joewilly12

*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

More people getting on the Quinnen Williams to the Cardinals bandwagon. If that's true and Bosa goes to SF, I think the Jets either trade down or draft Ed Oliver

• Upvote 2

Just now, jbt said:

why don't they like Allen?  Can Oliver become anything close to Donald? 

I think for Allen's his tape has not backed up his numbers. He seems like a speed only guy with few moves in his repertoire.  He might become a great pass rusher in the future, but he is not the instant impact guy that you take at 3

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I have been pondering this point at great length the last few weeks.  I keep thinking "but Gholston had 14 sacks in his last college season".  But then I look deeper and I see Gholston only had a total of 37 tackles while Allen had 88.  So while Gholston was truly a 1-trick pony, Allen seems to be much more complete, dropping into coverage and making a lot of regular tackles, not just the 1 sack per game highlight ones.  I have read what you said about his repertoire being a bit thin but everything I've seen says his motor is always on and that he's got all of the physical tools you want, which are the things that you generally can't improve.  

So even knowing he's not perfect right out of the box, I think I'd like him as a pick.

I agree that Allen is a much better overall player then Gholston ever was. I would be fine with any of those 4 or trade down. Each of them have pluses and minuses. 

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

True, but Allen is a hard working kid that gets better every year and has no holes in his game. Whatever you ask him to do, he can do PLUS he has the skills to be a great pass rusher. It's not like it's easy to get 17 sacks in the SEC. 

The way I look at it is that he was able to get 17 sacks without refined pass rushing moves, now imagine what he can do when he is properly coached? 

Fair point. Again I would be happy with Williams, Oliver, Allen, or Bosa

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsbb said:

How desperate is Maccagnan? Watch him trade to the Bills for a 2nd and 4th this year and a 2nd next year. Less than he gave up to go up 3 less spots

PLus the 1? I would take that

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Ian Rap saying that we’re most likely going to trade out within the top 10. Macc doesn’t really love the idea of leaving the top 10. Would have to be a great deal.

To leave the top ten or to trade in general

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

Jaguars are fools. Don't they know you can get offensive line talent by never drafting it? 

Mac playing 3d Chess.

Take some prozac my man, you need to chiiiilllllllll

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, sec101row23 said:

Just swapped 2’s and a 5th 

Exactly. Jets dont have a 2 so therefore they cant trade up

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

Dont know if this will even be read amongst the angry mob but every trade here in the second round has involved a swap of 2nd rounders. Jets dont have a 2nd rounder so no way they could trade up

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Jets4Life1979 said:

I knew this schmuck wouldnt be able to get in to the 2nd round

Good for you. Have a cookie

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, fusionCA said:

this is actually the guy no one wanted 

Nope you wanted pass rushers. Cant complain

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 7
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Sounds like a guy you take a flyer on in the 6th round.....

No some people are saying this is where he would have gone

Just now, johnnysd said:

Look I hope Polite is a beast and Williams is the next Reggie White. But quite simply a year after drafting Darnold this draft is just completely clueless. This entire offseason had to be about Darnold, but McSchithead just keeps putting all of our draft resources into defense, being super conservative in the first, and "clever" looking for a steal afterwards. It's so frustrating. Our GM and ownership have literally no clue. Whatever. I can almost guarantee CB at 94 too. Book it.

So yo dont want a pass rush Okay

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company