Rich Eisen Tweet with Oliver going to Jets based on iffy sourcing

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Imo, the appeal of Oliver at three is that you’re taking a chance on a SPARQ freak, which has been anathema to Maccagnan, over a humble kid who’s maybe not that athletic in Q. Williams, which is Maccagnan’s lubriderm. The preferred path should be trading down and using your newfound resources to help Darnold. The fallback is staying put and drafting the best of a small group of players at positions you don’t really need

That's the thing. If they do take Oliver it means Williams is running sh*t now which is only gonna lead to disaster anyway.

1 minute ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

That's the thing. If they do take Oliver it means Williams is running sh*t now which is only gonna lead to disaster anyway.

Not true. Both he and QW interviewed well and are liked by Greg. 

This really is on Macc. As Tom said, taking Oliver would suggest a genuine shift in philosophy 

6 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

It is my secret hope that Gase and Williams stage a coup and we eventually get to Florham Park looking like the final ten minutes of Reservoir Dogs

Just now, Philc1 said:

QW’s 40 was excellent 

Well played, Phil.

I'm fine with QWilliams. I think it's the best pick Maccagnan is capable of making there. Better than taking Allen with both tackles on the board. I think my actual pick would be Burns if Oliver and Bosa were to somehow go 1-2 but that's not happening nor would that be Maccagnan's pick if it did.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Well played, Phil.

I'm fine with QWilliams. I think it's the best pick Maccagnan is capable of making there. Better than taking Allen with both tackles on the board. I think my actual pick would be Burns if Oliver and Bosa were to somehow go 1-2 but that's not happening nor would that be Maccagnan's pick if it did.

I like Allen more than you but there is a risk there.  Zero risk with QW and tbh no risk with Oliver either at least on the field I’m sure if we draft him he ends up playing interior DL

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

40 time is one small part of the metrics used to measure DL athleticism, and possibly the least important 

watching oliver change direction is intriguing i admit.  he's the type of player the jets haven't had in a while - a finisher, someone who can track down and tackle rather than merely chase.  

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

he did come in for a private visit.  but i still don't see this happening at 15.

It would be a savvy pick, imo. Fant runs better than every receiver except Marquise Brown and has better triangle numbers than any of the CBs you’d be drafting at that spot. 

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

watching oliver change direction is intriguing i admit.  he's the type of player the jets haven't had in a while - a finisher, someone who can track down and tackle rather than merely chase.  

If we went full-time 4-3, it’d be fun to watch Oliver, lined up next to Leonard, torturing guards.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

40 time is one small part of the metrics used to measure DL athleticism, and possibly the least important 

Williams is fine. He's great. I see all the same stuff as everybody else. It's just that we haven't seen that much of it and this is all about degrees of confidence. I view the surplus to requirements thing as more of an issue than with Oliver but Williams still seems like a safe pick with significant upside. It's not what I would do in any plausible scenario for tonight but I would accept it as the best Maccagnan can muster.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Yeah. Brian Burns not getting any consideration at 3 is odd. Position of need, checks the athletic boxes. But BAP defensive tackle. Again. 

Which is what makes Allen with clearly better choices on the board so Maccagnany. Who the **** let that guy into the top five in the first place. I'm guessing not Bosa.

Just now, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Williams is fine. He's great. I see all the same stuff as everybody else. It's just that we haven't seen that much of it and this is all about degrees of confidence. I view the surplus to requirements thing as more of an issue than with Oliver but Williams still seems like a safe pick with significant upside. It's not what I would do in any plausible scenario for tonight but I would accept it as the best Maccagnan can muster.

I think that’s the conventional wisdom. Quinnen would be a hearty, loyal gal with fine birthing hips. 

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Yeah. Brian Burns not getting any consideration at 3 is odd. Position of need, checks the athletic boxes. But BAP defensive tackle. Again. 

Can't see us taking him at 3 but, if we move down slightly (top 10), I'd love to get him.  His athletic numbers are terrific, plus he has the production to back up a top 10 selection.

59 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Haha. Breer’s final mock is up and he has the Jets trading back to 15 and picking Noah Fant, which is what my final mock said too. I’m very plugged in

Do you think its possible he lasts till 15??

I think the Bills might take him as a means to help develop Allen.