The NFL Draft just doesn't matter

18 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It’s true. We spend every offseason arguing over who’s the next what when the odds say 99/100 of them won’t ever be those things. Then we watch this stupid ceremony that literally serves no purpose. They could just print the list of guys after they’re all selected and it would be the same thing.

• Haha 1

I get you're point. Part of me agrees with you. But what makes the draft meaningful for us is that the undisputed #1 reason why the Jets have been in the predicament they've been in for the past few decades has been our inability to hit on our draft picks and take true impact game changing players.....even worse then that, at times, our organization has been embarrassingly incompetent when it comes to managing the draft. There are many reasons why we've been a losing franchise for a long time, but our goofs in the draft are the largest part of that reason to me.

Now that we have a QB to develop the draft becomes even more important. We probably wont get that blue chip offensive prospect with the 3 overall pick this year, and that's a shame(and a luck of the draw), but we have a ton of holes to fill on this team, very much so on the defensive side. We eventually need to put those pieces around Darnold in the draft. The signings we made in FA are nice, but along with Darnold becoming a true FQB, our success in the draft will determine our long term fate.....

You're right....we can argue about our picks all day and night....and it won't mean much this year because our coach and QB are set....but look at the big picture.....then the meaning of the draft is put into perspective...