joewilly12

*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

As an aside.  A trip to Nashville is well worth it.  I was lucky enough to go to a 4 day conference there a few summers ago.  The city is really well layed out and Broadway and that area (where the draft is) is a very cool place.  Awesome entertainment and excellent food.

Just some tremendous musical talent even if you are not a big country fan.  Just a fun and interesting place to visit.

lol Wilfork and Deangelo willaims......Wilfork looks like a cross between don cherry and a clown

Some team is going to get a steal when they trade for Rosen on the cheap.

• Like 1

I guess we can no look forward to the 4th or 5th rated center in the 3rd round now.

Quinnen is going to look good consoling darnold after he is being hauled off the field.

• Upvote 1

Well at least I am going to get some nice points in the jetsnation mock draft competition.  😁

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, Leo, McClendon, Henry Anderson and Quinnen... how does this work?

You forgot our 27 year old small schooler from Canada we drafted in the 3rd last year.

6th on leo

21st of lee

6th on jamal adams

3rd on williams.

This team should be the 85 bears.

This tool of a gm had no outside pass rusher, no quality O tackle, no offensive weapon WR/TE and no #1 CB the day he walked into the building and after 5 drafts he still has none of those.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 2

DT 1-6th overall

DT 1-3rd overall

DT 3-72 overall

S 1-6th overall

S 2-39 overall

And we have drafted two olineman 5th and 6th rounders in that time.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

So we 100% totally wasted a 3rd round pick from last year in Sheppard I guess.  Meanwhile a few starting calibre centers were drafted after him.

There is no team building plan with this team at all in the least.  That much is obvious.  You can fall back on the BAP thin as often as you want and have a host of DTs and S and such but it's mind bogging how few of the important holes this guy has filled via the draft.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Alot of you are going to feel foolish looking back and not wanting us to have this generational talent Williams.

He is going to be impactful and take over games at his position.

Did you have this same response cued up for leo williams and jamal adams?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

@Beerfish Tytus might help you win the JN draft!

Yeah that one looks good for me now I was also a plus on ferrell and thought for sure i would be a minus with him.

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Why are we mentioning an All-pro here?

Because those generational talents lead the jets to the 29th ranked defense and 5 wins

• Upvote 2

"Just one year of big-time production, but he's an instinctive rusher with natural feel for attacking the pocket. Polite's frightening speed to the edge on tape was missing in his pre-draft workouts as he showed up much heavier and with purported hamstring issues during all of his testing. The game tape shows an ability to rush the pocket with a fluid, diverse attack, but he might not have the grit necessary to play the run as a 3-4 outside linebacker on early downs. His troubling post-season that included bad combine interviews, bad workouts and additional weight around the midsection has substantially clouded his draft standing into the boom-or-bust category. "

Time or macs obligatory trade down to get a 5th or 6th rounder about now I would say.

• Upvote 1

We drafted a pug?    Better than the hackenburg pick anyway.

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Depends. Maybe the Jets have a certain number players in that range a big group packed together here in the 115-125 range?

no reason to make a trade on a depends if we get lucky.  You trade up if there is a guy you want you trade down to get more picks.  First trade was good this 2nd one makes no sense.

• Upvote 1

Just now, greenwave81 said:

168 is in the 6th rd, so apparently he gave up that pick to get into the 5th

rounds are just a chalk line the important thing is overall pick #

• Upvote 3

Mac the pu$$y.  The coach got mad at him for not getting his fav blocking Te in Fells and so we have to make him happy with the worthless blocking TE in the 4th, a guy we already have.  A total 10 snap a game maybe guy instead of going for a player that might develop into a full time regular.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, pdxgreen said:

If this pick means means we can dump Leggett then I am all for it.

This is the issue though right?  Need to draft a Te in the 4th because the Te we drafted in the 4th two years ago sucks.

This is why our Gm is so utterly terrible.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Pac said:

but it is your fault for absurdly acting as if the book has been written on Q.

holy crap some of you are legit bonkers.

Have you ever been even close to right about any player at all?

I mean you loved 9/10's of all Mac picks.

It is legit tough to be as wrong as often and as thoroughly as you are regarding players.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company