joewilly12

*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

20 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Love it. Someone bought me a bottle of the 21 last year and it was so smooth. 

If you like Balvenie, they make a blend Monkey Shoulder at a great price point and very smooth. 

Monkey Shoulder is William Grant's blended malt -- heavily based on Glenfiddich, which makes sense at the price point.  Pretty good gateway Scotch.  The real sleepers in the Grant's lineup are their Glen Fohdry labels. These are single malt Speyside whiskies.  There is a NAS Double Oak which goes for $28.00 and a 12 year old for $38.00 (higher price than the Glenfiddich 12) and sometimes less on special deals.

The 12 is definitely not Glenfiddich, since it lacks that wet cardboard/funk on the nose and palate.  Maybe Kininvie?  The only Double Oak in their portfolio is The Balvenie.  They own only these three Speysides and I seriously doubt Grants would need to market other distillers' products since they are such a massive producer.  The only other distilleries they own are Alyssa Bay (lowlands) and Girvan (grain whisky only).

I am going with Balcones Texas Malt for the draft. :-)

8 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

William Grant owns The Balvenie and I think it was the original distiller of Monkey Shoulder -at least when I went to a scotch tasting a few years back that’s what the Scottish dude told us. 

Yes, Monkey Shoulder is a Grant label.  There is some Balvenie and Kininvie in there, but it is a much higher proportion of Glenfiddich.   

No surprise that they could not trade down.  With Rosen having to be dealt no leverage for other teams to trade up for QB.  

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Gary is the easiest bust pick

He was a bust before the draft.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

I predict he will become one of the most beloved Jets ever. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

One of my favorite things about the draft is how many "historical" picks are made every year. Like, "He is the first guy from a college that has a name that starts with a W and the player has a name that starts with a W too! History in the making!"

I am waiting for... "the only 4-year senior with only one testicle (but it's the size of a grapefruit) drafted in the 1st round from ...".

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Brilliant move by the Broncos. They traded down 10 spots for very little but that’s a great pick.

Raiders finally make a coherent pick.  Miracle. And a big let down.

1 minute ago, Fantasy Island said:

Half a case of beer, and I still can't make sense out of this draft.  Our misery might have company this year.

You need to switch to Scotch.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hate hate haaaaate when athletes talk about the “things I had to go through” 

Life is hard.  And then you die.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Always a good sign when you’re 175 lbs and have soft tissue leg injuries already. Much success to follow, for sure 

That "Liz Franc" injury always sounded like a sex change operation to me.

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I've torn my ACL, torn my labrum in my shoulder and has a lis franc fracture.  The lis franc fracture was by far the most painful.  I legitimately just cringed thinking about it.

Tony Montana voice:  "I was only kidding!"

Almost every part of my body is either broken or chronically injured from motorcycle racing; high level competitive bicycle racing; competitive tennis and, now, tennis coaching as an old guy.  I sympathize with your Lis Franc.  I know it's a very serious injury, despite the transexual name.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I like how the first thing they said on espn is that he had a disasterous combine and interview haha. 

You forgot the weight gain -- not muscle, but flabby weight gain.  Trifecta!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Imagine if Darron Lee is traded for the last pick in the NFL draft. 

So, which one is the real Mr. Irrelevant?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

Nasty attitude, physical good blocker.  So, potentially a blocking TE or ST guy.  Not much of a factor in the passing game until 2018 -- still no great shakes even then.  ??? pick.

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

They have said they’re in the market for another TE, this guy is like another OL.  This is how you can improve pass protection and run blocking without drafting another OL.  They’re going to maul people with him and the raiders G.

I guess he can also be used as an H back.  I've wanted a big TE who can get open, block, catch the ball  and be a safety valve down the middle (1st or 2nd round type).  Wesco isn't that guy, but hopefully a useful piece and more versatile than our current blocking TE's who have all reached their limited ceilings.  

8 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

You misunderstand people. People hate these picks because, while BPA does need to be considered, it has to be the BPA at a position of need! We picked a ******* nose tackle at #3 overall. I love my nose tackles, I do. Snacks, Pouha, Jenkins. Can't get enough of 'em. But we could have traded back, got the BPA at a position of need, and had tons of more draft capital to work with. Instead, we stack useless positions with questionable players, and trade picks to needlessly move up a single spot.

I'd say I want Mac to be fired, but the real problem is ownership. They'd just bring in another crap GM.

I think the "tons of draft capital" scenario is what everyone wanted. I am no fan of Macc's but the way the draft fell, trading down and scoring massive draft capital wasn't in the cards. They were handcuffed unless they sold the #3 at less than fair value.  Sometimes sh*t happens and your are forced into taking BPA.

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

How is Polite high-reward? His combine numbers would indicate low reward.

And did they really just draft a blocking tight end? We going holder next? If you didnt know better you'd think the Jets were intentionally botching this thing.

But his tape and production indicates high-reward.  Kid looks like he can play, despite his draft fiasco. So, also a crap shoot. The key is getting his head screwed on and keeping him in shape.  

3 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

No value vs below fair value. Easy choice. We didn't need to make out like bandits. 

Q is "no value"?  LOL.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company