joewilly12

*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

Wait, read a few pages back that he ran a 4.84 at only like 260? Jesus christ...I was a terrible football player and far from a track star, and even I could run faster than that when I hit 260...even at 5'11".

I get that sh*t happens sometimes, but was he not dieting properly? I get food is ******* tasty, and losing weight sucks, but when I wanted my job, I sucked it up and lost fat. To GAIN weight, you just need to do it slowly and lift consistently. Pretty simple, but he couldn't even do that.

• Upvote 2

Love McAfee, lol. Bring him back on Rough N' Rowdy!

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well now it's been spoiled on here. Jets drafted Chuma Edoga, OT from USC

Um, no, it wasn't spoiled. EDIT: insult towards you (beat Max to it)

• Upvote 1

So now Mac can't make good trades either? That was his only good quality...

I dunno about the player, but why the hell trade 217 for him? Doubt he'd have gone the previous pick.

• Upvote 2

I think that's a good trade, but still pissed at giving 217 to unnecessarily move up one fucking spot.

Are you ******* kidding me? A tight end? We literally just drafted a 4th-round TE last draft...

I hate this team.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, mrcoops said:

Guys, Wesco is a great pick. Great athlete who can run, catch and block. Terrific upside.

It's not about him as a player. It's that we're fine at TE, and we have so many more needs. What about Riley Ridley?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

So in the first round Mac sucked because he went with the "safe" pick.  In the third round Mac sucked because he went with the "high-risk/high-reward" guy.  In the fourth round he sucks again because he went with the "safe" pick again.

Amazing.

You misunderstand people. People hate these picks because, while BPA does need to be considered, it has to be the BPA at a position of need! We picked a ******* nose tackle at #3 overall. I love my nose tackles, I do. Snacks, Pouha, Jenkins. Can't get enough of 'em. But we could have traded back, got the BPA at a position of need, and had tons of more draft capital to work with. Instead, we stack useless positions with questionable players, and trade picks to needlessly move up a single spot.

I'd say I want Mac to be fired, but the real problem is ownership. They'd just bring in another crap GM.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1

Though I will defend the last trade back. If there were two players he wanted that could be picked between the pick we traded back to, and the pick 9 spots up, it'd make sense. Think of it this way:

You have 2 picks (ignore the random numbers that aren't similar values): the 116th, and the 148th. Joe has the 124th and the 140th. You believe the two players you're targeting will go 130th and 145th. By not making this trade, you can only get one. By making the trade, you can get both.

So if that's what he was doing, it makes sense. But it's Mac, so I doubt that was his thinking.

8 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

I think the "tons of draft capital" scenario is what everyone wanted. I am no fan of Macc's but the way the draft fell, trading down and scoring massive draft capital wasn't in the cards. They were handcuffed unless they sold the #3 at less than fair value.  Sometimes sh*t happens and your are forced into taking BPA.

No value vs below fair value. Easy choice. We didn't need to make out like bandits. 

52 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

Q is "no value"?  LOL.

Not what I said. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company