joewilly12

*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

24 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Too bad we have to wait until tomorrow night....I ******* HATE the new draft format and the attempt to turn it into a damn award show so the wimmens will watch...

🧐

I was thinking about it the other day, its not this huge big show, but it makes sense to do. But they used the Jets fans for years to drive eyeballs to the event  and have all but abandoned us. Much like the NFL beginning. I mean the NFL itself is only the NFL because we beat them in the first AFL NFL championship game called the superbowl.

Its interesting to me that we have basically as a team and our fan base created the NFL and draft and now they pretend liek we didnt.

Im ok with the big show now, but i wish they would give us a little credit verse justy trying toi belittle our contribution.

• Upvote 1

Great pick. Obviously no one offered a good deal of picks. Great pick.

Well done and the dude has great attitude

• Upvote 4

Oliver is not some super stud. I can't believe we are not talking about how awesome our pass rush is going to be next year.

Also

They are going to look alot better now that we can actually score points on offense.

Now let's get 2 lineman

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Guy in the blue vest... Let Burns have his moment. Get out of the camera.

This times a million. I was thinking damn dude what the hell you didn't do sh*t, sit your ass down

Alot of you are going to feel foolish looking back and not wanting us to have this generational talent Williams.

He is going to be impactful and take over games at his position.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Well, first of all, I personally wouldn't call Adams a generational talent. 

I'm just pointing out the rather obvious verity that it is awfully hard to be disappointed with Adams as a player. 

Also, there are many reasons why the Jets had the 29th ranked defense (awful coaching stands out to me, among many more specific issues). Jamal Adams was not one of them. 

Niether was Leo.

Coaching def was and the lack of offense.

ok so I had to search for this thread because it wasnt on the first page. I seen like 10 treade up threads, shouldnt that all just be here? 

Anyway damn it I hate MACC do not sacrifice any more picks. just wait and take 2 threes. C and lineman. or C and CB..damn...

30 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Winovich all day but broad no to all of these lists of guys who people guessed were going in the first round and didn't. That doesn't mean they're just value now. It means the projection was off and who knows by how much. If Metcalf takes another neck shot or were to ever find himself being chased by an alligator he's just done. Not to mention the whole being a huge project thing. Same with the OL. Cannot wait to get somebody who got passed over for Titus Magoo of Directional Arkansas Community College because there's certainly no shame in that.

I think wait to 3rd round and take your shots. cant be any worse than other years 

Just now, Irish Jet said:

We had an entire free agency and a host of other moves we could have made to protect Sam. The lack of a second rounder was no excuse for not adequately filling the glaring weaknesses on offence, which needed to take priority.

Dude get at me after the 3 Rd round

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Winovich is the only guy. I'm not trading up for somebody because I read his name in a mock draft.

💯

2 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

If they draft Metcalf we will have the same amount of weapons we have right now.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

Not true.

If Metcalf can catch we will have two deep threats to stretch the field but the muscular one can catch.

Robbie can't separate either so I'm all for signing this guy with a lineman

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

That IF is the problem..he has a lot of drops, lack of production and is limited on the routes he can be successful with. We already have that.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

I'm dumb not sure if you agreed with me or not. I'm just saying I rather have Metcalf cause I think he can catch and is same speedy guy Robbie is. But he would be bigger stronger and not as soft

• Upvote 1

Guys what if we pick lineman center with Metcalf, then trade up to the third again and crab another center...

I'm hopefully right now for like 5 more picks

Seems like we should be able to make some smart moved with starters...but not with Metcalf...that means lineman baby hell yeah

Every pick that is not a lineman is awesome. But I have no idea who they are going to pick, are all these guy McGovern, Winn, Dieter whoever all pretty much starters on our team?

Seems like a pretty good pick that is the first time I remember Macc have a 1 and 2 round seem like a good pick.

• Upvote 1

So I just saw some.interview he did, he calling himself a dawg and wanting to hit people. Haha inot sure if he is good but seems like he wants to be tuff.

Also we got two more 3rd round picks basically...end of third and top of 4. Hell we still might be able to get a center and lineman. 

My question, is there any other people that maybe be super value? I mean the guy we just took seems like 1st round grade and even if he wasn't I am hoping he isn't out of the league next year. Hell love to get a couple lineman highly rated but dropped for whatever reason...

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

I’d say that’s good value right there!

Are those two guys in between drafted?

Just now, T0mShane said:

It's like getting TWO best players in the draft!

Could it soon be the best three??!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

My Top 25 Jets Targets with 10 Picks to Go  (ALL OFFENSE EDITION)

1.       Yodny Cajuste OL WVU

2.       Hakeem Butler WR IOWAST

3.       Kelvin Harmon WR NCST

4.       Riley Ridley WR UGA

5.       Anthony Johnson WR BUFF

6.       Michael Jordan OL OHIOST

7.       David Edwards OL WISC

8.       Emanuel Hall WR MIZZOU

9.       Connor McGovern OL PSU

10.   Isaiah Prince OL Ohio State

11.   Bobby Evans OL OKLA

12.   Beau Benzschawel OL WISC

13.   Kahale Warring TE SDSU

14.   Dawson Knox TE Mississippi

15.   Lamont Gaillard OL UGA

16.   Damien Harris RB Alabama

17.   Preston Williams WR Colorado St

18.   Mile Boykin WR Notre Dame

19.   Amani Oruwariye CB Penn State

20.   Dennis Daley OL South Carolina

21.   Chuma Edoqa OL USC

22.   Phil Haynes OL Wake Forest

23.   Keesean Johnson WR Fresno State

24.   Darius Slayton WR Auburn

25.   Dru Sarnia OL Oklahoma

26.   Rodney Anderson RB Oklahioma

The ones with O L would be great

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Y'all need to stop the snarkfest.  

QW is a boring legit good pick

Polite and this USC OL have legit upside ... and legit downside.  But its 3rd rounders who have a 30% chance hit chance anyway - swing for the fences, both positions of need.

This whole draft is really going to be about coaching.  Which we haven't had since Bill Parcells - can Gase and Williams coach these guys up to their potential.  Can our strength and conditioning team max these guys out.

Apparently you forget that Rex coached up alot of under achieving talent to AFC championship games. Rex was gave some good coaching...you maybe not every year but Sam Darnold on the team he wins at least one Superbowl

• Upvote 1

It certainly seems like we got three starts so far. What the hell happened?? Done we have the same scouts??

I mean seriously before it was like well let's pick guy that every one knew were not starters...like how did we got from that to picking starters in the 3rd round? Or is this just wishful thinking on our part?

Don't know who Butler is. But some guy making him sound like a starter too. What the hell is going on

Ok so I feel like picks now are not really starters. But the guys who just went were starters...

So that 5 that we picked up do we think it will be a guy that will make the team? I mean will the guy we pick4th even be a starter?

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company