joewilly12

*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

All is forgiven if Maccagnan trades back up into the 2nd and takes Elgton Jenkins.

Id be ok with jenkins but I don’t know man. I like him but he’s slow and stops before the whistle often. I’d rather mccoy or McGovern. Hey... the micks. Who knew?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Holy cow. Skins got him without the trade. That’s probably why the trade didn’t happen. They low balled cuz they felt he’d drop.

Elgton is a great technician. 

Fat and slow. lol.

I like him too but would prefer the others I mentioned if there. Good coaching can help Jenkins maybe.

Maybe Macc has no balls

Come on. Macc trades all the time. Darnold trade alone shows macc has at least one testicle. No?

Half a case of beer, and I still can't make sense out of this draft.  Our misery might have company this year.

Try the other half. That should work

• Upvote 1

Colts making a smart tradeout here. Pick up extra picks while the CBS and WRs are all slipping to R2.

Agreed. Think the skins want D.K.? That wound be something they do I think

The Falcons just did what the Jets should've done. 2-1st round lineman to protect their franchise QB. What a novel idea.

I just said that out loud to my dog who couldn’t give a $hit. I’m glad you agree

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

From everything I know about your dog from this post, I'm confident in saying he is likely smarter than our GM

He wanted to trade the pick so... yeah. Maybe. :)

Harry is going to give us big problems catching balls from Brady. Everyone crying about Oliver to the bills but this is the really bad one.
I thought they’d go with Irv Smith but this is worse. Plus they will get sterberger in the 2nd and this draft is a success already for those scum bags

Harry will spend a lot of time tangled up with Trumaine Johnson. Not because Johnson is good but because Harry’s never separated from a CB.

lol. Doesn’t matter. He still catches it.

Apples and tigers. 
The Jets had a top 3 pick in a draft without a QB worth trading up for and no OL worth taking that high. Meanwhile, the Falcons had a mid round pick in the 1st and then enough draft capital to move back into the tail end of the round. 

Not one QB traded for. Interesting.
Of all the trades 2 were OL and the rest were Defense.
Sadly this just wasn’t a draft that had the powerhouse top end that warranted the big trade. I’m sure we tried but if it happened it was going to be because the team trading up got the deal of a lifetime. Just not enough to pull the trigger on.

An argument could be made that getting anything would have been better than staying at 3, but we got a potentially great player there. If Q works out it will be fine and I get it.

I’m very curious how macc can do trying to get into the 2nd. Maybe Lee and a 3rd could do it. I’d be surprised and disappointed if macc gives up both 3rds to get in there. I think that would do it though. If McCoy or Jenkins is still there mid 2nd it may be tempting.

Once again the jets won a little too much in the rich qb draft and a not enough in the wrong draft. Tough cards to play. Sucks

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I think we’ll move up. But even if we don’t our chances of ending up with Jenkins, McCoy, Cajuste, Deebo Samuel, Sternberger or a good CB prospect is higher than I thought it would be before today. 

Everyone of those will be gone by the 3rd imo.

Maybe cajuste hangs around but I’d think most of them are gonna go in the 2nd.

More

Jets were shopping LB Darron Lee tonight in a package deal to try and get into the 2nd round tomorrow. At least 1 NFC team has expressed interest

1 reply1 retweet3 likes Reply  1   Retweeted  1     Liked  3    

Who’s tweet is that?

You're not trying to draft a solid player at #6. That's why it's a miss

Miss. Not bust. That’s actually very good for our Jets.
I also really believe Bowles and Rodgers were incapable of getting proper production out of him and many others. I’m looking forward to seeing how he does this season.
Contract year too. Can you say 12 sacks?

• Upvote 1

Sean Bunting was the best corner you never heard of. Another baller who teams were higher on than twitter mocks.
btw [mention=28279]Lith[/mention] CLE is now 2 for 2 drafting a players who went a round ahead

Conversely I picked Cody Ford at 18.

Watching this is like watching everyone have sex with hot women but you

lol. That’s what it is. I didn’t know how to verbalize this feeling but that’s it

If you're macc... you can't trade up now. 
The value in the 3rd round just keeps getting better and better. Keep the pick, and even trade back, and get another 4th. 

This round moves quick enough that it’s not so painful to wait a little bit. I think he should just wait it out. Unless it’s trading Lee. I’d love to get a 2nd for him

Man, the WR pool is still a good 15 solid players deep. 
Center pool just shrunk by one, so McCoy and who else... McGovern? 
Then CB still has a handful of solid prospects.
Teams still clamoring to trade-up because of all the talent still kicking around here. Crazy.

Yeah. After McCoy, McGovern would be nice. Michael Jordan or Ross pierschbacher. It’s thin though

I hope someone slips but it’s getting ugly

Its like watching your car get towed but your on the 12th floor with unexpectedly glued windows

That’s fantastic.

OH CRAP. The Miami pick didnt go to the Cards!
No Rosen??

I was just thing the same thing. Wait a got dammed minute! That’s serious

• Upvote 1

Yup. the value isn't at Center right now. It's a huge need for us, but the value isn't there.  Wait until the 4th to get a Center - add an edge, plus WR or CB in the 3rd.

Value. I’m telling ya I can’t deal with that stuff anymore man. It’s maddening.

If we wait till the 4th for a Center because of value that would be a mistake. Did the saints wait until the 4th for a center? The packers? No.
I could understand a WR with our first third potentially but the last of a handful of quality plug and play centers will be gone by the end of the 3rd. We have to wait 22 picks after our last 3rd rd pick
You take the guy you need when he’s on the board. Playing the value game is very dangerous.

• Upvote 3

Does anyone else hate all the side commentary that comes with every guest they send up to announce a pick? It takes 5 minutes after "Pick is in" to get the name announced.
It also seems like Goodell had a LOT less stage time this year. He's got to be sick of the way the boo the hell out of him everytime he shows his face

That’s just because we’re sitting here waiting. lol

It’s the worst

I desperately want a C, but I wouldn't mind Hakeem Butler with one of our thirds...

This. I’m hoping he slips. I’d grab him in a second

Reaching for a Center over better talent at other positions of need - CB, edge, WR - would be a mistake.
The Packers and the Saints took Centers because the value was there, and the need.
At Center right now, the need is there for us but the value isn't.

That’s what I’m saying. The value idea makes zero sense. Ask bill polian. He said it literally doesn’t exist. It’s a fantasy. I agree for the most part.
Taking Pireschbacher or McGovern with our first third. Watching them get picked with the next 25 picks between our two 3rds is not smart. Value it not.

Now, if Hakeem
Butler is there id consider it but Riley Ridley May make to to our second third and would be a great addition. Take the Center if he is there let the value thing go.

• Upvote 1

Yes, my prediction.  Although there are compelling cbs and winovich is a very good player.

If we take a CB over McGovern I won’t know how to handle it.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company