Cowherd Mock

1 minute ago, carlito1171 said:

Unlike 80% of the board I wouldn’t be mad at a Quinnen Williams pick....not my dream scenario but I wouldn’t be mad at it....

Agreed

If we stay at #3, I’d prefer Bosa or Oliver, but can’t say I’d be pissed with Williams.

He’s a lot more Fletcher Cox than Leo IMO.

7 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Has Jets taking Q..

Calls him best player in draft

Points to the Jets pass rushing that "stinks" right now.

Hes got a point. Im gona be mad if we trade 

Seems every year someone, somewhere, says we got "the best player in the draft".

One can only wonder why we're not a perennial playoff team.....

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Seems every year someone, somewhere, says we got "the best player in the draft".

Because the ready of our drafts have sucked after the first?

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Agreed

If we stay at #3, I’d prefer Bosa or Oliver, but can’t say I’d be pissed with Williams.

I'd be pissed. You don't take defensive tackles with the 3rd overall pick. They don't have the impact an edge rusher would have. 

But I think it's all moot because Macc is definitely trading down. 

I DO have DL fatigue. If he’s Fletcher Cox then that’s a good pick but how do we actually line up in 2019? Q at DT with Leo and Anderson at DE? We are “multiple” but everything is pointing to primarily a 3-4 with Jamal Adams moving all over the place and our $17 mill CJ to play 3-4 ILB.

55 minutes ago, chirorob said:

He is the stupidest person in sports.

Didn't he go on and on about how the Jets would go 0-16?

I believe Cowherd to be one of the smartest guys in sports.  He is my favorite to listen to by a wide margin.

Being wrong doesn't make someone stupid, especially in something as unpredictable as sports.  Nobody is right all the time.   Spitting out the same tired cliches is what I can't stand from the vast majority of his colleagues. 

Colin throws clever analogies at the listener, as well as strong opinions... sometimes wrong... sometimes he's right on the money when most aren't.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Agreed

I’d prefer Oliver as well....kid is a freak athlete...but Q Williams is a legit talent in his own right and I think his floor is super high. 

14 minutes ago, slats said:

In that scenario, unable to trade, I'd hope they go Oliver. 

So would I

But I wouldn't really be mad if they went with Williams or Allen.

The only way the Jets could really send me off the rails at the #3 spot is if they did some goofy sh*t like taking someone like Rashan Gary or something.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I believe Cowherd to be one of the smartest guys in sports.  He is my favorite to listen to by a wide margin.

Being wrong doesn't make someone stupid.  Nobody is right all the time.   Spitting out the same tired cliches is what I can't stand from the sports personalities. 

Colin throws clever analogies at the listener, as well as strong opinions... sometimes wrong... sometimes he's right on the money when most aren't.

Cowherd is great

I’ve said it before, he may be a bit of a pompous douchebag but he beats the brakes off the other jackasses on ESPN, FS1, etc.

Seems like everyone hates the guy just because he isn’t a big Mayfield fan.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

So would I

But I wouldn't really be mad if they went with Williams or Allen.

The only way the Jets could really send me off the rails at the #3 spot is if they did some goofy sh*t like taking someone like Rashan Gary or something.

Mac's been a consensus guy with his high picks every year. Williams or Allen would be his more likely choices. Oliver would represent a shift to listening more to the analytics guys that high, of which I would approve. 

• Upvote 1

Every team thinks they got a great steal in the draft. I don't think I have ever heard a team say they didn't get the player they were hoping would be there or that they reached to fill a need even if it was blatantly obvious

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

17 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Cowherd is great

I’ve said it before, he may be a bit of a pompous douchebag but he beats the brakes off the other jackasses on ESPN, FS1, etc.

Totally agree.  Sometimes very intelligent people are pompous because they know they are smarter than most.   Adds an element of conceitedness to their repertoire...

38 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Cowherd is great

I can’t stand the guy, and neither can many other USC fans.  He’s a USC honk, who loved Sam the moment he saw him play on the scout team, I wish he would STFU talking about Sam.  Everyone knows I love Sam, his character and his quiet leadership.

I’m not crazy about crotch grabbing, police incident and all the “I feel dangerous” stuff...but that’s just minor stuff, who has he hurt?  Kid is a winner.  Cowherd has gone way, way overboard on the Mayfield hate, and it’s very unattractive.  

Mayfield put him in his place, on his own show.  ? 

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Being wrong doesn't make someone stupid, especially in something as unpredictable as sports.  Nobody is right all the time.   Spitting out the same tired cliches is what I can't stand from the vast majority of his colleagues. 

I agree.  It's nice someone had the balls to say so.  Good post.  No schtick, no Ed McMahon sidekicks,  just straight up sports analysis.  For better or worse, just puts it out there.  Not to make a splash, or to be contrary or irreverent.  Just because he believes what he is saying.  How rare.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1