Rich Eisen Tweet with Oliver going to Jets based on iffy sourcing

10 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

It really depends what the Jets want in order to move back versus the Raiders who might be willing to take less to move back.  Jets might not be able to move back.

The worst news for everyone if Kyle Murray doesn't go number 1.      Why would a team trade up for a Qb when top two are still sitting there.    Some  teams are going to value Haskins , more than Murray.( he isn't a Luck type of Qb that is a no brainer). 

You can look at this in another aspect - with 2 QB's sitting at #3, one of them a being a surprise to be there , there will be many needy QB teams looking to jump ahead of one another.  At #4 the Raiders may be tempted to take Haskins or Murry. At 6 who knows what Giants may do so?  Teams like the Bengals? They'll be calling the Jets.

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

We agree on this, but he hasn't shown the ability to do the things you're projecting him to do. AJ Brown, N'Keal Harry, and Kelvin Harmon are those types of prospects.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-lead-draft-analyst-mike-renner-2019-nfl-mock-draft-2-rounds-1-3

This would give us a choice of Harmon/Boykin/Whiteside or Banogu at 68 and Edoga at 93.

2 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

So we give him no responsibility for his production?

That's like saying Hack sucked because he had bad receivers and his coach was a mope.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

You’re comparing Metcalf to the worst qb prospect of the past 30 years

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

We agree on this, but he hasn't shown the ability to do the things you're projecting him to do. AJ Brown, N'Keal Harry, and Kelvin Harmon are those types of prospects.

He hasn't not shown the ability to do those things. Using Metcalf as a rocked-up Julian Edelman would actually be really interesting. It gets him the ball a bunch and entails more changing speed than changing direction. You could hide a bunch of the problems with Cordarrelle Patterson if he was HUGE, right?

Just now, jetspenguin said:

I am suggesting that prospects are accountable for their production regardless of other circumstances.

Ok so how do you explain Chris Herndon

Sr Year Miami: 477 yds receiving

Rookie year NFL: 502 yds receiving

And this is with Herndon not starting for a significant portion of the games

1 minute ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I don't know that corner but assume he runs 4.6. I'm surprised they were able to stifle the lols and lay off Rapp there.

Also if it were to turn out that we spent the GNP of a small country on Mosley and Bell to watch Baltimore snap Banogu and Montgomery when we pass I will be more than a little upset.

19 minutes ago, Philc1 said:
Ok so how do you explain Chris Herndon

Sr Year Miami: 477 yds receiving

Rookie year NFL: 502 yds receiving

And this is with Herndon not starting for a significant portion of the games

He still had better stats over his college career than Metcalf did...and he wasn't even a wr....and we picked him in the 4th rd not 1st or 2nd.

4 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Also if it were to turn out that we spent the GNP of a small country on Mosley and Bell to watch Baltimore snap Banogu and Montgomery when we pass I will be more than a little upset.

But think of the fun we'll have posting a side by side StatTracker for the next two years

10 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

He hasn't not shown the ability to do those things. Using Metcalf as a rocked-up Julian Edelman would actually be really interesting. It gets him the ball a bunch and entails more changing speed than changing direction. You could hide a bunch of the problems with Cordarrelle Patterson if he was HUGE, right?

I'd try to keep DK as far away as possible from anywhere he might get tackled 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

4.52/7.01/4.1 ss

6'2, though. 

I don't know a lot. This DB class is real sh*tty so I didn't really go looking for the one guy to fill the spot across from Johnson. Have interest in Love or PSU guy, maybe the Florida safety as a slot corner, should any of them slide. Thornhill too but based on measurables he's been the guy I've taken seriously during this year's mad rush to get safeties into the first round in time for the last mock. You like Murphy? I wouldn't go near him or Baker so I'm kind of assuming Greedy goes quick tonight.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

the raiders have 3 first round picks, i don't see them trading out of 4 to get more picks.

The Raiders were always going to trade back at some point to recoup the third rounder, and sixth rounder they currently don’t have . ( trade for A Brown) .

Also M Mayock said the sweet spot is 20 -60 in the NFL draft, and they want to add as many picks in that area.

Raiders are staying at four for only two players, and both should be gone by four. ( Bosa, and Q Williams)

8 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I don't know a lot. This DB class is real sh*tty so I didn't really go looking for the one guy to fill the spot across from Johnson. Have interest in Love or PSU guy, maybe the Florida safety as a slot corner, should any of them slide. Thornhill too but based on measurables he's been the guy I've taken seriously during this year's mad rush to get safeties into the first round in time for the last mock. You like Murphy? I wouldn't go near him or Baker so I'm kind of assuming Greedy goes quick tonight.

The only two DB's I like in this draft are David Long from Michigan and Chauncey Gardner Webb (Florida guy). Long has some Revis-like measurables to him and is supposed to be tough as balls.

Just now, T0mShane said:

The only two DB's I like in this draft are David Long from Michigan and Chauncey Gardner Webb (Florida guy). Long has some Revis-like measurables to him and is supposed to be tough as balls.

Yeah, that guy.

I dunno where Long goes. He was out of the top hundred of a lot of the boards. That sounds more like a guy we'd have to find a second rounder for though.

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

JiF, my sarcasm detector just blew up. . . you can't handle the truth: the Cardinals aren't drafting Murray with the first overall pick. Be honest, you want me to be wrong. You need me to be wrong! 

I dont care who's picked 1st overall.  Legit, dont give a single solitary ****.  But I care about you, deeply.  I want you to be right, badly.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Long is a little on the small side, but I really like him.  I like some of the tiny school late round project types, but the problem with them is that we are still carrying Derrick Jones, and to a lesser extent Clark,  who fits that mold.  There is something about Greedy Williams that I do not like.  I liked Lonnie Johnson, but I only watched the bowl game and that was apparently like his only pick.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Long is a little on the small side, but I really like him.  I like some of the tiny school late round project types, but the problem with them is that we are still carrying Derrick Jones, and to a lesser extent Clark,  who fits that mold.  There is something about Greedy Williams that I do not like.  I liked Lonnie Johnson, but I only watched the bowl game and that was apparently like his only pick.  

I like Isiah Johnson too, based strictly on measurables. The top CBs are a weird, unathletic group this year, no?

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I like Isiah Johnson too, based strictly on measurables. The top CBs are a weird, unathletic group this year, no?

I kept waiting for him to show up on the visit list but he never did. And yeah, Murphy's bad, Baker's worse, and the next tier athletic projection guys are like Johnson, Bunting, Auburn dude, all of whom would be a rung lower still in a class with real prospects. Greedy has the same thing going for him that Metcalf does. Even ******* Jonah. The value isn't what you want early on but the dropoff is the same.

25 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I kept waiting for him to show up on the visit list but he never did. And yeah, Murphy's bad, Baker's worse, and the next tier athletic projection guys are like Johnson, Bunting, Auburn dude, all of whom would be a rung lower still in a class with real prospects. Greedy has the same thing going for him that Metcalf does. Even ******* Jonah. The value isn't what you want early on but the dropoff is the same.

He had a private workout with the Texans.  Isnt' that like the same thing?

37 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I saw they worked out Bunting, though 

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Oooooh Maccagnan so espionagey

I was thinking the Bazirgan for Carr swap, but sure.

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

He's this year's LSU DB. Sometimes you get Patrick Peterson, but mostly they just come around every spring to steal money. I will say this for them, though: at least they're not Alabama DB.

You mean they actually backpedal?