Jump to content

Who Does Your Gut See In Green?


Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, jetsfaneh said:

What player(s) does your gut see being in Jet green?

I have two that I keep feeling:

- Montez Sweat

- Erik McCoy

Don't know why. Just can see it.

Oliver & Hurd

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My gut tells me Allen, Oliver or if we manage a trade down Burns or Dillard. 

Hope Macc can pull off the trade, we are in no position to be taking these top rated defensives players. If it's Allen or Oliver then so be it but trading down and grabbing an extra 1 for next years draft would be my prefered route. WR's like Jeudy and Lamb are coming out + a bunch of good LT prospects after Beachum kick's rocks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

My gut tells me Allen, Oliver or if we manage a trade down Burns or Dillard. 

Hope Macc can pull off the trade, we are in no position to be taking these top rated defensives players. If it's Allen or Oliver then so be it but trading down and grabbing an extra 1 for next years draft would be my prefered route. WR's like Jeudy and Lamb are coming out + a bunch of good LT prospects after Beachum kick's rocks.

JMHO, but I don't see Mac trading a premium pick for a pick next year.  That is the problem with the lame duck GM.  Teams building for the long-term do that.  Mac knows he is on the hot seat.  He trades an immediate difference maker for a pick next year, it is likely he is not making that pick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jetsfaneh said:

What player(s) does your gut see being in Jet green?

I have two that I keep feeling:

- Montez Sweat

- Erik McCoy

Don't know why. Just can see it.

I think I’d take that, especially with McCoy. Sweat (if he plays 13 years) will be a steal assuming we trade down. Medicals are the only issue.

The two best Edge fits for the Jets in this draft are Allen and Sweat in a 3-4.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's gonna be Quinnen. On the bright side, I don't think he has any chance of being a "Gholston level" bust, but he just isn't going to lead to many more wins. On the bright side for Mac, Darnold is probably going to have a very big year and will continue to serve as a deodorant towards the stench of Macc. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not what I'm hoping for, but my gut is saying it'll be Quinnen Willams. 

Mac knows he is on the hot seat with one foot out the door. I think he is smart enough to know that the only reason he wasn't gone with Bowles is because Sam fell into his lap after he traded up. Mac has literally drafted 1 impact player outside of (very high) 1st round picks.

The existence of Mac's GM career in 2019 is nearly entirely due to safe, "no brainer", lower risk but great value players falling into his lap with his, yearly, high overall pick. The one year he had to draft outside of the top 6, we get the Tiny Backer. 

With all that in mind, with the exception of someone offering an outrageous return, Mac isnt trading back. He doesn't have the balls to stake his career on drafting from a spot where BPA depends on his ability is assess talent. Mac will stay at 3 where, yet again, the "top player in the draft" falls to him. He'll pick Quinnen Williams, promptly proceed to tell every radio host how he never thought that Q would be available at 3. Then, at the end of the season, no matter how Q plays, he will have the built in defense that most analysts had him ranked as the best player in the draft.

Meanwhile, while we come to JN to debate what needs to be done to help Q make more of an impact in year two, Josh Allen goes onto to win DROY with the Giants🙄

That's what my gut says. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, maury77 said:

It's gonna be Quinnen. On the bright side, I don't think he has any chance of being a "Gholston level" bust, but he just isn't going to lead to many more wins. On the bright side for Mac, Darnold is probably going to have a very big year and will continue to serve as a deodorant towards the stench of Macc. 

He'll end up being much more Leo than Gholston. A pretty good player that, in the end, doesnt lead to more wins or live up to where he was drafted. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jetsfaneh said:

What player(s) does your gut see being in Jet green?

I have two that I keep feeling:

- Montez Sweat

- Erik McCoy

Don't know why. Just can see it.

Sweat or Dillard at 15.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MichaelScott said:

Not what I'm hoping for, but my gut is saying it'll be Quinnen Willams. 

Mac knows he is on the hot seat with one foot out the door. I think he is smart enough to know that the only reason he wasn't gone with Bowles is because Sam fell into his lap after he traded up. Mac has literally drafted 1 impact player outside of (very high) 1st round picks.

The existence of Mac's GM career in 2019 is nearly entirely due to safe, "no brainer", lower risk but great value players falling into his lap with his, yearly, high overall pick. The one year he had to draft outside of the top 6, we get the Tiny Backer. 

With all that in mind, with the exception of someone offering an outrageous return, Mac isnt trading back. He doesn't have the balls to stake his career on drafting from a spot where BPA depends on his ability is assess talent. Mac will stay at 3 where, yet again, the "top player in the draft" falls to him. He'll pick Quinnen Williams, promptly proceed to tell every radio host how he never thought that Q would be available at 3. Then, at the end of the season, no matter how Q plays, he will have the built in defense that most analysts had him ranked as the best player in the draft.

Meanwhile, while we come to JN to debate what needs to be done to help Q make more of an impact in year two, Josh Allen goes onto to win DROY with the Giants🙄

That's what my gut says. 

The painful truth..

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...