joewilly12

*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

how is anyone remotely surprised

Arizona was never not taking Murray so San Francisco was never not taking Bosa so this was almost entirely inevitable.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Untouchable said:

High motor, great character kid but holy sh*t...I thought he’d go in that 20-25 range.

He sets the edge well, but I don’t see him ever being more than a 6-8 sack a year guy.

The composite board I put together actually had him 14th. So it's not much of a reach by people's own rankings. It's just not very Raidersy.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

At this point, you have to eat the loss on Darron Lee and Leo, and just get what you can for them. The WR and OL talent through R2 are too good to just sit and watch others pick from.

I'll trade veterans for extra 3s the way I'm expecting this to go.

• Upvote 1

Now we HAVE to use the next pick on an offensive lineman because the guard we just traded a pick for the privilege of paying ten million dollars a year is gonna need some help.

1 minute ago, Obrien2Toon said:

I think I’d prefer Wilkins over Williams

In an hour and a half or so the Patriots are gonna take Tillery or Lawrence and we're gonna have to spend the next five months wondering if we used the third pick on the fourth-best rookie DT in the division.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I’d take Dalton Risner over every other center prospect available.

2-3 years from now I could see Risner being a pro-bowl caliber player and a better pro than Bradbury.

He would be my personal top target along with guys like Taylor, Ferguson, Winovich and Brown/Metcalf.

Winovich all day but broad no to all of these lists of guys who people guessed were going in the first round and didn't. That doesn't mean they're just value now. It means the projection was off and who knows by how much. If Metcalf takes another neck shot or were to ever find himself being chased by an alligator he's just done. Not to mention the whole being a huge project thing. Same with the OL. Cannot wait to get somebody who got passed over for Titus Magoo of Directional Arkansas Community College because there's certainly no shame in that.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Rap saying the Jets are looking into trading into the top part of the 2nd round for C, CB or Pass rusher

Well at least if we're going to let Maccagnan turn multiple picks into one pick while he's cleaning out his desk I'm glad we have a clear goal in mind.

Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I think wait to 3rd round and take your shots. cant be any worse than other years 

Winovich is the only guy. I'm not trading up for somebody because I read his name in a mock draft.

Just now, dbatesman said:

Wow, sounds like this guy was the best player in the draft

This draft is so much better than Oliver and Winovich and Boykin.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAVE YOU SEEN THIS INFOGRAPHIC

PASS.jpg

JT Olson’s Final Top 100 Big Board

April 24, 2019 JT Olson Rankings, Updated 0

SHARES

With the NFL Draft less than a day away its a great time to take a look at my top 100 players of the 2019 NFL Draft. Listed below is my Final Top 100 Big Board based on how I rank the players.

1. Quinnen Williams
  2. Nick Bosa
  3. Jonah Williams
  4. Ed Oliver
  5. Yondy Cajuste – injury
  6. Cody Ford
  7. Joshua Jacobs
  8. Jeffrey Simmons
  9. Byron Murphy
  10. Darnell Savage
  11. Devin Bush
  12. Jachai Polite – character
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Your thoughts? There's no way Polite can be good, yes? 

Yeah, Tom, there's a shot. I mean I'm standing here jumping up and down for the 3sigma sparq guys and a waldo rusher but this definitely looks like a winner.

• Haha 1

Mockdraftable's athletic comps for Wesco include Amaro, Pociask, and Sean Ryan. So presumably we think he can block as opposed to just being a guy who can't catch.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

How is Polite high-reward? His combine numbers would indicate low reward.

And did they really just draft a blocking tight end? We going holder next? If you didnt know better you'd think the Jets were intentionally botching this thing.

There are any number of reasons to think that the combine numbers aren't representative of his athletic ability. That's the good news. The bad news is that they're representative of his brain and that's worse.

Wesco is whatever. If he's our TE2 in reasonably short order the pick is a win. Everybody loves to take lottery tickets on day three but nobody has any real clue what they're worth relative to each other or to these kinds of picks.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Agreed, frankly.

I agree on the having no plan and fixing his own mistakes. I like that this year he seems to have gone with the low-variance approach to day three and if we can assume that context I think the picks make a lot of sense. Thursday is not Friday is not Saturday. You know who the top guys are because for the most part they're the ones you see coming a year or more out. There's more information and it's more reliable and it's mostly about just plain good in a vacuum. The next day is about getting starters+ where that isn't a given just based on sheer talent so fit is more of a consideration. The third day is more about overall approach than individual picks, which is fine because there is the least and least reliable information available and sort of just by tacit admission the teams aren't really all that sure themselves. ITT people are talking about all three the same because the capsule scouting reports come from the same places but it isn't the same at all.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

I like boring derpy picks on day three. When the upside is obvious and they're still around it should tell you something about the likelihood of getting there.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Edge Pittsburgh just took is like 99th percentile everything besides weight

I don't really look at that as an shot pick though. For Smith it's more along the lines of the athleticism and general skill set as the floor, not the ceiling. It's not a long odds gamble that he's gonna turn into the edge rusher those 99s portend so much as that the athleticism and general football chops are an assurance that he'll be useful for something. I like the pick though. I would definitely have looked at him vs Cashman.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company