Rich Eisen Tweet with Oliver going to Jets based on iffy sourcing

18 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

I'm done with numbers honestly. Oliver couldn't find a sack against bum teams. DTs just don't have the impact an edge rusher does. No to oliver, no to DTs, enough already. 15 years no edge rusher 15!

Uhm, Aaron Donald?

10 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

I'm done with numbers honestly. Oliver couldn't find a sack against bum teams. DTs just don't have the impact an edge rusher does. No to oliver, no to DTs, enough already. 15 years no edge rusher 15!

Sacks mean very little if a team double and sometimes triples a player.   ( if that player is the only guy the opposing team has to stop).     Now if a  similar player plays a on stacked defense , the opposition can't give that player too much attention.     His numbers are probably going to be better than that player that has to do it on his own.

Oliver is going to be a nightmare for interior guards to handle on passing downs in the NFL.       Can he hold up against the run inside , or can he play De is more the question with Oliver.

18 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

You can line Oliver up at OLB he’s that athletic. 

Oliver will not be the pick because it would be a reach and Mac has never reached in round one. The pick would be Allen or a trade down and if Murray and Haskins are still on the board, Mac's phone will be ringing off the hook. I think the Giants would love to have Murray now that the Jets have Sam. The Combo of speed and his ability to throw on the run will make the Giants very exciting. 

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Oliver will not be the pick because it would be a reach and Mac has never reached in round one. The would be Allen ot a trade down and if Murray and Haskins are still on the board, Macs phone will be ringing off the hook. I think the Giamts would love to have Murray now that the Jets have Sam. The Combo of speed and his ability to throw on the run will make the Giants very exciting. 

Agreed.  

7 hours ago, Paradis said:

Even Dane Brugler just tweeted that he's not longer confident that Murray ends up with the Cardinals and has changed his mock...

This is twelfth hour shift the likes of which i've never seen in NFL Draft lore.... If QW goes #1 (please god) then holy fck pants... buckle up. 

Did you not watch last years draft when all the draft pundits had to make 12th hour changes to make Mayfield first overall.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I like when these NFLN talking heads do their combined rankings of 2018 and 2019 prospects.  I saw them do this for QBs the other day and wish I would have captured it but they essentially came up with a list like...

1. Baker Mayfield

2. Kyler Murray

3. Sam Darnold

4. Josh Allen

5. Dwayne Haskins

Wish I grabbed a snapshot of the screen or could find a link.

I don't think it's far off by I'd probably still put Darnold above Murray or maybe have them in a tie at this point.

Seems like more of a ranking set of hype, not pro-football competency. Also seems very hindsight driven, because none of those ******* liars had Sam after Baker last year.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

2z0rfi.jpg

Here is @JiF.

Why is this me?  I'm confused.   

I'm on your side, bro.  I want you to be right so you can bump your thread and tell everyone I told you so.  It's weird but I like you and think you deserve that redemption after your Super Bowl guarantee.

I never made any guarantees or predictions.  I couldnt give a sh*t about who goes 1st overall. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

If it sets up that way then Florham Park will be under siege by pitch-fork wielding fans for not finding a way to trade down......either to 4, 6 or beyond.

This would be the ideal situation to flip with raiders so they ensure Murray and then still take Oliver.  Though, I’m not sure I don’t just take oliver and not risk raiders duping me and being stuck with Allen (May not be terrible) or desperate for another trade.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Did you not watch last years draft when all the draft pundits had to make 12th hour changes to make Mayfield first overall.

Indeed i was.

The difference was, I always suspected the Browns might go with Mayfield. My dad and brother are big Cleveland fans, and they chronicled John’s trips to Oklahoma last year and his infatuation with Baker. So I always thought it was kind of weird that he wasn’t talked about more leading up to the draft. It was still eyebrow raising, but I wasn’t surprised like most. John LOVED Baker all year. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

The ones that pass rush actually have a bigger impact than EDGE rushers, because its less distance to get to the QB.  Pressure up the middle is what stops the quick 3-step drops.  There's a QB in our division that has been killing us with those types of throws for about 2 decades.

Obviously Eisen's source wasn't making any predictions about trades, only who he felt those teams picking in the top 4 would do if forced to stick and pick. 

I love Ed Oliver, but even I would strongly prefer to trade down at 3 if this is how the board fell.  There are so many teams we could potentially fleece at 3 in that scenario. 

Sticking and picking Oliver at 3 would only make sense in a world where Kyler Murray goes # 1, and none of the other QB's are valued high enough for teams to want to hop ahead of Oakland or the Giants. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Obviously Eisen's source wasn't making any predictions about trades, only who he felt those teams picking in the top 4 would do if forced to stick and pick. 

I love Ed Oliver, but even I would strongly prefer to trade down at 3 if this is how the board fell.  There are so many teams we could potentially fleece at 3 in that scenario. 

Sticking and picking Oliver at 3 would only make sense in a world where Kyler Murray goes # 1, and none of the other QB's are valued high enough for teams to want to hop ahead of Oakland or the Giants. 

If Macc is at three with both QBs still on the board and he can’t pull off a trade, they should launch him into the sun. The Raiders would laugh their ****iing asses off if Macc hands them all that instant leverage.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Macc is at three with both QBs still on the board and he can’t pull off a trade, they should launch him into the sun. The Raiders would laugh their ****iing asses off if Macc hands them all that instant leverage. 

Is there any scenario there where we could trade down and still get Oliver?  He's gone before 6, right?

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Let's say Murray doesn't go # 1 like Eisen's source is suggesting.  How would you adjust it?

Been watching some tape of Rosen

1) his rookie year was not nearly as bad as people make it out to be his OL was beyond putrid and he still was able to make some nice throws and his stats were about what Goff, Trubisky were as rookies

2) Rosen actually could fit in KK’s system

Yes Rosen can’t run but not all qbs in the air raid are mobile.  Brandon Weeden played air raid so did a couple other drop back qbs

KK’s system utilizes this play ALOT

I can see Rosen making the necessary throws and improvisation with this play

48F0CF19-CA73-4EEE-8EDA-86CF1243ACD6.jpeg

So if the cards keep Rosen and draft the best player QW (their defense stinks) that’s a good move

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Is there any scenario there where we could trade down and still get Oliver?  He's gone before 6, right?

Imo, the appeal of Oliver at three is that you’re taking a chance on a SPARQ freak, which has been anathema to Maccagnan, over a humble kid who’s maybe not that athletic in Q. Williams, which is Maccagnan’s lubriderm. The preferred path should be trading down and using your newfound resources to help Darnold. The fallback is staying put and drafting the best of a small group of players at positions you don’t really need

35 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is why we can't have nice things.

Just now, T0mShane said:

Imo, the appeal of Oliver at three is that you’re taking a chance on a SPARQ freak, which has been anathema to Maccagnan, over a humble kid who’s maybe not that athletic in Q. Williams, which is Maccagnan’s lubriderm. The preferred path should be trading down and using your newfound resources to help Darnold. The fallback is staying put and drafting the best of a small group of players at positions you don’t really need

if stuck at 3 the compromise is josh allen who is what the team needs on defense.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Q Williams not that athletic?

2B5AF116-DC96-41E0-8379-7C549372E7BC.thumb.jpeg.e672ea62339ea6fc33367742b77d7f8e.jpeg

9 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Rosen didn't look great last year, but he still looked better than Goff did as a rookie. Both played for bad, defensive minded Head Coaches and bad OCs. If Kingsbury is an offensive genius, like McVay, and you think Rosen is decent, it's kind of foolish to go with Murray....unless you think Murray is the next great QB. 

I think Rosen has talent but is too much of a statue for Kingsbuy's offensive system. Murray would be the better fit style wise.