joewilly12

*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

30 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

McGovern, Jordan, Gaillard, Piersbacher, Deiter. Any of these would be a starting center for us right now. 

I'm hoping Deiter makes it to us.

Here's a profile...

Jachai Polite ER Florida

by Drew Boylhart • February 13, 2019

STRENGTHS
Jachai is a quick twitch, athlete with explosive speed off the edge to attack the line of scrimmage and cause havoc on any down and distance. His burst off the line on passing downs is unique and natural and this along with his change of direction skills makes him a third and long, down nightmare for offensive lineman to deal with. Jachai is stout against the run and is very quick to string out sweeps and disrupt screens run to his side. He can play on either side and has the athleticism to be moved around your front seven to keep him freed up to attack the line of scrimmage from different positions. Jachai has the potential to be an impact defensive play and the type that is a playmaker for your defense. He can force your offense coordinator and QB into making mistakes all game long.

CONCERNS
Jachai needs to get stronger in his lower body to be able to turn the corner on his pass rush with more strength. He also needs to be more consistent against the run. When he attacks, he shocks the lineman with his strength and explosion but at times he lets the play come to him and because he lacks lower body strength he gets caught up and can’t get off the block and make a play. Jachai has to gain a higher football IQ and strength along with better pass rushing techniques but I see an excellent work ethic in his play on the field and that makes me think it’s just matter of time for him to improve in every aspect of his game.

TALENT BOARD ROUND 1.44
Jachai has only played on the edge for one year so its very impressive what he has accomplished in the one year. He is doing everything on athletic talent and that means theirs’s big-time upside to this kid’s game once he learns better techniques and gets stronger. I saw him one time come out of a three-point stance and all I can tell you is, the explosion coming off the line of scrimmage made the hair on the back of my neck stand up and shout. When he stands up he thinks too much but coming off the line in a down position all he did was get into the back field turn the corner and drop the QB before he could complete a three-step drop. Think about that for a minute, the right tackle never got out of his stance and the QB took the snap, took three steps and Jachai had him on the ground. I still get chills thinking about it. Jachai has a ton of untapped talent to rush the passer and become a dominate player similar to the Patriots Donta Hightower who is used all over the defensive front seven. He is not as big as Donta but he has the same talent and a little quicker explosion. It might take a little time but that’s his potential. Jachai has the type of talent that offensive coordinators and QB’s will have to account for him on every down and distance.

WP Post Author

7e6e150bafa51f4b3edc1db0a6080e64?s=150&d

Drew Boylhart

dboylhart@thehuddlereport.com

I have been following and been involved in the NFL Draft starting in 1979, and been doing public profile’s for The Huddle Report since 2004

•  
  •  

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

here a profile

Blake Cashman LB Minnesota

by Drew Boylhart • April 5, 2019

STRENGTHS
Blake has the talent to be a solid linebacker in the right system. He has good size and speed and does a good job playing within the game plan of the defensive system his college team uses. He has made impact players and has shown leadership skills that are needed to be a coach on the field and that makes him more valuable. Blake has the enough change of direction skills, to be used off the line in zone coverages with the play in front of him. He does a good job recognizing and reacting and has a good burst to the play, making tackles behind the line of scrimmage. Blake in the right defensive system will make impact plays and can become a core player and a fan favorite for the team that selects him.

CONCERNS
Blake does not have the elite athleticism or size and length to make him the type of player who can be used in multiple styles of defenses. Blake also losses leverage when tackling because once he engages he stops his feet and then tries to muscle the player down to the ground. He must learn to tackle “through” the player and not “at” the player. He also has to gain better strength in his hands to make the sure tackle. Blake has to play with more passion and commitment to what he sees in front of him. His initial reaction is quick but than his follow up reaction is too careful and lacks conviction. Blake also doesn’t meet blocks and shed them and make tackles, he goes around the blocks and at the next level that will not work.

TALENT BOARD ROUND 4.39 
Blake has been an impact player for his college team because he is in the right defense that keeps big bodies off of him so that he can roam free and make tackles. If he is in that system at the next level he can impact for the team that selects him too. That being said that doesn’t change Blake’s ability to make tackles with better passion and aggressiveness and form. He still has to get stronger and tackle better. He still has to get better in coverage so that he can be used in man to man coverages or, Blake will bounce around the NFL. Now profiling linebackers is very difficult for me because linebackers in most cases are what I call, “system related”. This means that player fits a certain system and when that defensive coordinator is fired, in most cases that linebacker will be let go also. When that DC gets hired, that LB will be signed once again, to run that system on the field for that DC. Blake will be that type of linebacker and that doesn’t mean he won’t succeed, it just means as long as that defense is good and that DC is on the team and Blake doesn’t carry to big a salary, he can have a very productive and long career.

WP Post Author

7e6e150bafa51f4b3edc1db0a6080e64?s=150&d

Drew Boylhart

dboylhart@thehuddlereport.com

I have been following and been involved in the NFL Draft starting in 1979, and been doing public profile’s for The Huddle Report since 2004

•  
  •  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company