We don’t need a superstar. We need a team.

I'm not ashamed to admit I'm sick of watching this team step on thier dick's when drafting defense  and dont give a sh*t about incrementality.

That being said I'll happily take the unicorn but the rest of them can eff right off

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

What does that mean? 

The Jets play 16 games a year, vs a league consisting of 31 NFL teams. Doing everything in reaction to trying to deal with the Patriots (and arguably the best QB in NFL History) is how you lose. The Jets SHOULD have been working on their foundations and being as disciplined and balanced as possible, not drafting DT after DT because "Tom Brady hates interior pressure". 

The Patriots tear up better Defenses than the Jets on a regular basis. 

Its all about building around Sam now. 

No one beats Brady without a pass rush

Jets have none

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

What does that mean? 

The Jets play 16 games a year, vs a league consisting of 31 NFL teams. Doing everything in reaction to trying to deal with the Patriots (and arguably the best QB in NFL History) is how you lose. The Jets SHOULD have been working on their foundations and being as disciplined and balanced as possible, not drafting DT after DT because "Tom Brady hates interior pressure". 

The Patriots tear up better Defenses than the Jets on a regular basis. 

Its all about building around Sam now. 

Jets had the 22nd ranked defense despite 5th weakest strength of schedule

Matt Barkley coming off the street scored on this defense at will.  So did a lot of other QBs. Our secondary is average at best, no edge rusher since we traded away Abe 13 years ago the top 10-12 prospects in this draft all happen to play defense

But yeah let’s pass on defense because Gholston

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

There’s no Brick or Nelson in this draft

We won't know that for about 3 years. But yeah, f*ck it! Lets draft our 11th Defensive Tackle in about 18 years! And play HIM as a 3-4 DE, because if we do it just ONCE MORE, it'll work this time!! Because Tom Brady just abhors interior pressure. Remember how Aaron Donald won that....oh. Right. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What line of thinking?  That its a poor idea to reach for inferior talent just to fill a need?  Now THAT line of thinking has most definitely gotten GM's fired.

No, that if you have a good QB, you can neglect stuff around him. 

YOU said, not 10 minutes ago, " If he's a star, he'll be one even if we don't draft a WR1."

How about we give him some help and ensure that it happens, instead of making the same old mistakes, over, and over, and over again....

• Upvote 1

I’m good with trading down, but not for a lesser deal just to say you traded out of the spot. For instance, if Wash wants to move up from 15 to 3 it better cost them their 1st, 2nd, 2020 1st and another 2020 pick At MINIMUM! None of this swap 1sts and take a 2 and a 3 garbage just to say you picked up a couple day 2 picks. If someone wants to go get their QB, they are gonna have to pony up...sorry you gotta pay to play....

I get upgrading the OL and surrounding Darnold with talent...yes I agree we need to upgrade the O around Darnold and fast! However..it just so happens we own the #3 pick in a year there’s no sure fire Orlando Pace or Julio Jones available....hell there isn’t even a Quentin Nelson or Brandon Scherff available...oh well that’s the luck of the draw, I’m otherwise fine taking Bosa, Quinnen, Oliver or even Allen At 3. I’m not gonna pass up an elite talent to take some crap deal just to say we traded down.....

• Upvote 3

You know what’s gonna be awesome? When Bosa and Oliver go 1 and 2, then we take Leonard Williams Part Deux as the same old jenune brigade celebrates and tells us why it’s brilliant. Then we unload Leonard Williams Part One for a 2nd rounder because we already drafted his replacement and the defensive line looks exactly the same as it did before the draft. Then we trade that second rounder to move up for a position that we missed on in 2019. Really. Can’t Wait. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Only the Giants beat him WITH one.

Solid idea. 

The Falcons beat them until they smoked crack in the 4th quarter.  The Seahawks beat them until they decided passing 3 times from the 1 yard line with BeastMode on the bench was a great idea.  The Pats are beatable but it takes the combination of a pass rush and an uncommon absence of crack-smoking coaches to do it.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

No, that if you have a good QB, you can neglect stuff around him. 

YOU said, not 10 minutes ago, " If he's a star, he'll be one even if we don't draft a WR1."

And that's correct.  You don't need a true WR1 for your QB, or team, to be successful.  The best QB's in the NFL have had their success with a collection of nice receivers like the ones we have.  Especially when you consider Le'Veon is basically a WR too.

You do need a franchise LT, but there's not one to be found in this class.  So Beachum it is until next season.

• Upvote 3

Just now, nycdan said:

The Falcons beat them until they smoked crack in the 4th quarter.  The Seahawks beat them until they decided passing 3 times from the 1 yard line with BeastMode on the bench was a great idea.  The Pats are beatable but it takes the combination of a pass rush and an uncommon absence of crack-smoking coaches to do it.

So, they didn't. Got it.

The Falcons LOST because they couldn't run the ball when they needed to. O line. Hmm. Weird.

18 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

We won't know that for about 3 years. But yeah, f*ck it! Lets draft our 11th Defensive Tackle in about 18 years! And play HIM as a 3-4 DE, because if we do it just ONCE MORE, it'll work this time!! Because Tom Brady just abhors interior pressure. Remember how Aaron Donald won that....oh. Right. 

No.  We know that now.  There's no franchise LT's in this draft class.  Just a bunch of Guards and nice RT's.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And that's correct.  You don't need a true WR1 for your QB, or team, to be successful.

You do need a franchise LT, but there's not one to be found in this class.  So Beachum it is until next season.

Crowder is a #2 receiver. Anderson and Enunwa are both 3s. We would be well served with a 2a and let Q and Robbie work as matchup/complimentary guys.

12 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

I’m good with trading down, but not for a lesser deal just to say you traded out of the spot. For instance, if Wash wants to move up from 15 to 3 it better cost them their 1st, 2nd, 2020 1st and another 2020 pick At MINIMUM! None of this swap 1sts and take a 2 and a 3 garbage just to say you picked up a couple day 2 picks. If someone wants to go get their QB, they are gonna have to pony up...sorry you gotta pay to play....

I get upgrading the OL and surrounding Darnold with talent...yes I agree we need to upgrade the O around Darnold and fast! However..it just so happens we own the #3 pick in a year there’s no sure fire Orlando Pace or Julio Jones available....hell there isn’t even a Quentin Nelson or Brandon Scherff available...oh well that’s the luck of the draw, I’m otherwise fine taking Bosa, Quinnen, Oliver or even Allen At 3. I’m not gonna pass up an elite talent to take some crap deal just to say we traded down.....

That sounds pretty fair to me. I'm expecting at least WAS' 2020 1st, 2019 2nd and 2019 3rd in addition to the 15 pick of course. In that case, we can use the 15th pick and 2nd round pick this year to solidify the OL. Then go into 2020 with 2 first round picks. The 3rd round picks are darts. Hopefully we hit 1 or 2 of the 4 over the next two years in that scenario. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Crowder is a #2 receiver. Anderson and Enunwa are both 3s. We would be well served with a 2a and let Q and Robbie work as matchup/complimentary guys.

Agreed.  And in this draft class, we can likely find one of those in the 3rd round, or perhaps in a situation where we trade into the mid-late 2nd round.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Agreed.  And in this draft class, we can likely find one of those in the 3rd round, or perhaps in a situation where we trade into the mid-late 2nd round.

OR, hear me out....they trade with the Redskins, get 15, their second, another pick, AND a first next year and we get everything we want, including a Top rated Receiver,  line help, but forgo yet another top 5 D lineman? 

I just don't see Quinnen Williams or Ed Oliver being any better or impactful than the other "Best Players in the draft"  guys we've been sold a bill of goods on. Especially if they don't help us score more points in this modern, ridiculous Air Raid NFL.

If we stay at 3, then fine. Lets take Josh Allen. A 3-4 OLB our 3-4 defense has been missing since 2007(?)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

ME: the Jets better not draft an edge rusher at 3

ALSO ME: why dont the Jets ever get sacks or turnovers

If you have an exciting high powered offense scoring points, you won’t be worried about the number of sacks or turnovers.  

Keep the defense off the field.

58 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Fair, but at some point isn't it time to admit that the Jets are cursed when it comes to finding this sh*t? It seems like the Jets are far more likely to luck into overdrafting an offensive guy than being successful with any surefire defensive player at this point. 

If there’s a curse, it’s 100% on us drafting offense of any kind.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

OR, hear me out....they trade with the Redskins, get 15, their second, another pick, AND a first next year and we get everything we want, including a Top rated Receiver,  line help, but forgo yet another top 5 D lineman? 

I just don't see Quinnen Williams or Ed Oliver being any better or impactful than the other "Best Players in the draft"  guys we've been sold a bill of goods on. Especially if they don't help us score more points in this modern, ridiculous Air Raid NFL.

If we stay at 3, then fine. Lets take Josh Allen. A 3-4 OLB our 3-4 defense has been missing since 2007(?)

The "Best Player in the Draft" stuff we were sold on by Macc was crap.  Just because Mike Maccagnan had guys atop his board didn't make them the top players.

Ed Oliver is a legitimate good bet to be the best player in the draft because he checks every box.  Leonard Williams didn't.  He had pretty average athleticism whereas Oliver has elite athleticism.  

• Upvote 1

A trade back with a haul of picks to address the offense would be great. If not, you take the elite defender at 3. Even though we’ve poured tons of assets into it over the years we still have no pass rush and the D blew games last year.  Huge need. Can’t go wrong 

• Upvote 2