Rich Eisen Tweet with Oliver going to Jets based on iffy sourcing

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Was just about to share this.  Quinnen to Arizona would be a game changer.

Would be a fun shake up!  Similar to Baker at #1 last year which was somewhat unexpected until about 24 hours before the Draft.

According to many so-called "experts" Quinnen Williams is the top rated player regardless of position on many boards......and, the Cardinals have a need there with Robert Nkemdiche being a bust so far at DT.  If you're the Cardinals would you rather have Rosen and Quinnen Williams or Kyler Murray and ?.

2 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

I like how Eisen calls the person “in the know” and in the same sentence calls the list a “best guess.” So tell me, Rich, what does this source “know” and what does he pull out of his arse?

I liked the coverage about the raiders making a “surprise pick” at number 4, even though every single pick can be categorized as a surprise tomorrow.

i can’t wait for this to be over, it’s rivaling the uniform unveiling 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

I like how Eisen calls the person “in the know” and in the same sentence calls the list a “best guess.” So tell me, Rich, what does this source “know” and what does he pull out of his arse?

Actually "the source" pull Eisen out of his a$$. Eisen's another tool.

31 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Would be a fun shake up!  Similar to Baker at #1 last year which was somewhat unexpected until about 24 hours before the Draft.

According to many so-called "experts" Quinnen Williams is the top rated player regardless of position on many boards......and, the Cardinals have a need there with Robert Nkemdiche being a bust so far at DT.  If you're the Cardinals would you rather have Rosen and Quinnen Williams or Kyler Murray and ?.

I'm with you on this. You traded up last year to grab a QB then you grab yet ANOTHER QB this year. Senseless but then again it's the Cardinals.

36 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Rosen didn't look great last year, but he still looked better than Goff did as a rookie. Both played for bad, defensive minded Head Coaches and bad OCs. If Kingsbury is an offensive genius, like McVay, and you think Rosen is decent, it's kind of foolish to go with Murray....unless you think Murray is the next great QB. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Even Dane Brugler just tweeted that he's not longer confident that Murray ends up with the Cardinals and has changed his mock...

This is twelfth hour shift the likes of which i've never seen in NFL Draft lore.... If QW goes #1 (please god) then holy fck pants... buckle up. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Rosen didn't look great last year, but he still looked better than Goff did as a rookie. Both played for bad, defensive minded Head Coaches and bad OCs. If Kingsbury is an offensive genius, like McVay, and you think Rosen is decent, it's kind of foolish to go with Murray....unless you think Murray is the next great QB. 

You said it better than me.  The Cardinals drafted a guy in Rosen who clearly has talent but isn't perfect.  You now have what you consider an elite offensive coach and QB whisperer in Kingsbury.  Let Kliff earn his money and turn Rosen into what his potential says he should be.....and use that #1 pick to juice your defense.

23 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I think alot of people think he is the next great QB. Like better than last year's group 

Now I don't agree.

I like when these NFLN talking heads do their combined rankings of 2018 and 2019 prospects.  I saw them do this for QBs the other day and wish I would have captured it but they essentially came up with a list like...

1. Baker Mayfield

2. Kyler Murray

3. Sam Darnold

4. Josh Allen

5. Dwayne Haskins

Wish I grabbed a snapshot of the screen or could find a link.

I don't think it's far off by I'd probably still put Darnold above Murray or maybe have them in a tie at this point.

16 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Even Dane Brugler just tweeted that he's not longer confident that Murray ends up with the Cardinals and has changed his mock...

This is twelfth hour shift the likes of which i've never seen in NFL Draft lore.... If QW goes #1 (please god) then holy fck pants... buckle up. 

If the draft broke that way with the first three picks , than K Murray would go to a Gruden .   

It just wouldn't be the one from Oakland, as the Raiders would be trading with the Redskins for more draft capital.    The Raiders get a nice haul to trade back from 4  to 15.

20 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

I know it’s irrational but the Oliver scouting report reminds me a lot of DeWayne Robertson. 

Yup.  That's the comparison I've mentioned a few times on the board this week.  I don't want to categorize Ed Oliver that way because Robertson had some other issues, namely that degenerative knee, but Robertson really is the best comp for Oliver given his size and style of play.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/59456/jets-bet-heavily-on-dwayne-robertson-in-2003-and-lost-big-time

On the eve of the 2003 draft, the Jets made a panic move, trading two first-round picks (13th and 22nd) to the Chicago Bears in exchange for the fourth pick. Their target was defensive tackle Dewayne Robertson and, much to their delight, he still was available. Then-coach Herm Edwards felt Robertson would have a Warren Sapp-like impact as the 3-technique in his Tampa-style defense even though he wasn't that productive at Kentucky. The bold trade-up also raised eyebrows because it cost them so much. Why invest so much in a non-quarterback?

After the draft, everyone found out why they were so motivated.

The Jets knew incumbent Josh Evans was facing a long drug suspension, so they felt compelled to grab the best 3-technique in the draft -- or so they thought. Robertson didn't come close to meeting expectations; the money went to his head and he played with no fire whatsoever. Somehow, he lasted five years with the Jets, starting 75 games, but he never made more than four sacks in a season. Turns out he played with a bone-on-bone condition in one knee, which the Jets knew about before drafting him, it was revealed years later. Robertson was out of the league by the age of 28. Yep, this was a risk on multiple levels -- and it backfired in every way.

29 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

I know it’s irrational but the Oliver scouting report reminds me a lot of DeWayne Robertson. 

I can’t speak on there scouting Reports. But Ed Oliver is light years ahead Robertson in terms of ability  and doesn’t have lifetime knee condition that will get worse year by year . 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If it went like that and Jets did not trade down I would strangle mccagnan.

It really depends what the Jets want in order to move back versus the Raiders who might be willing to take less to move back.  Jets might not be able to move back.

The worst news for everyone if Kyle Murray doesn't go number 1.      Why would a team trade up for a Qb when top two are still sitting there.    Some  teams are going to value Haskins , more than Murray.( he isn't a Luck type of Qb that is a no brainer). 

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Yup.  That's the comparison I've mentioned a few times on the board this week.  I don't want to categorize Ed Oliver that way because Robertson had some other issues, namely that degenerative knee, but Robertson really is the best comp for Oliver given his size and style of play.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/59456/jets-bet-heavily-on-dwayne-robertson-in-2003-and-lost-big-time

Meanwhile, the Bears ended up drafting DE Michael Haynes and QB Rex Grossman with our 2 1st rounders. 

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

The worst news for everyone if Kyle Murray doesn't go number 1.      Why would a team trade up for a Qb when top two are still sitting there.    Some  teams are going to value Haskins , more than Murray.( he isn't a Luck type of Qb that is a no brainer). 

The Redskins might still trade up.  And they might fear a Giants trade-up. I would actually draft Kyler Murray if we couldn’t get an acceptable trade done on time. Someone will want him as trade a lot to get him. 

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Redskins might still trade up.  And they might fear a Giants trade-up. I would actually draft Kyler Murray if we couldn’t get an acceptable trade done on time. Someone will want him as trade a lot to get him. 

You're a GM on the hot seat , do you think you can take that chance .    Some teams love K Murray, and some teams love the more traditional looking Qb prospect.( Haskins , Jones)    There is no guarantee someone will give you the farm for K Murray.( not a Andrew Luck prospect everyone wanted).   Kyle Murray isn't a Giant type of Qb . 

Now if you were J Gruden with a ten year contract( isn't going anywhere) you can gamble like that.     Go ahead fire me, and you're still paying him for the next eight years.

So expect the Jets GM to make the safe pick- best guy on their board whether that's  E Oliver, or Josh Allen.

6 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Your logic is 100% on.  The only thing that I see different is that Kingsbury has a specific system that he has run throughput his career and Murray fits that system perfectly whereas Rosen doesn’t.  As an aside, Sam also played for a bad defensive minded head coach with a bad OC and looked great the last quarter of a season which bodes extremely well for us.

15 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I don’t see that at all

Oliver sh*ts all over Robertson as an athlete.

Robertson ran 5.15 at the combine. Oliver ran a 4.73 at his pro day. 

I'm done with numbers honestly. Oliver couldn't find a sack against bum teams. DTs just don't have the impact an edge rusher does. No to oliver, no to DTs, enough already. 15 years no edge rusher 15!

• Upvote 1