joewilly12

*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

Mac is a pu$$y. This is again why you get rid of him with Bowels, because now you have a lame duck, neutered GM who drafts to save his job and protect himself from criticism. 

I stand by my post in the "What does your gut say" thread - there was NEVER a chance we were trading down. This clown doesnt have the balls.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Well that cinches it. Jamal Adams signs off on it you know we're screwed.

Seriously! And photo shopping a picture of Sheldon is like dumping on extra added we're f*cked mojo just for the hell ot it. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

You’ll see youngster. You’ll see. I give you midway into your 30’s before you’re on Prozac for rooting for this pathetic franchise.

I'm more of a Lexapro man myself. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I'm praying that the Giants are about to screw up another first round pick and give me another brief moment of comfort on yet another miserable draft night. 

🙏🙏 Gettleman takes a player he could have gotten with his 2nd round pick

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, usapaw said:

Why?

Because all the talk for the last 2 days was about what it would cost them to trade up for a QB and he fell right to them. 

It's a lesser version of if we stayed at 6 last year and still got Sam

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

This is a great pick dont understand why Jets fans are hating it. The draft is such a crapshoot. Macc did well here.

Mac drafted another solid, high ranked player that will insulate himself from possible criticism but does nothing to improve this team where we need it. 

Think about it. Prior to tonight, we have spent 3 1st round picks on 3-4 DE's in recent history. Only one is left on the team and overall, we the team wasnt any better with vs without them. The 6th overall pick that's left on the team more than likely wont see a second contract with the Jets because that salary is not worth it for a solid run stuffing DE. Just like a 3rd overall pick isnt worth it for a 3-4 DE. 

Hell, the DE we got for a 7th round pick had significantly more of an impact than our 6th overall DE!  Which also brings up the point, who hits the bench in our base package? The underwhelming guy that hasn't lived up to his draft spot? The guy we just spent a 3rd overall on to replace the aforementioned underachieving pick? Or the guy we got for nothing that actually has some impact in the game? 

The most impactful dlineman we have had was an undrafted nose tackle. You dont need to spent top first round picks on on 3-4 lineman! They dont change the game and the Henry Andersons and Mike DeVitos of the world are more than sufficient!

Q Will might be a good player, but he plays the wrong position! 3-4 DE is not a high impact, game changing position. Much like safety, but that's another story. 5 years later, its apparent we misused a 6th overall on Leonard. So we either just used a 3rd overall because our 6th overall had no impact by himself and "needs help", or we just used it to replace the failed 6th overall pick. Either way, it's another wasted f*cking pick

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Just stole this like snipit from a Bleacher Report write up. 

For anyone who doesn't understand why - THIS is exactly why Q is a horrible pick. 

Its SAFE but does nothing to impact the team. We just used a 3rd overall in order to try to get more out of our wasted 6th overall and then eventually replace the aforementioned wasted pick next year. That's two PREMIUM picks wasted on solid, non-game changing players at a low-impact position. 

These top picks are where you're supposed to get your franchise changing players but we have high picks every year because we keep wasting them on THE SAME STUPID sh*t!!! 

God damn this team!🤬🤬🤬

Screenshot_20190425-223322_Bleacher Report.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Whatever dimwit wrote that up just described a defensive tackle you take in the fifth round.

If you scroll to the bottom that dimwit gave us an A 🙄, further solidifying himself as a fu*king idiot. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Whatever dimwit wrote that up just described a defensive tackle you take in the fifth round.

The nitwit really upped his game a few picks later with his Giants writeup... (And the irony of the writer referencing a nitwit)

Daniel Jones, Quarterback, Duke

Deadly accurate quarterback comparison: Derek Carr with less sizzle

There was once a nitwits-in-the-news tale about a small-time lowlife who set his house on fire while cooking up some illegal substances. Because he was also a user of such substances, he couldn’t decide whether to extinguish the fire, rush his few valuables outside to save them or let everything burn so the police who arrived at the scene wouldn’t find any evidence. So he tried to do it all simultaneously. Witnesses say that when the fire trucks arrived, the man was seen racing outside with some items, then racing back into the blaze with others. Also, he was on fire.

The Giants are a lot like the fellow in that story. They traded away Odell Beckham Jr. and Olivier Vernon and allowed Landon Collins to walk as a free agent while acquiring aging veterans (Golden Tate, Antoine Bethea) and protecting Eli Manning like he’s a UNESCO site. They’re trying to do multiple things at once, none of them make sense and they still don’t realize they’re engulfed in flames

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Deandre Baker for the Giants. I actually like that a lot.

Did the Giants just trade up? They didnt have 3 firsts, right?

Between Jawaan Taylor and Greedy, if ever there was a time when you wished you had your high 2nd rd pick 😫🙄😣

I'm not complaining we used it on Sam... I just really hate Mac 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

It’s really astonishing how bad a job he’s doing. 

Realistically, tonight, he's worse than Mac. 

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

I just said that out loud to my dog who couldn’t give a $hit. I’m glad you agree

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

From everything I know about your dog from this post, I'm confident in saying he is likely smarter than our GM

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

With what capital?

Forget the how of it! If you want to shoot yourself, the problem isn't "with what gun". The problem is that you want to kill yourself in the first place. 

I.e. with the list of players that slipped to the 2nd, we want to trade up for the juice box?!😲😫

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Apples and tigers. 

The Jets had a top 3 pick in a draft without a QB worth trading up for and no OL worth taking that high. Meanwhile, the Falcons had a mid round pick in the 1st and then enough draft capital to move back into the tail end of the round. 

And the Falcons roster is a bit more developed with talent and with a few less holes than ours...

That being said, Mac would still f*ck it up and not invest in the OFFENSIVE line regardless of the scenario. 

15 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Apples and tigers. 

The Jets had a top 3 pick in a draft without a QB worth trading up for and no OL worth taking that high. Meanwhile, the Falcons had a mid round pick in the 1st and then enough draft capital to move back into the tail end of the round. 

And the Falcons roster is a bit more developed with talent and with a few less holes than ours...

That being said, Mac would still f*ck it up and not invest in the OFFENSIVE line regardless of the scenario. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Quinnen is Leo 2.0. That's not a good thing. We now have 2 players that were drafted in the top 6 (concensus best player in each draft) that can't get to the QB. Oh but they can sure hit then a 1/2 a second after they get rid of the ball.

The Jets don't have one person on the team that can get to the QB quickly. Add in the fact that they have one of the worst secondaries in the NFL and that's a big problem. 

This! This, this this!! ⬆️

My heart jumped when I heard trade during Sea pick. For a split second I thought HOLY SH*T DID WE REALLY DO IT?! 

I was very promptly brought back to reality. The Jets have no business getting themselves back into this 2nd round with so much needed talent available. Mac needs to save those two 3rd's for a (6th round) WR and CB that won't be on the team anymore come 2020 training camp. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Xtina said:

OMG 

Ha! Look how much money and draft capital we made them waste with our league dominating interior Dline. Suckers! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

All of this wheeling and dealing. All of this trading, yet Macc seems to never be able to find "value". Terrible GM. 

Exactly. All these trades just further illustrates how far ahead Mac is from the rest of the league. When so much of the league is doing the opposite of us, CLEARLY the problem is with the rest of the league. 

• Upvote 2

Another C off the board. Look at these fools wasting high picks on non-impact oline positions. 👍👍

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Holy crap for the love of God! Give up next years 2nd with one of the 3rds, I dont care! We cannot go into training camp with no God damn starting center on the roster!!!!!!!

You're going to get Sam killed and hurting the best weapon on our offense by making Bell run behind a AAF center we found at the bus stop!!!!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

Everyone thinking the Jets will trade into the 2nd round or that Mags will trade up.

Time to realize if anything, he'll be trading DOWN, for more of the 5th rounders he covets. 

"We got a lot of extra value picks in the 5th round, trading away these 3rd rounders"

It so sad that you're completely right. When you fail on 2nd and 3rd round picks, you look really bad. When you miss on 5th and 6th rounders you've got less questions to answer for. 

Every single decision this clown makes is about trying to save his ass and reducing his exposure to criticism.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Mac is a Tool said:

Say it louder so mac can hear

I know. The amount of energy I've expended being pissed off at this team in the last 24 hours is pathetic. I need to find a better hobby and give up on football. 

I really do wish I could have 60 seconds with Mac. I have a couple questions. 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

McCoy gone. We have no center. Officially.

Right now I'm wondering which of these two likely scenarios would piss me off more: 

1) Mac doesnt draft a C (or any olineman) and Monday promptly tells media that they are very happy with where the oline is right now and it wasn't an area of need going into the off season. 

2) In the 5th or 6th round, he drafts an unknown C from a small D-II school that had a unanimous Undrafted grade across every scouting report. Monday he promptly tells the media they didn't need their 2nd rounder this year because they felt the value in this draft was C Joe Blow from Weber State. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

He can't run routes, cant turn, and didn't consistently produce.

I know the draft is a crap shoot, but WRs like this almost always bust.

He is the kind of player that several teams would probably be jumping over each other to take a chance on if he drops to the 3rd. Good franchises don't risk high pick on players with limited college production and questionable skills because they look like a refrigerator that's labeled a WR. 

I have to admit, after all the talk he got during the combine I was positive there would be some team to make the mistake of reaching for him in the 1st. I really thought it would be the Bills but suddenly they are drafting like a competent franchise. Go figure 🙄

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

Does anyone else hate all the side commentary that comes with every guest they send up to announce a pick? It takes 5 minutes after "Pick is in" to get the name announced.

It also seems like Goodell had a LOT less stage time this year. He's got to be sick of the way the boo the hell out of him everytime he shows his face

• Upvote 1

Was just looking through the list of remaining prospects. There's a Michael Jordan G from Ohio State. Anyone know if he is any good? Can he play C? The Jets should totally try to have a Mike Jordan on the roster. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company