joewilly12

*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

As I get over my frustration about not trading down, I can’t knock Mac for taking Williams. He’s a special player. This from a Jets fan who watched Jets GMs not take the BPA over and over again for decades and give us gems like Roger Vick and Kyle Brady. 

Maybe they just didn’t get a good enough offer to trade down. Maybe Rosen going on the market was the reason.

Nonetheless, really worried about OL. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Leonard Williams II. Yay

No. This guy is immeasurably better. And unlike Leonard, he is a true pass rusher. 

• Upvote 1

Watch Buffalo luck into Josh Allen. Could create some locker room confusion though. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

If this kid has his head on straight that is an unbelievable pick.

That makes me feel better. 

The good: he’s only 21. 

The bad: DARNOLD IS GOING TO GET KILLED BECAUSE OUR CENTER IS A PARKING ATTENDANT 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Meanwhile, in other news,  @#27TheDominator is killing the mock draft.  Lindstrom 8 picks earlier, Banogu, Hurd and Okekere all a round earlier than I picked them.  I wonder if Boykin will go before 102 where I picked him.

My top four guys — Bosa, Whiteside, Savage and Miles Sanders—were all taken in the first two rounds. 

• Upvote 2

Wonder if tthis Froholdt guy can play center.

This is what NFL.com says:

Overview

Froholdt has primarily lined up at guard, but a move to center might give him his best shot as a pro. He has good power to absorb and neutralize at the point of attack, but there just aren't enough wins as an in-line blocker due to his lack of push. Froholdt also struggles to protect his edges through foot quickness or functional power and he should be able to get the help he needs at center. His ability to play both guard and center strengthens his case to become a solid backup who can step in and start in a pinch.

2 minutes ago, tdoublee said:

Strange Ridley is still out there. Some call him the best route runner in this draft.

The analytics crowd hates Ridley. 

Can’t believe people are complaining about getting more picks. You do realize most of the players picked in these rounds are going to end up being JAGS, right? More picks means more chances of hitting on a winner. 

At least he sounds like a guy who can contribute immediately. But the Jets center situation remains the greatest of JetNation mysteries. 

5 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Kelvin Harmon is still left at WR

I liked him going into the draft, but a bad combine, a bad pro day and questions about his age have really clobbered him. 

Maybe the Jets can find the Snacks Harrison of centers in the UDFA market this evening!

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company