get the boar hunter on the phone i hear he kills pigs with a rambo knife for training

doesn't have a lick of athletic ability but he's got grit 

the NFL is about special players doing special things that's who wins and loses these games 

• Upvote 1