*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

Just now, jetstream23 said:

How many more years are on Avery Williamson‘s deal? Maybe Cashman is the reason they can let Avery walk after next year? 

Nah, doesn't work that way.

One day you're told that's the secret to the Pats and BB, get rid of players before their payday and draft the cheaper, younger replacement. 

Not when we draft a player, its bad.

Someone complained that we draft the same 5 or 6 positions.  DL, LB, DB, TE, OL, WR, RB how many are there to draft from?

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Well since almost 100% of the time when they weren't in a goaline formation Bell didn't have a fullback on front of him with the Steelers I don't see why he would love this. His running style is about patience and determining his own hole to run through. Somebody running in front my of him like that would hinder his style of running.

Big difference in the bodies Bell had in Pittsburgh vs NY.

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

But But But we didn't help Darnold!

Go look at what the Bills did for their franchise QB this offseason and tell me what's different between that and what Macc did for Darnold. And the Bills had less money.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Well since almost 100% of the time when they weren't in a goaline formation Bell didn't have a fullback on front of him with the Steelers I don't see why he would love this. His running style is about patience and determining his own hole to run through. Somebody running in front my of him like that would hinder his style of running.

Other than a blocking TE who is like another OL on the end of the line is not the same as a lead blocking FB in front of him. 

Just now, Xtina said:

Because they changed the front office. Here it is the same GM undoing his picks 

Or saying he is undoing his picks when he hasnt?  Confusing replacing players on the back of the roster with high picks from 3 years ago

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Other than a blocking TE who is like another OL on the end of the line is not the same as a lead blocking FB in front of him. 

Agreed. They aren’t lining up in a power I with a FB and half back. He’ll be on the end of the line kicking out OLBs. 

5 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Big difference in the bodies Bell had in Pittsburgh vs NY.

I don't know what that means. Gase said they were going to tailor the running game to fit what Bell has been successful with in Pittsburgh. A fullback goes against that.

12 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I like boring derpy picks on day three. When the upside is obvious and they're still around it should tell you something about the likelihood of getting there.

Edge Pittsburgh just took is like 99th percentile everything besides weight

16 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

How many more years are on Avery Williamson‘s deal? Maybe Cashman is the reason they can let Avery walk after next year? 

Which is this whole draft; Maccagnan investing in replacing his own mistakes to the exclusion of the rest of the roster. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Another year after this one, so good point and that’s possible. I’d be surprised if they let him walk though. But even still, if there’s anyone else on their board with even close to the same grade, they should have taken them. Inside linebacker isn’t only a non-premium position, its one of the only positions where there was zero need.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Quinnen is a direct replacement for Leo

Want to bet both are on the team?

And if they both play well next to each other, Leo plays well in particular, they try to sign him?

Yeah, Leo doesnt play well hes gone.  He would have been without QW

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Which is this whole draft; Maccagnan investing in replacing his own mistakes to the exclusion of the rest of the roster. 

FWIW cbs gave the pick an A-.  What’s wrong with adding a good player in the 5th round regardless of position?  The entire roster needs upgrading.  The jets picked 3rd for a reason.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Want to bet both are on the team?

And if they both play well next to each other, Leo plays well in particular, they try to sign him?

Yeah, Leo doesnt play well hes gone.  He would have been without QW

Yeah they're both on the team right now. It's 50/50 Leo makes it to the regular season on the team. Remember, they drafted Leo to replace Sheldon. We've all seen this movie before.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Yeah they're both on the team right now. It's 50/50 Leo makes it to the regular season on the team. Remember, they drafted Leo to replace Sheldon. We've all seen this movie before.

They never drafted Leo to replace Sheldon.

And Leo will be on the team this season.