joewilly12

*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

*Disclaimer

I have nothing to do with anything the way you interpret things is on you, what you have on your mind and your likes and dislikes has nothing to do with me. Whatever your sexual preferences are doesn't effect me to each is own. 

I am a happily married man I own my own home I don't live in my parents basement or at the YMCA. I was gainfully employed up until the day I retired. I am now collecting the pension I earned along with free health benefits. 

joewilly12 

Wow...you have really come a long way since your posting days as FF2 :)

14 minutes ago, section314 said:

When do you crack the first cold one? Mine is whenever I hear/see Adam Schein. 

Whoever at the NFL decided to schedule the draft during Passover should be forced to spend 3 days listening to LeVeon Bell's rap music non-stop.  Not cool, NFL!

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I think for Allen's his tape has not backed up his numbers. He seems like a speed only guy with few moves in his repertoire.  He might become a great pass rusher in the future, but he is not the instant impact guy that you take at 3

I have been pondering this point at great length the last few weeks.  I keep thinking "but Gholston had 14 sacks in his last college season".  But then I look deeper and I see Gholston only had a total of 37 tackles while Allen had 88.  So while Gholston was truly a 1-trick pony, Allen seems to be much more complete, dropping into coverage and making a lot of regular tackles, not just the 1 sack per game highlight ones.  I have read what you said about his repertoire being a bit thin but everything I've seen says his motor is always on and that he's got all of the physical tools you want, which are the things that you generally can't improve.  

So even knowing he's not perfect right out of the box, I think I'd like him as a pick.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Ok you out.  :D

image.png

12 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Would love a fact check on the last time teams in the same division made a top of the draft trade.

The highest trade I could find with a little bit of searching was in 2006 between the Ravens and Browns who swapped 12 and 13.

Ravens paid a 6th rounder to move up and took Ngata.  Winner!

• Upvote 2

I heard the NFL doesn't like to invite players to the green room that they don't believe will go on Day 1.  But I wouldn't be surprised if both Jones and Lock didn't get picked tonight.  

What is this crap...I have Avengers tickets at 10pm.  It's after 8pm.  Get ARI on the damned clock!

• Haha 1

Can we draft that guy who won the season tickets?  He's a load!

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Anyone spoils Avengers in here and I will murder their family.

Half their family...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Is that true, no big ten QB in the 1st since 1995

That was idiotic.  Murray is from the same school as Mayfield.

The Josh Rosen trade clock has started...

• Upvote 1

wtf language is he speaking?!

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Whoa....reach Raiders?  I like our pick a whole lot better than that one.

• Upvote 2

Someone is going to be very happy with Josh Allen who didn't expect to see him on the board...

• Upvote 1

All that secrecy because....someone was going to trade up to top-3 to snag Ferrell out from under the Raiders' noses?  They could have announced it last week and it wouldn't have changed anything.  Gruden you are a friggin' idiot.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Bills may have Allen or Oliver by sitting tight at 9.  Damn...

Hell, I think they would have been better off taking Darnold and Josh Jacobs.  Gettleman LOL.

• Upvote 1

Scratch the Giants as a possible Josh Rosen landing spot.  CIN may be set to get Haskins now.   Rosen could land in MIA or WAS still.

• Upvote 1

JAX defense just got so much better and it was already really good.  

• Upvote 1

I don't know these OL well but Connor McGovern looks like a nice get if he's still available.  Solid G/C prospect.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

I think the last time the jets drafted OL in rounds 1, 2 or 3 was winters, and before that, ducasse.

Sad but true.  But time to start changing that.  Nothing more vital at this point than better depth on the OL with the possibility of upgrading a starter.  Cajuste maybe but I think I prefer the kid who can possibly become a starting C.

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

He gained weight on purpose at the suggestion of his agent and messaging from scouts that he should be heavier. It totally backfired. Let’s get him back to the 230-235 area, let his hamstrings heal, and then hand him to Gregg Williams for molding. 

Some talking heads on the radio while I was driving said if he shed the extra weight, a good comp for him is Robert Mathis.  Small, super fast off the line.  Situational but a nice piece to bring in.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Oh boy. SOURCE: The #Cowboys will be taking G Connor McGovern out of Penn State after this #Colts pick. Big #Jets target is off the board.

Not a need for them.  Would bum me out.  That seems like the best fit for the Jets here.  This is a spot where moving up might have made a lot of sense but only if the Jets brass felt he was the single best pick, which they may not have.

Just now, T0mShane said:

Why would you do that unless the Vikings absolutely rolled you over and tricked you into giving them a free pick?

If there is one guy they absolutely want and don't want sniped.  Maybe there were two guys and McGovern was one.  Which makes Cajuste sound like the other.

I liked Jordan here, but maybe he'll drop.  More likely there's a few guys the Jets like roughly equally here so trading down makes a world of sense.  If it comes down to one last guy, they can always burn the 6th rounder to move back up and still will have upped from a 6th to a 5th for nothing.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jamax99 said:

So pick before us nets 2 5th rounds and moved 6 spots we got 1 11spots. Hmmmm

I'm pretty sure I heard it was 2 6th rounders for the trade above us.  

I hate this part.  I let myself get fixated on one guy so now I watch every pick praying it isn't him.  I'm such a dumbass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

LMAO...a friggin punter.

Mitch Wishnowski, Is that Mike Wizowki's cousin?

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company