*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

18 minutes ago, KRL said:

Hopefully this is true or at least WSH/Snyder believes it, we could take them to the cleaners:

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 4 hours ago

As the #Raiders ponder where to go with their fourth overall pick, worth noting: Oakland brass moved QB Dwayne Haskins up their board late this week, source said. He impressed them in his workout, and could be a consideration at No. 4 .

Agreed.  Not sure wehre its coming from (maybe some of those scouts who were sent home), but this is great news for those of us interested in a trade back scenario.  Should be a very interesting 10 minutes when we are on the clock tonight.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I agree that Allen is a much better overall player then Gholston ever was. I would be fine with any of those 4 or trade down. Each of them have pluses and minuses. 

Gholston left his junior year and was better then Allen’s was in his junior year. Their combine was similar outside of bench and board jump. 

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

i also like that allen caused 5 fumbles last year.  he uses his long arms.  i would rather have allen or oliver than Q, and i hope the new jets analytics department puts the kybosh on the Q hype.

My problem with Quinnen Williams isn't so much the analytics as the lack of them.  He didn't even bother with the agility drills.  Presumably because his numbers would suck.  I don't know if the teams get to run them in private workouts, but I am pretty sure I would burn #3 without something. 

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Gholston’s problem is that he was strong and fast, but otherwise a complete stiff, athletically.

I was surprised that his 3 cone time was faster than Allen and Oliver.  His short shuttle wasn't bad. Not all world, but didn't seem like a stiff.   

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

You think Mac takes another box safety?

I don't think so, but he could do much worse than the Tiny Linebacker.

51 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Home ownership isn't what it used to be.  Not as clear cut a win anymore, even with interest rates falling.  Especially, and hopefully we can avoid politics, but with some of the tax reform (SALT and mortgage deductions), it makes it more difficult and not very advantageous to own in the Northeast.  Meanwhile, my landlord has fixed the fridge twice, the oven once, replaced the microwave, and the dishwasher.  For now, I'll take it and let my 'down payment' grow in the market and a high-interest savings account.

Yep, my 30 y/o daughter and son in law who got married in June taking same approach. They are renting nice townhouse for a couple years, let their money grow and keep saving. Then will buy in Fairfax when they can get to an ideal place along with having enough down cheddar to avoid PMI. It’s the smart move if you want to own a home were the homes are pricey as f... I paid my 15 year mortgage off, so I’m planning on getting a vacation van down by the river eventually. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Home ownership isn't what it used to be.  Not as clear cut a win anymore, even with interest rates falling.  Especially, and hopefully we can avoid politics, but with some of the tax reform (SALT and mortgage deductions), it makes it more difficult and not very advantageous to own in the Northeast.  Meanwhile, my landlord has fixed the fridge twice, the oven once, replaced the microwave, and the dishwasher.  For now, I'll take it and let my 'down payment' grow in the market and a high-interest savings account.

To each is own your choice and I don't fault ridicule or mock you for your decisions.  Good luck 

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yep, my 30 y/o daughter and son in law who got married in June taking same approach. They are renting nice townhouse for a couple years, let their money grow and keep saving. Then will buy in Fairfax when they can get to an ideal place along with having enough down cheddar to avoid PMI. It’s the smart move if you want to own a home were the homes are pricey as f... I paid my 15 year mortgage off, so I’m planning on getting a vacation van down by the river eventually. 

Me too a vacation van or rv we think alike, let me know where I might park next to you by the river. 

Seriously home ownership used to be the American dream not so much anymore.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

To each is own your choice and I don't fault ridicule or mock you for your decisions.  Good luck 

Me too a vacation van or rv we think alike, let me know where I might park next to you by the river. 

Seriously home ownership used to be the American dream not so much anymore, most millennials want nothing to do with owning a home they don't want to maintain or care for a home or the property. 

When did this turn into the home ownership forum?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

High interest savings account?

• Haha 3

Just now, TeddEY said:

Joke, or actual question?

Kinda both, the best I've seen is 2% ish on introductory rates . My grandfather used to drill into my head to save save save but that's when a savings account or 1 year CD would get you north of 10%

• Upvote 1

This makes sense bc if Bosa is going 1, the 49ers are going to take Williams at 2 dropping Murray to the Jets. Hopefully a team who didn't think they'd have a chance at Murray makes a big offer to get ahead of the Raiders. Fingers crossed