Why do you hate Leonard Williams?

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You would think so. But, once CJ Mosley left the defense left with him. 

Mosley is the real leader. He makes plays when needed. Adams just talks like a leader, dances a lot and wags his finger when a pass is overthrown by a QB over his head like he made them throw and errant pass. He's like Kyle Wilson in coverage lol

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Valid points. However a top 6 pick should be able to beat double teams and get to the qb. Otherwise it was a stupid pick. He's an average player. And we just made the same mistake again this year with Q. I'm sure he COULD be a good player but he will never have 10+ sack  seasons. Dts rarely do. And to me,  the value (#3 overall)  will never  match the expected production.

yeah, valid points.

I was trying to be subtle:

There's "3rd pick in the draft" and then there's "3rd pick in the draft taken by the NY Jets"

What the hell happened to the Jets being a high-scoring, potent offense?? Forget uniforms, where's our Al Toon, our Wayne Chrebet, our Freeman McNeil? We haven't been sh!t on offense for a decade.

2 hours ago, EdReed22 said:

Mosley is the real leader. He makes plays when needed. Adams just talks like a leader, dances a lot and wags his finger when a pass is overthrown by a QB over his head like he made them throw and errant pass. He's like Kyle Wilson in coverage lol

Adams is the most overrated POS in the entire NFL he took that away from Marcus Mariota

I feel sorry for the team dumb enough to give him $80 million hopefully it’s not the jets

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

I don't hate Williams, but I do agree with others that he's been disappointing. I was hoping for a lot more impartial player. Mo Wilkerson after year 1, was an impartial player until he or paid. Williams doesn't even have that.

Leo is nowhere near the player Muhammed was before the ridiculous contract

• Upvote 1

Looking back, my position is exactly the same as it was at the beginning of this thread.  Leo was then and still is now a disappointment of a player that was a waste of resources to invest at the team's non-premium position of strength, never even matched the performance level of his predecessors, Mo (pre-contract) or Sheldon, and became 100% fully expendable and should have been gone the instant Quinnen was drafted.

This season is simply further verifying all of that, but becoming a greater frustration for some because it's disproving the past excuse-making of blaming coaching for his performance, while he gets paid excessively more and having one foot out the door, all while once again having made the next ridiculous investment in the position already.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, phill1c said:

We haven't been sh!t on offense for a decade.

Yep.  There were only 3 points in the last 2+ decades where we haven't been sh*t on offense:  1998.  The last 11 games of the 2002 season.  And the first 11 games of the 2008 season.  

I suppose you could make an argument for 2015, but that was against probably the league's easiest schedule.  

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  There were only 3 points in the last 2+ decades where we haven't been sh*t on offense:  1998.  The last 11 games of the 2002 season.  And the first 11 games of the 2008 season.  

I suppose you could make an argument for 2015, but that was against probably the league's easiest schedule.  

That pretty much sums it up.  A few years of fantastic rushing offenses over that time as well (2004, 2009), but always complemented by unbelievable incompetence from the passing game.

• Upvote 1