joewilly12

*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

This makes sense bc if Bosa is going 1, the 49ers are going to take Williams at 2 dropping Murray to the Jets. Hopefully a team who didn't think they'd have a chance at Murray makes a big offer to get ahead of the Raiders. Fingers crossed

I can not believe the ******* incompetence of this front office and organization

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

Leo needs to be traded. That's the only way this sense.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

The only player on the Jets that could bring them to a Super Bowl is Darnold. How the **** they don't do everything to surround him withtalent and protect him is beyond me. It's a disgrace. I fully expect the Jets to go defense with both picks tomorrow. CB and Edge. Guaran****inteed

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, Lith said:

Let me guess what his excuse will be when he doesn't, "the price was just too steep for us to move up". This idiot has second-itis. He can't get it done. That's what happens when you have a vagina.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, mphtrilogy said:

Snipped this from the bleacher report

Who cares about the run when QB's are going to have 10 seconds to throw the ball

• Thumb Down 1

I kept telling people that all of the plug and play Centers and Guards will be gone by the end of Round 2. That's exactly what happen. Macc ****ed us. Say hello to a CB and linebacker in the 3rd. Ridiculous. I hope Simien can play after Darnold gets murdered on the field.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

It's pretty difficult to screw up the #3 overall pick (on paper) if you take the consensus best available player. No arguing that Williams is a good prospect. Jets did not reach. But  more defense? Especially DT? Absurd when you factor in we took 2 DTs last draft  . How many times are you in a position to trade down from a top pick know when you already have a QB? They should’ve struck while the iron was hot and took the best trade offer. From everything I read the heart of this draft is the middle of the first round to the end of the second. Q Williams was considered a top one, two, three pick. But they could’ve really capitalized.

Oh don't worry, Macc said he can play every defensive line position. I hope so since the defensive line is made up of entirely 300lb defensive tackles.

3 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Did you expect Bradbury to around in the 3rd round? 

No. People who wanted to stay at #3 kept saying that a plug and play Center would be there for the Jets in the 3rd round. The way this draft is unfolding that's not likely. 

1 minute ago, Ghost420 said:

How do you know Jets didn't try to move down? Maybe the offers dried up after Murray went 1. Maybe the didn't get any offers worth taking.

Maybe Macc has no balls

• Upvote 1

Just got done listening to Maccs presser. The media could have just literally replayed the presser about Leo. Same exact verbage and everything. It's ridiculous. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Help me understand which QB (or other positional player?) you think a team was willing to sell the farm to move up to #3 for. 

Jonah Williams at 3 would have been much more valuable to this team next year than Quinnen will be. People get too wrapped up in rankings. Take the player that will help your team the most, enough of this best player available no matter what nonsense. If the bpa next year is a DT does that mean they'll take another one? It's just an excuse for Macc bc he has no balls to go against the grain. The Jets need a young aggressive GM. Enough of these old school dumbasses. The game has passed them by.

• Upvote 2

Your assumption that Williams is merely a run-stopper is understandable but far from proven. Time will tell. 

I understand the need argument, but listen, our defense was ranked 29th last year. While coaching had a lot to do with that, I can't blame the Jets for taking a guy they think will be an impact player on their defensive line. In order for the pick to work out, QW and LW have to ball out. You double team one, the other guy makes you pay more often than not. That sort of thing.

I'm not sure if that will happen, but that's what the Jets are presumably banking on . 

Quinnen is Leo 2.0. That's not a good thing. We now have 2 players that were drafted in the top 6 (concensus best player in each draft) that can't get to the QB. Oh but they can sure hit then a 1/2 a second after they get rid of the ball.

The Jets don't have one person on the team that can get to the QB quickly. Add in the fact that they have one of the worst secondaries in the NFL and that's a big problem. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Eh, I can't necessarily agree. 

I think QW has more upside than Johah WIlliams. 

Again, the weakest unit on the team last year was actually our defense. 

Defenses rarely win in the NFL anymore. It's all about offense but instead of the Jets organization adjusting to that they're still stick in the 1980's. 6 of the last 8 teams in the playoffs last year had bad defenses. 4 of those teams advanced to the Conference Championships. Defense means very little in 2019.

4 minutes ago, southtown24th said:
More

Jets were shopping LB Darron Lee tonight in a package deal to try and get into the 2nd round tomorrow. At least 1 NFC team has expressed interest

1 reply1 retweet3 likes

Retweeted

Liked

I will guarantee that if they get into the 2nd round they will take a CB. That's a ******* guarantee. 

• Upvote 1

But a lot of folks seem to think that QW can (and will) get to the QB. 

Also, an interior pass rush, when you have it, gets there before edge pass rush. . . . it's just a lot harder to come by. 

Literally his comp on many scouting reports is Leo. 

Just now, slimjasi said:

I agree with this. I want more offense. It's why I wanted to trade down. 

But I still believe that great defensive players make an impact because great defensive players force turnovers and turnovers change/win games. 

I think it's very hard to consistently stop teams anymore (down after down), but you can still change the game by hitting the QB or forcing him into a bad decision. 

Right, which is why the Jets needed to draft an offensive lineman in the 1st. Darnold will get hurt next year if they don't do something meaningful at Center. Harrison is not good enough to put in front of Darnold. That's too much of a risk.

OK but now you have both, so they both can't be double teamed. Seems like there is potential there. 

Also, I like Leo, but I'm hoping this guy is better. 

They need to trade Leo but they won't. Maccs justification for taking Leo was that he was the best player in the draft. He can't afford to look like he missed on that pick too even though he did.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Can't see how Leo was a miss. He's a solid player, just not a game changer. 

You're not trying to draft a solid player at #6. That's why it's a miss

The Bills are schooling the Jets this offseason. They're actually spending money and picks to protect their QB. They must be crazy

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Miss. Not bust. That’s actually very good for our Jets.
I also really believe Bowles and Rodgers were incapable of getting proper production out of him and many others. I’m looking forward to seeing how he does this season.
Contract year too. Can you say 12 sacks?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I can say it but that doesn't mean it's happening

• Like 1

I've been saying that a plug and play Center would not be available in the 3rd round. I wish I wasn't right. Thank God we have a new DT though. Hopefully he can play QB when Darnold gets killed.

At this point the value is at WR so I'm pretty sure they'll go CB or Safety. Now is when they'll reach for a need

1 minute ago, jetspenguin said:

Lol that's the only thing that keeps me from running off the rails. It seems that all those people who didn't give a fugg last draft about losing that pick are losing their nut about it today. Which makes me wonder how they would act if we gave up the house to move up....next year they would do this same schtick all over again.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

It's about not trading down from #3 this year. It has nothing to do with using the 2nd for Darnold. Some of you dudes just don't get it. But have fun with your DT. He's sure as **** going to be on the field a lot when this offense can't get first downs bc they can't block.

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

If all goes according to plan--

• Connor McGovern, C/OG 
  • Jalen Hurd, wr

Both were in for visits. both fill a need.

ALL will be forgiven.

No it won't. McGovern isn't plug and play. They still will have a hole at Center. Plus he probably doesn't get passed Arizona

Just now, Ken Shroy said:

Screw espn, but I hope the kid hears it and has a nice big chip on his shoulder.

He'll probably eat it

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The beat writers are doing their best to spin another defensive selection

Hakeem Butler would be nice since all of the decent lineman are gone. Or they could just go full retard and take a CB. 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Once again

Jets fans, trade down and get more pick you moron

Jets fans, after the trade down, Maccs a cocksucker

LOL

Lol. There's a difference between trading down from the #3 pick and acquiring multiple early assets and trading down in the 4th while passing up potential starters to obtain a later pick for a guy who will be on the practice squad. He out thinks himself constantly. He's a terrible GM. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Once again

Jets fans, trade down and get more pick you moron

Jets fans, after the trade down, Maccs a cocksucker

LOL

Lol. There's a difference between trading down from the #3 pick and acquiring multiple early assets and trading down in the 4th while passing up potential starters to obtain a later pick for a guy who will be on the practice squad. He out thinks himself constantly. He's a terrible GM. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

He's waiting for the run on DT's to start before he picks. He needs a BPA excuse

• Thumb Down 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company