joewilly12

*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

1 minute ago, Hackenberg said:

2 season tickets for the next 100 years 

It will be interactive Play Station football by that time! Without a QB that Giant fan would be better off selling those tickets to SAR 1

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Gentleman tried to make up for Darnold with Daniel Jones 

Ok 

But at least he got a RB who will lead the league in rushing on a 6-10 team while they wait until 2020 for Jones to see the field....... SMH

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Don't have the DEs for it. Usually 4-3 DEs are speedy guys that pass rush, not big brutish/athletic guys.

They certainly will have the push up front to be up in Brady’s grill and control LOS

Better get some OL fast..... Buffalo is coming for Sammy😱

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Mac drafted another solid, high ranked player that will insulate himself from possible criticism but does nothing to improve this team where we need it. 

Think about it. Prior to tonight, we have spent 3 1st round picks on 3-4 DE's in recent history. Only one is left on the team and overall, we the team wasnt any better with vs without them. The 6th overall pick that's left on the team more than likely wont see a second contract with the Jets because that salary is not worth it for a solid run stuffing DE. Just like a 3rd overall pick isnt worth it for a 3-4 DE. 

Hell, the DE we got for a 7th round pick had significantly more of an impact than our 6th overall DE!  Which also brings up the point, who hits the bench in our base package? The underwhelming guy that hasn't lived up to his draft spot? The guy we just spent a 3rd overall on to replace the aforementioned underachieving pick? Or the guy we got for nothing that actually has some impact in the game? 

The most impactful dlineman we have had was an undrafted nose tackle. You dont need to spent top first round picks on on 3-4 lineman! They dont change the game and the Henry Andersons and Mike DeVitos of the world are more than sufficient!

Q Will might be a good player, but he plays the wrong position! 3-4 DE is not a high impact, game changing position. Much like safety, but that's another story. 5 years later, its apparent we misused a 6th overall on Leonard. So we either just used a 3rd overall because our 6th overall had no impact by himself, or we used it to replace the failed 6th overall. Either way, it's another wasted f*cking pick

That’s why Leo needs to be flipped for a 2nd. Get what you can and draft OL 2nd and Center 3A and WR 3B. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Problem remains decent solid reliable DTs -Snacks, Devito, Anderson-can be had as free agents every season. The marginal utility of either Williams makes picking them so high ridiculous, doing so twice in 4 years, complete idiocy. Why would anyone give you a #2 for Leo? 

If a team in need of a quality DT didn’t get it in the 1st and feel Leo would be an upgrade for a mid 2nd. If you believe Leo isn’t a quality DT you’re crazy. I was hoping to keep him with Greg Williams but now that Q was picked he’s expendable 

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Jags traded their 2 and 4 to Oakland for their 2, 5, and 7

Thanks for the info UWF. I was just about to type “Why don’t these freaking announcers give any of the trade details. Same thing last night

There goes the Seahawk pick trade it to someone other than the Jets. I knew that was a bunch of crap.

12 minutes ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

I've been on the Polite train for a while now.  I would have been fine with Winovich, who was probably the safer pick, but Polite definitely has the higher ceiling.  

Is Kelvin Harmon still out there?  IMO he's a steal at this point in the draft.  

Don’t watch much college ball..... does Fla run a 3-4 D? 

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I have to admit after watching highlights, he’s got moves and burst.  

AND good bend and dip!

1 minute ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

Yes.  He lined up mainly in a 2 point stance and he played both sides.  

Thanks! Watching some highlights and the info you gave I feel good about the pick.

4 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

I’d say that’s good value right there!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Yes people dont like me because I choose to take it easy and not take it seriously. Instead people choose to be miserable. Dont get it

Don’t botherUWF.... not worth your time

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Are those two guys in between drafted?

I think they come from less competitive conferences. I would think not

6 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

The 2 guys ranked higher than him on your PFF chart aren't drafted yet if that's what we're going off of

I guess you missed my response after that post. Your loss! 😁

2 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Plays quick. If he ran 4.5 he wouldn’t be around in the third. 

Terrell Suggs fell after a bad combine to Ravens. That worked out ok

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

YES! YES! YES!

Fight On!

Can you give your insights on this Guy?

7 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I listen to a lot of NFL radio as well and this guy was brought up and discussed all over the place. He was projected to go 4-5th rd and most felt he could very well be one of the top 3-5 TE in the entire draft.

Again, I am
Upset that we didn’t take. Damned C by now and we let M Jordan and ridley get away but this pick may be much better than we think right now.

If we can grab pierschbacher in the 5th I will be happy. This one is tough to swallow with no C but it’s a very strong pick.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I think he was taken earlier than Westco

1 minute ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Whatever, at least it's ******* over. Bye

Mac may yet send a 2020 5th rd pick for a 2019 7th! LOLZ

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company