joewilly12

*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

3 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Joke, or actual question?

If he's joking, I'll ask it as a serious question...

2 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

No offense to you Klecko, but the reason is for the better part of two months every one on this board who had the temerity to suggest that Quinnen Williams was a talent, equal to, and possibly better than Ed Oliver, was ripped apart, ridiculed, and told that they didn't know Jack Sh#t about football, by some of the so called "draft experts" on this board.  That's why.

Truth.

I remember how high you were on this guy from the beginning. It's funny, but people on this board seem to "tire" of the early, consensus choices, be it HC's or draft picks. In this instance we came full circle back to QW, after quite a few flavors of the week rose and fell.

I'll be honest, I never really wanted him, for no reason, except I was always a Josh Allen fan. Williams is a Jet now though, and the same way I learned to accept Darnold over Mayfield last year, I'll get behind Q. It'll be even easier this year, because I like an underdog, and this guy is getting bashed here tonight whereas Darnold was immediately accepted by this board.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Seems to be a trend with the Giants, Eli is as white toast as they come...,out of Ole Miss. 😳

Oh jeez, is this really going to become a thing here?

I mean c'mon, we're doing this because the NYG took Jones? Darnold is as white bread as it gets. Where was this outrage when we passed on Watson and Mahomes? Not to mention the line that some here tiptoed when talking about Bowles and his DC when they were both here.

Lets just save the holier then thou crap for CNN, ok?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Thanks, but my history says none of those 36 players will be the Jets pick at #68 😂

@joenamathwouldn'tcry was right. You did a great job with that list. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Dolphins got Rosen for a second round pick.

EDIT oops. not yet they haven't....

3 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

My 2nd best QB in this draft going to Denver in the 2nd round. Elway is a genius !!

Excellent first 3 picks for Denver.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

My Top 25 Jets Targets with 20 Picks to Go

1.       D.K. Metcalf WR MISS

2.       A.J. Brown WR MISS

3.       Parris Campbell WR OHIOST

4.       Jaylon Ferguson EDGE LATECH

5.       Yodny Cajuste OL WVU

6.       JJ Arcega-Whiteside WR STNFRD

7.       Hakeem Butler WR IOWAST

8.       Terry McLaurin WR OHIOST

9.       Kelvin Harmon WR NCST

10.   Irv Smith Jr. TE BAMA

11.   Lonnie Johnson CB UK

12.   Justin Layne CB MICHST

13.   Julian Love CB ND

14.   Riley Ridley WR UGA

15.   Chase Winovich EDGE MICH

16.   Amani Oruwariye CB PSU

17.   Anthony Johnson WR BUFF

18.   Jace Sternberger TE TXAM

19.   Michael Jordan OL OHIOST

20.   David Edwards OL WISC

21.   Michael Deiter OL WISC

22.   Emanuel Hall WR MIZZOU

23.   Andy Isabella WR MA

24.   Mecole Hardman WR UGA

25.   Connor McGovern OL PSU

Thanks man. Appreciate that you keep doing this.

We actually have some nice options on this list.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

I'm starting to get the feeling we're going to get two really good players tonight.

There's some nice names left.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

They are too smart for that...that bust is all ours

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

So we could get Winovich and Polite in the 3rd and be really happy.

But you just know it'll be Metcalf, don't you?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Here's the pick for all of you who wanted Maccagnan to go off script, take a chance, think outside of the box, go for the unconventional choice, not take the best player available, don't take the safe pick, etc., etc., etc...……  All rolled into one.....   Happy now??

Actually I'm ecstatic. LOL.

Mentioned him earlier tonight in this thread as the guy I wanted us to get...

QW and Polite. Nobody would've believed it could happen two months ago, and yet people here are complaining. ](*,)

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Gregs mom was hotter than Dharma.

Change my mind....

LOL

What was her name, Jenna Ellman? 

I remember one time saying how hot she was. My buddy said "yeah, in a WNBA kind of way" F'ing smart ass.

32 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Y'all need to stop the snarkfest.  

QW is a boring legit good pick

Polite and this USC OL have legit upside ... and legit downside.  But its 3rd rounders who have a 30% chance hit chance anyway - swing for the fences, both positions of need.

This whole draft is really going to be about coaching.  Which we haven't had since Bill Parcells - can Gase and Williams coach these guys up to their potential.  Can our strength and conditioning team max these guys out.

I hate to sound like a homer, but I'll be really surprised if BOTH of our 3rd round picks aren't big time players for the Jets.

I really like what Macc did yesterday and tonight, and if we can get one more solid contributor out of the 4th round, then some  nice depth guys, this could be the draft we've been waiting years for.

28 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Considering we didn’t have our 2nd round pick I really like our draft.  We tried trading down but it’s obvious the offers were crap so we took probably the 2nd best talent who will  help Leo.  Polite has issues for sure but he is a first round talent and if Gregg Williams can click with him he is a major steal. We did address the OL so that should make even the biggest Macc detracted happy.  Still a lot of talent left.  We can even get another C which many fans want

Big props to you tonight.

Its a shame that the guy who is being positive about what his team is doing on draft night gets showered with butt fumbles, but this place can be strange sometimes. Hope you noticed the who the ones were who had your back.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I'm going to go ahead and predict Ohio State C/G Michael Jordan will be our pick at the top of the 4th

LOTS of good WRs and a couple of good CBs available too

Might even go RB IF the team things Ty Montgomery is more of a WR and Deontay Burnett is the real deal

You're another guy who did a great job tonight for all of us. Those BPA lists were much appreciated.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Whaaaat????  Who are you and what have you done with 14?  Wish you showed up earlier today, got a little messy with the crybabies for a while there.  Could've used a good flanker.  Anyway good post.  Our boys on the diamond are getting murdered tonight.  Pulling hard for Polite.  Good kid, bad scene.

You don’t need me, you can handle yourself! Lol. If you ever do, just flash the Bat signal, I’m there for you.

I think deGrom may have given up more runs this month then he did all last season.  He’ll be ok though, and now that I’ve seen what we’re dealing with in the NL East this year, I think we’re going to be just fine.

*** Still want another starter! 😜***

• Upvote 1

@Jet_Engine1

You're a cruel SOB, LOL I was as wrong as wrong could be, when you put yourself out there like that, you're gonna get egg on your face sometimes, and I gotta go wash my face now.

In my defense, I owned up to this twice in the last 3 weeks or so. Good catch on your part, though 👍

Give me some credit though, Daniel Jones is looking pretty good, and I went on a limb defending Gettleman for picking him, I said I loved the move, and that the kid would be a good player/pick when all was said and done. I took a lotta grief for that. Some guy here even called me a vagiant fan for doing so. I don't remember what his name is though, do you? 😉 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Page 72. Its gold. 

You're like a gift that keeps on giving, aren't you?   :rolleyes:

BTW, I miss our buddy @joenamathwouldn'tcry, he hasn't been around for months. I tried PMing him a while back, no reply. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company