joewilly12

*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

14 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I have been pondering this point at great length the last few weeks.  I keep thinking "but Gholston had 14 sacks in his last college season".  But then I look deeper and I see Gholston only had a total of 37 tackles while Allen had 88.  So while Gholston was truly a 1-trick pony, Allen seems to be much more complete, dropping into coverage and making a lot of regular tackles, not just the 1 sack per game highlight ones.  I have read what you said about his repertoire being a bit thin but everything I've seen says his motor is always on and that he's got all of the physical tools you want, which are the things that you generally can't improve.  

So even knowing he's not perfect right out of the box, I think I'd like him as a pick.

i also like that allen caused 5 fumbles last year.  he uses his long arms.  i would rather have allen or oliver than Q, and i hope the new jets analytics department puts the kybosh on the Q hype.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

and then the jets use their pick on a center to block him?

Just now, TeddEY said:

Would love a fact check on the last time teams in the same division made a top of the draft trade.

i wonder if the main reason mccagnan would do this is b/c he knows the bills wouldn't be getting a qb.  

22 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Jets aren't getting a QB either.  Wouldn't you rather trade with a team that is getting a QB?  More value, doesn't take a position player off the board.

my point was that the jets wouldn't consider trading with a division rival if they knew the bills were targeting a qb.  but i don't think mccagnan would care if he helped the bills get Q if he got good compensation.

• Upvote 1

Just now, TeddEY said:

I got the point.  I still wouldn't do it, and I don't think there's any prescient for it.

if the jets got a good haul i would do it.  the jets need players.  there would still be quality edge rushers there at 9.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

Watching red carpet. Jonah William's is a big dude. Rocking the size 17 shoes. Big boy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using JetNation.com mobile app

I am predicting the jets draft Jonah williams in a trade back with either buffalo at 9 or Denver at 10.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I've spent all my energy thinking about trades I haven't even thought about who I want if they do trade.

Gun to my head, Jonah Williams.

Unless Oliver is still wherever they land.

Yep, we’re getting Jonah at 9 or 10.

Just now, choon328 said:

Leo needs to be traded. That's the only way this sense.

Before they’d have to pay him.  Mccagnan would be a dirty dog if he had a trade lined up for tomorrow.

Just now, Beerfish said:

I guess we can no look forward to the 4th or 5th rated center in the 3rd round now.

Quinnen is going to look good consoling darnold after he is being hauled off the field.

But at least quinnen won’t have sacked him.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

At this point, you have to eat the loss on Darron Lee and Leo, and just get what you can for them. The WR and OL talent through R2 are too good to just sit and watch others pick from.

Mccagnan knows he needs to improve the OL.  Can’t wait to see if anyone gets dealt tomorrow.

Just now, BroadwayRay said:

No. This guy is immeasurably better. And unlike Leonard, he is a true pass rusher. 

They are drafting redundantly.  

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Yeah, I have a bad taste in my mouth over that.

Something tells me the jets are going to package a pick in next year’s draft to move up from the 3rd to 2nd round to grab a center.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

From your mouth...

I can’t see him sitting on his hands for the entire 2nd round.  So yeah.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Is Quinnen Williams studlier than the last stud player we drafted at six to pressure Tom Brady? Or the guy we just paid $8 mil per to to pressure Brady up the middle? I’ll just assume that he’s studlier than the 28 year old DT we took in the third round last year to pressure Tom Brady.

Reminds me when the lions drafted dud wrs at the top of the draft two years going, then had the cajones to take Calvin Johnson.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Now we HAVE to use the next pick on an offensive lineman because the guard we just traded a pick for the privilege of paying ten million dollars a year is gonna need some help.

There should be a lot of options in the 3rd...

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lith said:

Yep, using next year’s draft capital.  Or discounting Leo or lee.  One of those guys should be traded tomorrow - probably lee, since Leo was modeling the uniforms.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Not at center. You’re looking ORT at that point 

I was joking unfortunately.  I think mccagnan winds up dealing 2020 draft capital to fix the OL again.

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

Ok....do we have proof somebody offered offered us a 2nd?  The olinemen in this strong isn’t as strong as the defensive players.  

Yet each team is going to have to field an offensive line and block these guys.

Just now, TeddEY said:

No one is actually saying he’s not a good player.  Just like the rest of macc’s cowardly auto-drafts, he doesn’t actually add anything that matters in today’s nfl.

I think what bugs me the most is that with no 2nd round pick there needed to be more creativity and resourcefulness in using the #3 pick.  This team hasn’t added an OL in the top 2 rounds since ducasse.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Haskins falling to 15 shows you this was a bad year for trading down from the top. Nobody was viewed as worth the price for trading into top 5. I’m not a Macc fan, but what did you want him to do?. If he traded down for less than chart value you would have killed him for that too. 

The bills got oliver at 9.  Jags got allen at 7.  

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm starting to get the impression that all the rumors of the Jets having trade partners, etc. were all rumors from the Jets trying to create a market that wasn't there.

Or very lowball offers.  But yeah i agree.  Mccagnan probably did the right thing.  And i think if the jets had their 2nd round pick it would be sitting better with me b/c that would probably be for offensive line.  Maybe mccagnan can get creative and get back into the 2nd and grab a center.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Larz said:

Anybody upset with the Quinnen Williams pick, that’s on you 

it was the most likely pick for months 

True but many here like me were in denial.  I like it there.

• Haha 1

Just now, PS17 said:

This is an incredibly boring draft.

Qbs suck.  Wrs suck.  No top OL.  No top cbs.  Weak rb class.  No sexy players at all.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tony The Wiz said:

Giants need a center and should pick Bradburry. If not a center than a DE in Montez Sweat. His heart condition was mis diagnosed 

Dillard.

Just now, The Crimson King said:

Giants draft is a real head scratcher

I would like to compare the jets 2 picks in the 3rd round to the 2 the giants made in the first.

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Its not Quinnen that we're annoyed with, its the recent history of this franchises drafts. 

Are you aware of the last decade + of Jets drafts? 

2019: DT Q. Williams

2018: Sam, obviously, and then DTs nate Sheppard and Folatsu Fatusak-something in that draft

2017: Safety J Adams, Safety Maye in the 2nd

2016: LB D Lee

2015: DT Leonard Williams at 6

2014: S Calvin Pryor

2013: CB Dee Milliner, DT Sheldon Richardson

2012: DL Quentin Coples

2011: DL Mo Wilkerson

2010: CB Kyle Wilson

2009: Sanchez

2008: DL Vernon Gholston

2007: Revis

Have to Go All the way back to 2006 for first round O line.

Notice also, over 13 years not one WR, no Edge Rushers in the 1st. 

Its a ton of D Line and Safeties, with an ILB thrown in the mix. Not how you build a good NFL roster in today's game 

Its like the record is skipping or something.

True but more specifically, the Q pick happened b/c Leo is a jag.  And lee is probably off the team this year or next.  Q was the correct pick, i actually think he’s going to be very good or even great.  

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Not one WR picked so far and only one TE. No mention of RBs yet. Terrible draft for offensive firepower.

Kudos to our prescient gm for signing bell and crowder.

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

And Montgomery. 

With Herndon a year older I’m not that worried about our firepower. 

If the OL gets at least 1 decent prospect tomorrow mccagnan did well with his picks.  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company